Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 09-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default scientists create the perfect athlete superdrug. and its not a drug.

Scientists Invent Oxygen Particle That If Injected Allows You To Live Without Breathing

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

A team of scientists at the Boston Children’s Hospital have invented what is being considered one the greatest medical breakthroughs in recent years. They have designed a microparticle that can be injected into a person’s bloodstream that can quickly oxygenate their blood. This will even work if the ability to breathe has been restricted, or even cut off entirely.

This finding has the potential to save millions of lives every year. The microparticles can keep an object alive for up to 30 min after respiratory failure. This is accomplished through an injection into the patients’ veins. Once injected, the microparticles can oxygenate the blood to near normal levels. This has countless potential uses as it allows life to continue when oxygen is needed but unavailable. For medical personnel, this is just enough time to avoid risking a heart attack or permanent brain injury when oxygen is restricted or cut off to patients.

The microparticles used are composed of oxygen gas pocketed in a layer of lipids. A Lipid is a natural molecule that can store energy and act as a part of a cell membrane, they can be made of many things such as wax, vitamins, phospholipids, and in this case fat is the lipid that stores the oxygen.

These microparticles are around two to four micrometers in length and carry about three to four times the oxygen content of our own red blood cells. In the past, researchers had a difficult time succeeding as prior tests caused gas embolism. This meant that the gas molecules would become stuck trying to squeeze through the capillaries. They corrected this issue by packaging them into small deformable particles rather ones where the structure was rigid.

In the end, this is an amazing medical advancement and I cant help but recall the movie the Abyss when they took the pill, their helmets filled with air, and they were told they can breathe the water. Well what if they really couldn’t “breathe” water” but since the urge to breathe is natural, that must take place… even if you’re not breathing air per se. But your body was provided with enough oxygen for a time period by taking a pill. It’s just goes to show that anything, absolutely anything that can be thought up, can potentially one day become reality. Thank you scientists, for reminding me that people and their ingenuity are nothing short of awesome.

Last edited by swingin; 09-04-2012 at 08:05 PM.
swingin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746
Default Re: scientists create the perfect athlete superdrug. and its not a drug.

Pasific islanders can breath with out any air naturally, they are a super race of humans.....
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: scientists create the perfect athlete superdrug. and its not a drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
Pasific islanders can breath with out any air naturally, they are a super race of humans.....
imagine alex not needing oxygen.....

swingin is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post

StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
Imagine what this forum would be like if TC and WOR didn't have oxygen.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #6
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Why do you include me with your WOR ramblings? i put up good debates but your just ass hurt that i owned you at every Danny Green debate so you throw me in the same hat as WOR, a guy who to his own admission dont even follow boxing.

The only one having oxgen depravation is your balding head sox. Most likely the end result being more softness to that soft part of the skull your lover claims we all have lol.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Why do you include me with your WOR ramblings?
Because you're both ****wits.
Quote:
i put up good debates but your just ass hurt that i owned you at every Danny Green debate
Green has nothing to do with it, firstly because you own no one at anything.
Secondly, I'm not big on Green anyhow, so even in the impossible event you did own someone regarding Green, I wouldn't care.
And thirdly, the real reason is because you're a ****wit.

Now go away and leave me alone.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #8
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

prob tested it on lance armstrong first
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #9
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Because you're both ****wits.

Green has nothing to do with it, firstly because you own no one at anything.
Secondly, I'm not big on Green anyhow, so even in the impossible event you did own someone regarding Green, I wouldn't care.
And thirdly, the real reason is because you're a ****wit.

Now go away and leave me alone.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #10
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Why do you include me with your WOR ramblings? i put up good debates but your just ass hurt that i owned you at every Danny Green debate so you throw me in the same hat as WOR, a guy who to his own admission dont even follow boxing.

The only one having oxgen depravation is your balding head sox. Most likely the end result being more softness to that soft part of the skull your lover claims we all have lol.
Stfu weirdo!

Havent you got some anti police rally to rabble rabble at with the rest of the deadshits?
pecks is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #11
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Imagine what this forum would be like if TC and WOR didn't have oxygen.
Hang your head in shame sox.
TC would have to have been starved of oxygen upon birth. A bit harsh to kick spastic tits when he's already been dealt a shit cunt of a hand from mother nature.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #12
bruiserh

vCash:

TC is getting smashed in multiple threads today
Old 09-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #13
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Hang your head in shame sox.
TC would have to have been starved of oxygen upon birth. A bit harsh to kick spastic tits when he's already been dealt a shit cunt of a hand from mother nature.
Ooops, sorry.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #14
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

telling me to leave you alone yet you dragged me into this bullsht argument lol? talk about the boy who cried wolf, you fckwit lol
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2012, 12:39 AM   #15
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
telling me to leave you alone yet you dragged me into this bullsht argument lol? talk about the boy who cried wolf, you fckwit lol
Ty, are you trying to be retarded?
pecks is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum