boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #91
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,645
vCash: 488
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Gifts exist in boxing.
Arcane is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #92
Quincy K
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: mexico
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
There's actually nothing whatsoever wrong with that, actually.

Unless you're betting on yourself to lose and then take a dive, which is morally reprehensible.

As long as you're backing yourself, if you're good enough to peg down a round in which to KO your opponent, more power to you. (some argue this is akin to point shaving in team sports, but **** that. Again, if you're good enough to pick a round, bless ya, get paid)
agreed 100 percent. pbf alledgedly told people that he was going to ko ortiz. he probably couldve kod mosely. pbf three years ago was so good that he could tell everyone to bet him by decision because he certainly wasnt going to lose and he had the power to run for a decision without the worry of being ko'd or losing on the cards.

the point i was making is that some of their decisions(mayweathers) are affected by gambling...an addiction irrelevant of making money. more of an ego thing. michael jordan was an avid gambler on the golf courses and the money to him was obviously irrelevant.
Quincy K is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #93
Badlok
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chibougamau
Posts: 7,034
vCash: 2350
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Yeah, appreciated, just

Trying to read between the lines is tempting.

We boxing fans are such filthy gossips, we're like old ladies in a small town at a knitting circle.
couldn't say it better!
Badlok is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #94
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bumfuck, Egypt
Posts: 22,190
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantera2000 View Post
Regardless if this is true or not,
Just tell us it didn't happen and put it to rest then.
Hermit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #95
haworths623
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 931
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

I also heard that one of Vitali Klitschko's 3 sparring parters: Cesar Rene Cuenca, Paulie Malgnaggi and Sergio Mora also knock Vitali the **** out during training for his fight with Manuel Charr. Can you verify this thread starter?
haworths623 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #96
Boxing Insider
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 26
vCash: 75
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by haworths623 View Post
I also heard that one of Vitali Klitschko's 3 sparring parters: Cesar Rene Cuenca, Paulie Malgnaggi and Sergio Mora also knock Vitali the **** out during training for his fight with Manuel Charr. Can you verify this thread starter?
See now YOU are just being a jackass. You obviously don't know much about the boxing industry. It is a very small niche group. When something happens in the gym, it is hard to keep the buzz quiet from INSIDE the boxing world. However, there is also great respect from most that what happens in the gym stays out of public knowledge. What do you expect? Dawson camp to send out a press release about this happening? Do you think anyone in the Miranda camp is going to come public with this and **** of Dawson's group and look like a bunch of assholes for 'bragging' of what Miranda did to Dawson.

My source is as reliable as me seeing it with my own two eyes. You are not going to find any official news report about this, especially right now. Maybe down the road reliable sources will speak publicly about it, but maybe not. In the meantime, I could give a **** if you or anyone else believes this happened or not. There are plenty of people who post on this board that are in the industry. You have no idea who I am and what I know. That's how I want it. This site is to post information about boxing and discuss. I posted something that I knew and thought it would be good for discussing. You have the right to your opinion. For the record, my opinion is you are a jackass.
Boxing Insider is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #97
Pantera2000
9 lives
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,172
vCash: 75
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Just tell us it didn't happen and put it to rest then.
Pantera2000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #98
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bronx ny
Posts: 4,954
vCash: 495
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Even if he was dropped an hurt it wouldn't mean much. Your working on things in sparring, sometimes A fighter is working on his D an not going even 50 percent offense on his sparring partner. Miranda might have stepped up his pressure out of nowhere an caught Dawson. So many variables.
brnxhands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #99
Ripple633
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,186
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Insider View Post
See now YOU are just being a jackass. You obviously don't know much about the boxing industry. It is a very small niche group. When something happens in the gym, it is hard to keep the buzz quiet from INSIDE the boxing world. However, there is also great respect from most that what happens in the gym stays out of public knowledge. What do you expect? Dawson camp to send out a press release about this happening? Do you think anyone in the Miranda camp is going to come public with this and **** of Dawson's group and look like a bunch of assholes for 'bragging' of what Miranda did to Dawson.

My source is as reliable as me seeing it with my own two eyes. You are not going to find any official news report about this, especially right now. Maybe down the road reliable sources will speak publicly about it, but maybe not. In the meantime, I could give a **** if you or anyone else believes this happened or not. There are plenty of people who post on this board that are in the industry. You have no idea who I am and what I know. That's how I want it. This site is to post information about boxing and discuss. I posted something that I knew and thought it would be good for discussing. You have the right to your opinion. For the record, my opinion is you are a jackass.
I don't know what you are making a big deal about. This isn't the first time Dawson has been starched in sparring. I recall Andre Dirrell kicking Dawson's ass in sparring. Tavoris Cloud said he gave Dawson a black eye, when they sparred during the amateurs. Also given the fact that Miranda is a huge puncher, it's not surprising that Miranda hurt Dawson. But from what I heard Dawson for most of the time they sparred got the better of Miranda.
Ripple633 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #100
Ripple633
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,186
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnxhands View Post
Even if he was dropped an hurt it wouldn't mean much. Your working on things in sparring, sometimes A fighter is working on his D an not going even 50 percent offense on his sparring partner. Miranda might have stepped up his pressure out of nowhere an caught Dawson. So many variables.

Exactly, and people forget that Miranda is a puncher.
Ripple633 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #101
Pantera2000
9 lives
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,172
vCash: 75
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripple633 View Post
I don't know what you are making a big deal about. This isn't the first time Dawson has been starched in sparring. I recall Andre Dirrell kicking Dawson's ass in sparring. Tavoris Cloud said he gave Dawson a black eye, when they sparred during the amateurs. Also given the fact that Miranda is a huge puncher, it's not surprising that Miranda hurt Dawson. But from what I heard Dawson for most of the time they sparred got the better of Miranda.
He doesn't seem to be making a big deal about it. He said on page 3 that this wasn't a big deal and says what brnxhands said about its only sparring. Seems like this guy has some inside info and people don't want to believe him. Gotta be frustrating...
Pantera2000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #102
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bumfuck, Egypt
Posts: 22,190
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnxhands View Post
Even if he was dropped an hurt it wouldn't mean much. Your working on things in sparring, sometimes A fighter is working on his D an not going even 50 percent offense on his sparring partner. Miranda might have stepped up his pressure out of nowhere an caught Dawson. So many variables.
Wouldn't Miranda have been working on his upcoming fight also? Protect yourself at ALL times in the ring. Rule one through 10.
Hermit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #103
Pantera2000
9 lives
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,172
vCash: 75
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Wouldn't Miranda have been working on his upcoming fight also? Protect yourself at ALL times in the ring. Rule one through 10.
Or call Randy Nuemann into the ring and he will protect you...
Pantera2000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #104
luciano222
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 314
vCash: 1219
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENNY BLANCO View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


lmfao i was thinking the same thing...def taking this for future posts
luciano222 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #105
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bronx ny
Posts: 4,954
vCash: 495
Default Re: Chad Dawson ko'd by Edison Miranda while sparring

Its not a fight. yeah sparring wars happen, but any top flight boxer is sparring to work not take eachothers heads off like 2 beginners sparring. chad may have been trying to tweek something an got caught, chad may not have been on his offense at over 50 percent. Where as if he was miranda may not have gotten that oppurtunity. its just sparring is all i'm saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Wouldn't Miranda have been working on his upcoming fight also? Protect yourself at ALL times in the ring. Rule one through 10.
brnxhands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015