Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #121
avenel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Cotto vs Trout Press Conference, Info, Analysis and Updates!

“Austin puede decir lo que quiera, pero él no es el primer boxeador alto que enfrento ni el primero que me aventaja en alcance. Tampoco es el primero que tiene un buen jab. Miguel Cotto subirá en las mejores condiciones posibles y veremos como se dan las cosas”, dijo Cotto al citar oponentes previos como Yuri Foreman y Antonio Margarito entre quienes le han superado en estatura y alcance ,y que los ha derrotado.
avenel is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #122
avenel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Luego de la pelea, Trout me dirá si tuvo el footwork, el alcance y, más que nada, la inteligencia para enfrentar a un Miguel Cotto por 36 minutos, 12 asaltos y no solamente por solo tres o cuatro. Él está acostumbrado a enfrentar a peleadores clase B, clase C, clase C o clase D. Pero nunca ha enfrentado a un boxeadro clase A como Miguel Cotto y ahí veremos cuál será su reacción cuando termine la pelea”.

Las expresiones de Cotto vinieron como reacción a las palabras de Trout de que lo aventajaba en todas las facetas del boxeo, que le serviría de escalón al estrellato y que bailará alrededor de él toda la pelea.

“Hay una cosa muy clara. Hay bailadores que bailan al ritmo de la música. Pero hay bailadores que pierden el ritmo. Y eso es lo que le va a pasar a Austin Trout”, rispostó, por su parte, el entrenador de Cotto, Pedro Luis Díaz.

“Trout es un oponente que respetamos, pero él nunca ha enfrentado a un peleador del nivel de Miguel y el 1ero de diciembre lo va a averiguar. Vamos a ir bien preparados”.
avenel is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #123
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenel View Post
“Austin puede decir lo que quiera, pero él no es el primer boxeador alto que enfrento ni el primero que me aventaja en alcance. Tampoco es el primero que tiene un buen jab. Miguel Cotto subirá en las mejores condiciones posibles y veremos como se dan las cosas”, dijo Cotto al citar oponentes previos como Yuri Foreman y Antonio Margarito entre quienes le han superado en estatura y alcance ,y que los ha derrotado.
"Austin can say what he wants, but he's not the first tall boxer that I have faced nor is he the first to have the reach advantage over me. Neither is he the first to have a good jab. Miguel Cotto will show up in the best condition possible and we should see how things go.", said Cotto as he made references to previous opponents like Yuri Forman and Antonio Margarito who had height and reach advantages, and who he beat.

Very confident words from Cotto, this is going to be good. Trout is no slouch, a solid natural 154 pounder southpaw with some tricks up his sleeve; but has yet to face someone at the level that Cotto is at.
Atritionist is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #124
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

War Cotto!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #125
Heavy Handed
I keep planets in orbit
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
War Cotto!

Just make that your av Turbo!
Heavy Handed is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #126
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Handed View Post
Just make that your av Turbo!

That might even be member profile pic material
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #127
haworths623
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 931

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampioni View Post
Soon to be a great thread. WAR COTTO !!

4:15 Glad to see the honesty in Cotto. Margarito is a nut

If Magarito had any common sense he would have quit against Pacquiao.
haworths623 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2012, 06:16 AM   #128
Da Boxer
Cotto Soldier
ESB Senior Member

Default Trout: I'm better than Cotto!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60Nhwe7Y7Cc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
Da Boxer is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 02:49 AM   #129
Da Boxer
Cotto Soldier
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Jackie Kallen: Miguel Cotto vs Austin Trout at the Garden?
  • October 1st, 2012
By Jackie Kallen
Miguel Cotto will be facing Austin Trout on December 1 at Madison Square Garden for the WBA Superwelterweight title. Unless you are a die-hard boxing fan, you may be asking yourself, “Who the hell is Austin Trout?” Cotto has been in the ring with the top names in the sport like Mayweather, Margarito, Pacquaio and Mosley. The most recognizable name on Trout’s record is Delvin Rodriguez.
This is one of those match-ups that leaves most of us scratching our heads. Not to say that the undefeated Trout doesn’t deserve a shot at Cotto. He is 25-0. But the list of his opponents looks like a Palookville phone book. A quick scan of the names reveals records like 40-12, 8-38 and 10-20.
Cotto is four years older, which probably doesn’t mean much except that he has had a whopping 40 fights against the best in the sport. Trout is a southpaw, which could be a factor since Pacquaio is also a leftie and did a number on the Puerto Rican in 2009.
I really can’t see these two men being in the same league, though. I have only seen limited youtube footage of Trout, but I was not overly impressed. He seems competent, but not a candidate for the pound-for-pound elite.
I also watched an interview with him about Canelo Alvarez. He seemed ****y and sure of himself and declared that Canelo “is not on my level. He would not be able to hit me. He doesn’t have the footwork to deal with me.” Really? I know a few people who might disagree with that statement.
Personally, I am not chomping at the bit to see this fight. It will not have boxing aficionados canceling plans that night to sit in front of the TV. They may DVR it and watch it later, but I doubt there are too many people who give Trout much of a chance. This is one of those match-ups that could end up shocking everyone if Trout somehow pulls it off. But I imagine it will be similar to the Alvarez/Lopez fight a couple of weeks ago. A game challenger, but a much better foe.
Cotto has worn a championship belt every single year since 2004 and has won 16 out of 19 title fights. He is happy to be fighting in New York, which is the next best thing to being in Puerto Rico. He knows that the people there love him and will come out in droves to support him.
Trout claims to have no concerns about the New York crowd.
“I know the Puerto Rican fans are going to be out in full-force, but on December 1st, there is going to be a new star in boxing. They’re going to see why I’m here, why I’m the champion. I have two things in this sport right now – my belt and my undefeated record and I plan to keep both of them.”
We shall see. I like Trout’s manager (Bob Spagnolo) and I wish them luck. But this is a bit like David fighting Goliath. Or is it?
Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Da Boxer is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 03:28 AM   #130
Da Boxer
Cotto Soldier
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Austin Trout says that after meeting Miguel Cotto face-to-face at their press conferences, he feels he can use his physicality against the Puerto Rican star on December 1.
Miguel Cotto-Austin Trout press conferences in New York and Puerto Rico made very clear that Trout, a 5'10" legitimate junior middleweight, is simply a bigger man than former junior welterweight and welterweight titlist Cotto, and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] when they meet on December 1 at Madison Square Garden:
"I am a lot bigger, physically, than him. That was the first time I had been right next to him. I knew pretty much about his dimensions. But seeing it up close, it was funny. But it was cool. We kind of looked at him and we agreed that if we need to, we can definitely push this little dude around."
... "He looked me right in the eyes, and a lot of people don't do that for as long as we were in the stare down. I didn't expect fear. But I thought that it was funny that he really had to look up a lot to do the stare down. I'm 5-foot-10, and I would say that he's about 5-8 or 5-7."
Trout also had this to say about Cotto's current conditioning:
"We had to do the Showtime promo, and whatnot, and we had to do it with your shirts off last Tuesday. I'm not saying that he was fat, or anything, but he did have a little bit of a belly on him."
Cotto, who is listed at 5'7" and was fairly small height- and reach-wise even at welterweight, has been able to use his great skill to succeed at 154 pounds, where he's beaten Antonio Margarito, Ricardo Mayorga, and Yuri Foreman, and lost to Floyd Mayweather. Margarito and Mayorga were at their best at 147 pounds, too, while Mayweather, of course, has traveled in weight from 130 pounds at the start of his career. Foreman, meanwhile, was simply not physical at all, and also suffered a bad knee injury in his fight with Cotto.
This is one of the big things that makes Trout (25-0, 14 KO) a live dog on December 1. If he can use his size, and you add in the fact that he can box and can move well, then Cotto (37-3, 30 KO) could very well have a long night in the ring awaiting him.
Of course, boxing has a long history of some "little dudes" putting the hurt on bigger foes for a variety of reasons, and we've seen smaller guys in fights turn into the bully many times. The bottom line is, Trout has to be prepared for someone better than he's ever fought, and Cotto has to be prepared for what might really be the first true, natural 154-pound fighter he's faced.
Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Da Boxer is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 01:54 AM   #131
Da Boxer
Cotto Soldier
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Las Cruces native set to fight in championship boxing match

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Photo by Liz Baker
Austin Trout holds his championship belts at a press conference in Las Cruces

Posted: Tuesday, October 2, 2012 7:25 pm | Updated: 11:15 pm, Tue Oct 2, 2012.
Las Cruces may not be known for producing athletes but reigning World Boxing Association Super Welterweight Champion, Austin Trout, is going to change that.
Trout was born and raised in Las Cruces and has spent the majority of his career training here as well.
“I wear the 3 crosses on all of my trunks. I’m going to make sure they get the name right,” Trout said.
New Mexico State University’s associate athletic director, James Hall, said he was proud to announce a partnership between NMSU and Trout.
“Education is very important to Trout. Having him backing NMSU as an alumnus someday would bring the community together in a positive way.”
The partnership has yet to go official but Trout said, “I’m so thankful for the opportunity NMSU is giving me to balance school and fighting.”
Trout returned to his hometown after promoting his fight in New York and Puerto Rico. The 27-year-old undefeated boxer (25-0) isn’t showing any signs of nervousness for this important match.
“I have no doubt I will win this. It will not be easy by any means, but it will be a good fight.” Trout said.
Trout will continue training in Las Cruces for the next month and then will spend the final month before the fight training in Ruidoso.
Trout will be facing Puerto Rico native, Miguel Cotto (37-3), who was already a champion when Trout was just beginning his amateur career.
Trout said “He’s (Cotto) not one of my favorite people. He’s actually a bit of a jerk. He’s a great fighter; he just doesn't like to be bothered. I’m a peoples champ. I love them, they keep you going.”
Trout has been dealing with criticism from Cotto’s fans on a regular basis since the fight was announced. Critics say he doesn't match up to the seasoned former champ.
“I feed off negative energy. The crowds aren’t going to bother me. I have a super power of ignoring, just ask my kids,” Trout said.
When asked what was next for the fighter Trout said, “The Green belt against Canelo Alvarez. I’m trying to start a collection of belts and they don’t come in ******* Jack boxes. I just have to get in there and fight.”
The title match is set to take place on Dec. 1 at Madison Square Garden and will be televised live on Showtime Championship Boxing.
Interesting comment....
Da Boxer is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 04:12 AM   #132
Da Boxer
Cotto Soldier
ESB Senior Member

Few pics of Miguel at El Morro before departing to Big Bear, Ca:

Enjoy!
Da Boxer is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 04:14 AM   #133
Da Boxer
Cotto Soldier
ESB Senior Member

Cotto at Big Bear, Ca!

GUERRA MIGUEL!!!!!!!!! WAR COTTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Da Boxer is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 04:21 AM   #134
Da Boxer
Cotto Soldier
ESB Senior Member

Da Boxer is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 05:54 AM   #135
Da Boxer
Cotto Soldier
ESB Senior Member

EsNews Report video

Cotto vs Trout

War!
Da Boxer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum