Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #211
Boxing Insider

vCash: 75
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
A lot of "he may" in that, or it "may" not have ever happened. Lets not forget how shit Edison Miranda is now, yet he can hit and spark the 175 lb champion with padded gloves and headgear...but can't win on FNF? I mean again, everyone is entitled to believe what they want but I don't give a **** if Dawson was 140 lbs, I don't believe he was sparked by Edison Miranda in sparring. This is a classic case of pics/vids or STFU. IMO.
Damn, you are right. Scully should have grabbed a camera while Chad was out cold and snapped a few shots just so you could have some proof. Why wasn't Miguel Diaz filming this instead of training Miranda? What world do you live in? If there isn't a pic or a video than it didn't happen? Did you film every chick you banged? Guess your making up those stories up too then brah.
Boxing Insider is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #212
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
A lot of "he may" in that, or it "may" not have ever happened. Lets not forget how shit Edison Miranda is now, yet he can hit and spark the 175 lb champion with padded gloves and headgear...but can't win on FNF? I mean again, everyone is entitled to believe what they want but I don't give a **** if Dawson was 140 lbs, I don't believe he was sparked by Edison Miranda in sparring. This is a classic case of pics/vids or STFU. IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nastynas View Post
It's sparring, everyone has gotten hurt in sparring. Even Tyson and Foreman.
This. Sparring for weeks brings a lot of opportunity. 5 or 6 weeks worth. I'm confident of my source on this one and believe it happened. Dawson started his weight drain months ago and this may have well played into it. It only takes one well placed/timed punch from someone like Miranda and a lot of people will go down.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #213
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Insider View Post
Damn, you are right. Scully should have grabbed a camera while Chad was out cold and snapped a few shots just so you could have some proof. Why wasn't Miguel Diaz filming this instead of training Miranda? What world do you live in? If there isn't a pic or a video than it didn't happen? Did you film every chick you banged? Guess your making up those stories up too then brah.
Didn't realize Miguel Diaz was training Edison now. How long has this been going on?
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #214
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #215
Boxing Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Didn't realize Miguel Diaz was training Edison now. How long has this been going on?
I don't know a lot about it. My friend, same one who witnessed this KO first hand, told me Miguel Diaz was helping Edison out for his fight against Bellew. I guess Miranda came to spar with Chad solo and was looking for a new trainer while in Vegas. Wasn't Diaz the one who couldn't stop the cut Miranda got against Chilemba? Diaz is one of the best cutmen, I don't know much about him being a trainer, although he used to give Miguel Cotto all the instructions during his fights.
Boxing Insider is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #216
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
I don't know a lot about it. My friend, same one who witnessed this KO first hand, told me Miguel Diaz was helping Edison out for his fight against Bellew. I guess Miranda came to spar with Chad solo and was looking for a new trainer while in Vegas. Wasn't Diaz the one who couldn't stop the cut Miranda got against Chilemba? Diaz is one of the best cutmen, I don't know much about him being a trainer, although he used to give Miguel Cotto all the instructions during his fights.
I don't know who the cut man was for that fight. Diaz is pretty knowledgeable but seems to have had mixed success as a trainer. Seems like a genuinely good guy though.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2012, 12:42 PM   #217
Pantera2000
9 lives
ESB Addict

Quote:
Wow, if you know that Diaz is training Edison for this fight then that gives everything you have said a lot of creditability. I haven't seen that posted anywhere. What you say is true, Miguel is training Edison for this fight. They started working together in Vegas. He has been Edison's cutman for a few fights. He was the one who couldn't stop that nasty cut, but it was deep and kept getting reopened. It required a lot of stitches, I don't think there was anything anyone could have done more to help during the fight.

If Edison wins this fight and possibly lands that Froch fight, I would think he will look for someone else. Maybe Virgil Hunter will take him in. He found the blue print for Ward to destroy Froch...
Pantera2000 is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #218
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Again I can't stress the fact that this has almost nothing to do with the fight at hand. No offense to the thread starter but airing out this kind of subtle defamation seems borderline childish. This may very well be true but how does it change or how will it affect the outcome saturday night? Let's hear some fight analysis instead of the wasting time convincing us that a heavy handed unaccomplished contender was able to KO a superbly talented light heavyweight champ. This is boxing this shit happens, I have no problems with you letting us know this happened but it seems as if you have some hidden agenda or hard on surrounding the amount of folks you have successfully convinced.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #219
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict

you are absolutely clueless if you dont think a fighter being knocked out cold(concussion) a couple weeks before a fight is not signifigant.

this without taking into consideration that said fighter is cutting weight in his first attempt at a lower weight class in over six years.

the esb forum seriously needs a penalty box to temporarily quarantine members that post with such stupidity.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #220
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 2000

I think "whether it's significant" is a secondary controversy here.

Obviously if it happened, it's fairly significant.

The meat and potatoes of the issue is whether it even did happen. There have been lots of yays and lots of nays.

Without video, it's all he-said she-said. You can't prove a negative, so the rumor will probably linger on for a long time even if untrue.

"If a light heavyweight falls in the woods, and nobody's around to capture it on their smartphone..."
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 09-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #221
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
This. Sparring for weeks brings a lot of opportunity. 5 or 6 weeks worth. I'm confident of my source on this one and believe it happened. Dawson started his weight drain months ago and this may have well played into it. It only takes one well placed/timed punch from someone like Miranda and a lot of people will go down.
You'll believe anything just like you believed that POS lying hack Gabe Montoya. How did that work out for you?
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #222
Habecki
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 727

Didn't go thru all the pages here so maybe this has been answered but if this is true why isn't the big mouth of Edison Miranda reporting it for us?

It would be seem impossible for Miranda to keep this to himself.
Habecki is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #223
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
You'll believe anything just like you believed that POS lying hack Gabe Montoya. How did that work out for you?
You'll have to provide some proof. I remember agreeing it was possible for what he said to be true. Be specific troll.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #224
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habecki View Post
Didn't go thru all the pages here so maybe this has been answered but if this is true why isn't the big mouth of Edison Miranda reporting it for us?

It would be seem impossible for Miranda to keep this to himself.
All fighters sign confidentiality statements prior to accepting sparring partner roles.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #225
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1124

WOW Ward by KO here !
bronx is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum