boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
II-Slick
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Ward Vs. Dawson = Mayweather Vs. Judah

a southpaw vs an orthodox boxer. 2 athletic technically skilled slick fighters in a high speed, well coordinated chess match.

one being a genius that has the ability to adapt as the fight goes on, and the other who seems to mentally fade down the stretch.

each great hand speed so i guarentee theyll be landing on eachother way more than either expect. ask yourselves, when was the last time each of them have fought someone as skilled as one another? dont expect much toe to toe action but i expect an entertaining Judah-Mayweatherish exhibition. and that's a damn good fight. 2 prime youngstas.

cant wait for this one
II-Slick is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
liljp361
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ward Vs. Dawson = Mayweather Vs. Judah

never really considered this but I think Dawson may be a little more diverse in his abilities than Judah and I think Ward will be hurting Dawson more than Mayweather did Judah
liljp361 is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
boxfanlut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Have they ever sparred together back in the day or as pro? if not nothing alike.
boxfanlut is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
II-Slick
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljp361 View Post
never really considered this but I think Dawson may be a little more diverse in his abilities than Judah and I think Ward will be hurting Dawson more than Mayweather did Judah
true.

false.
II-Slick is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
Colpolite
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

A judah type of fighter will never beat a legend like B-Hop.

Dawson>Judah
Colpolite is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
Suga
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colpolite View Post

Dawson>Judah
A 50 year old B-hop?
Suga is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #7
Pantera2000
9 lives
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colpolite View Post

Dawson>Judah
Dawson>Judah
Ward>B-Hop
Pantera2000 is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #8
blackbolt396
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Going to be a good fight I'm still on the fence.
blackbolt396 is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #9
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by II-Slick View Post
a southpaw vs an orthodox boxer. 2 athletic technically skilled slick fighters in a high speed, well coordinated chess match.

one being a genius that has the ability to adapt as the fight goes on, and the other who seems to mentally fade down the stretch.

each great hand speed so i guarentee theyll be landing on eachother way more than either expect. ask yourselves, when was the last time each of them have fought someone as skilled as one another? dont expect much toe to toe action but i expect an entertaining Judah-Mayweatherish exhibition. and that's a damn good fight. 2 prime youngstas.

cant wait for this one
With the draining, I can see Dawson getting KO'd. But if Dawson is not drained, it will not even be close. Dawson will be WAAAY too fast for short, slow Ward. It would be like the Bhop fight, a guy who is good enough to make it ugly, and SEEM competitive, but just too short, and too slow to actually win. I see it identical as the Bhop fight. Chad didnt mentally fade in that fight, because he was just too big and too fast. With Ward's little azz and his super slow hands, I see him having problems, unless Dawson is drained, tired, slow, with a glass jaw. Froch was able to touch him with slow hands, Dawson can do much more. All Dawson has to do if Ward starts getting on the insides, due to Chad leaning down, is just stand straight up, lean back, and throw that Check hook all day.
kingmurkaveli is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 08:21 PM   #10
liljp361
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by II-Slick View Post
true.

false.
lol you think itll be a boring one?
liljp361 is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #11
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suga View Post
A 50 year old B-hop?
Bhop is old, but he wasnt old in that fight. That brother was moving fast as hell to avoid Dawson's punches. Jumping around in that corner like a wild cat. And his hands where fast enough to kind of be competitive. I see this fight IDENTICAL to the Bhop fight, with Ward being just as athletic as a 50 yr old Bhop. Now if Dawson is tired, slow, drained, glass jaw, I wont be surprised if he gets stopped. Other than that, Dawson is just too tall and too fast for Short stubby slow handed Ward.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #12
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljp361 View Post
lol you think itll be a boring one?
These boys always have something negative to say. This fight is one of the biggest fights in the past few yrs. I just want to see who will win, and I know its going to turn into a war with inside fighting. They both wont back down. They both dont hit hard enough to make eachother clinch allot.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
PBFred
Champion
East Side Guru

Good call. Hope it matches it and one of those guys gets the push they deserve.
PBFred is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #14
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side VIP

vCash: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfanlut View Post
Is one of them coming off a Unanimous Decision Loss? If not, then nothing alike.
Fixed!
janeschicken is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #15
II-Slick
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmurkaveli View Post
With the draining, I can see Dawson getting KO'd. But if Dawson is not drained, it will not even be close. Dawson will be WAAAY too fast for short, slow Ward. It would be like the Bhop fight, a guy who is good enough to make it ugly, and SEEM competitive, but just too short, and too slow to actually win. I see it identical as the Bhop fight. Chad didnt mentally fade in that fight, because he was just too big and too fast. With Ward's little azz and his super slow hands, I see him having problems, unless Dawson is drained, tired, slow, with a glass jaw. Froch was able to touch him with slow hands, Dawson can do much more. All Dawson has to do if Ward starts getting on the insides, due to Chad leaning down, is just stand straight up, lean back, and throw that Check hook all day.
why are you comparing a damn near 50 year old Bhop to a prime Ward? Ward is slow? his hands are super quick, just on Chad's level of quickness. how was Froch able to touch him up? it was a shut out and on top of that, he fought him with one hand.

if you wanna bring up opponents touching them up, all u gotta do is look @ the Pascal fight for the blueprint. an inferior boxer in every single way was able to best Chad just by being the one to get off first but to Chad's credit it looked like he was on his way to a stoppage. but still, old man glenn johnson made a competitive fight with him as well. Chad has become to timid when it comes to throwing his punches nowadays and that will be his downfall against Ward.
II-Slick is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum