Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #31
Senor Pepe'
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,704
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did Muhammad Ali Want To Get Sripped Of His Title Purposely

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmaff36 View Post
Jesus!! Give it up man.


Talk about flogging a dead horse!!


Yes , Ali wanted to give up his primary source of income.

Complete nonsensical rantings and outrageous claims (yet again).

The man is besotted
The guy was making $30,000 a month on the 'lecture circuit', that equates to approximately $180,000 in month in 2012 dollars.

Just for talking,,,,,,,
Senor Pepe' is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #32
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 2,628
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did Muhammad Ali Want To Get Sripped Of His Title Purposely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Pepe' View Post
The guy was making $30,000 a month on the 'lecture circuit', that equates to approximately $180,000 in month in 2012 dollars.

Just for talking,,,,,,,
30,000 a month yet its well known that he had to borrow money off people, including smokin joe.

He may well have got 30k once or twice, im not disputing that, but no way was he gettin it all the time.

And lets say he was getting that kinda dough regularly, why go back to boxing if hes making that figure?
johnmaff36 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #33
Lord Tywin
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 797
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did Muhammad Ali Want To Get Sripped Of His Title Purposely

Ali was broke when he finally got his license back. Thats a well known fact.
Lord Tywin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #34
Senor Pepe'
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,704
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did Muhammad Ali Want To Get Sripped Of His Title Purposely

Muhammad Ali was in the Top 10 of the 'lecture circuit' in 1967 and 1968,,,,,,,

But in 1969,,,,,,he fell out of demand as he changed from activist for the cause,
to 'it's all about me'.

He made money, by doing boxing exhibitions, usually with Al 'Blue' Lewis and
Orville 'Baby Boy' Qualls.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Senor Pepe' is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #35
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London,England
Posts: 9,345
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did Muhammad Ali Want To Get Sripped Of His Title Purposely

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmaff36 View Post
30,000 a month yet its well known that he had to borrow money off people, including smokin joe.

He may well have got 30k once or twice, im not disputing that, but no way was he gettin it all the time.

And lets say he was getting that kinda dough regularly, why go back to boxing if hes making that figure?

I agree,John. It's a load of bullshit !
Stevie G is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:45 AM   #36
Senor Pepe'
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,704
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did Muhammad Ali Want To Get Sripped Of His Title Purposely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie G View Post
I agree,John. It's a load of bullshit !
Wrong,,,,,,


Cassius Clay,

1968 Income Tax

Income $318,465

That comes to approximately $26,500 per month..

Not including the "Free B's" and the "Cash"

It was good to be an American.
Senor Pepe' is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #37
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London,England
Posts: 9,345
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did Muhammad Ali Want To Get Sripped Of His Title Purposely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Pepe' View Post
Wrong,,,,,,


Cassius Clay,

1968 Income Tax

Income $318,465

That comes to approximately $26,500 per month..

Not including the "Free B's" and the "Cash"

It was good to be an American.

Not as much as he would have got if he'd been fighting that year. Don't forget that,amongst other commitments,Muhammad had his first wife's alimony to deal with too.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #38
Senor Pepe'
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,704
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did Muhammad Ali Want To Get Sripped Of His Title Purposely

Stevie G,,,,,

What's better,,,,,,,getting paid $3000 to $5000 per lecture, on the college circuit,
with all the 1968 'Free Love Chicks'.

Or spending a day with Drew 'Bundini' Brown,,,,,in the gym.
Senor Pepe' is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #39
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 7,568
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did Muhammad Ali Want To Get Sripped Of His Title Purposely

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmaff36 View Post
Jesus!! Give it up man.


Talk about flogging a dead horse!!


Yes , Ali wanted to give up his primary source of income.

Complete nonsensical rantings and outrageous claims (yet again).

The man is besotted
And his obsession with Ali is getting worse
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #40
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 7,568
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did Muhammad Ali Want To Get Sripped Of His Title Purposely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Tywin View Post
Ali was broke when he finally got his license back. Thats a well known fact.
And he was supported by none other than Smokin Joe Frazier
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #41
Senor Pepe'
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,704
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did Muhammad Ali Want To Get Sripped Of His Title Purposely

My son Cassius, we have a 'cash flow' problem.

'There Is No God'

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Senor Pepe' is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #42
Lord Tywin
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 797
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did Muhammad Ali Want To Get Sripped Of His Title Purposely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Pepe' View Post
Wrong,,,,,,


Cassius Clay,

1968 Income Tax

Income $318,465

That comes to approximately $26,500 per month..

Not including the "Free B's" and the "Cash"

It was good to be an American.
1968 was the beginning of his suspension. What were his taxes in 1970 or 1969. And lets see these taxes, release them Mitt, err, I mean Il Duce, er Pepe, whatever your name is...
Lord Tywin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #43
Lord Tywin
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 797
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did Muhammad Ali Want To Get Sripped Of His Title Purposely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Pepe' View Post
Muhammad Ali was in the Top 10 of the 'lecture circuit' in 1967 and 1968,,,,,,,

But in 1969,,,,,,he fell out of demand as he changed from activist for the cause,
to 'it's all about me'.

He made money, by doing boxing exhibitions, usually with Al 'Blue' Lewis and
Orville 'Baby Boy' Qualls.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Let me see this top ten lecture circuit list. Who was it compiled by and why?
Lord Tywin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:50 AM   #44
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London,England
Posts: 9,345
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did Muhammad Ali Want To Get Sripped Of His Title Purposely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
And his obsession with Ali is getting worse

Amen to that,Azzer.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #45
Senor Pepe'
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,704
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did Muhammad Ali Want To Get Sripped Of His Title Purposely

Dr. Timothy Leary (#1)

"Tune In, Tune On, Drop Out"

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Senor Pepe' is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013