Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: WHO DO YOU PICK
HATTON WINS 9 20.00%
COTTO WINS 36 80.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2008, 06:01 AM   #16
stuey
Never bet on England
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: the sham
Posts: 1,795
vCash: 622
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

awful lot of hatton hating in this forum lately.
cotto is very good, i agree but ricky is also very good. i believe ricky met floyd on a night when floyd was simply awesome, there is noody in the world, including cotto that would have hung with floyd that night.
and lets not make cotto out to be superman, he was life and death with torres, hurt badly by corley and if his power is so stella why do all his stoppages come in the last two or three?
i beleive this fight would be close, very close. cotto maybe takes a points win, but only because, for me, ricky has slipped because of his lifestyle.
stuey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2008, 06:21 AM   #17
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 2,464
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
I dont believe Hatton has declined.His the kind of fighter that looks great in the gym when bags and pads dont punch back.He trains like an animal and amazingly despite his lifestyle still makes the weight with ease and room to spare. BUT as his gone up in class the fighters punch back.His style has been exposed as flawed because his too open defensively, doesnt punch that hard, and his volume punching only works against fighters of the WBU type that he used to fight regularly.

Anyone can look like a killer when they fight down a peg.Now his moved up into "real" world class all his performances including his victory over Kostya have been average and mediocre.Kostya was a great result because of his name but the fight was a foulfest and not Marquis of Queensbury boxing.Against Collazo and Urango he also had off nights.His only throwback victory was vs a shot Castillo.BUT he continues to win, but due to the nature of his victorys he is bound at some stage to get found out even worse than he did vs Floyd.
while i agree with some of what you say i think that's a little harsh.the main reason i think he's declined is basically that the unbelievable fitness and stamina he had has faded somewhat,and i think you can put it entirely down to lifestyle, and the reduced frequency of his fights.i think on the way up and until the tszyu fight he was fighting 3,4 and sometimes 5 times a year,he really didn't have much time to balloon because he was basically training for fights.although granted the opposition wasn't as great nobody tell me that hatton wasn't fighting with more intensity then and sustaining it for the full duration than he is now.fighting twice a year now basically gives him 6 months off and anyone can see the results.lets face it he's no bernard hopkins or calzaghe keeping himself in shape between fights.of course on top of that the level of opposition he's fighting now means it only gets harder,i believe the rots in and i wouldn't take him to beat witter,malignaggi and certainly not cotto.
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:02 AM   #18
dwilson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Cotto would ko Hatton in under 5 rounds. big mismatch.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:38 AM   #19
stuey
Never bet on England
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: the sham
Posts: 1,795
vCash: 622
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
Cotto would ko Hatton in under 5 rounds. big mismatch.

behave.
stuey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:42 AM   #20
Polymath
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,328
vCash: 500
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
Cotto would ko Hatton in under 5 rounds. big mismatch.
Agreed. Cotto has grown into the WW division and look huge and strong. Hatton didn't.
Polymath is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:46 AM   #21
Words
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,499
vCash: 75
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Yes actually.

A prime Ricky Hatton is a handful for anyone at 140lbs, and only the very best 147lbers beat him. The Hatton of about 2 or 3 years ago would give Cotto a real hard fight.

The only stumbling block for me is if Hatton is really on the slide, if he is I pick Cotto. But a prime Hatton is a very dangerous fight for Cotto, more dangerous than Mosley, and just coz he got beat by Floyd people shouldn't be writing him off.
Words is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:47 AM   #22
dwilson
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymath
Agreed. Cotto has grown into the WW division and look huge and strong. Hatton didn't.
Yeah I meant in the welterweight division. Obviously if Cotto dropped down it couldbe different. Cotto would still win.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:10 PM   #23
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,455
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Cotto is the only man who has a chance Vs Mayweather therefore I would give Hatton little chance of victory.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:32 PM   #24
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron u.k.
while i agree with some of what you say i think that's a little harsh.the main reason i think he's declined is basically that the unbelievable fitness and stamina he had has faded somewhat,and i think you can put it entirely down to lifestyle, and the reduced frequency of his fights.i think on the way up and until the tszyu fight he was fighting 3,4 and sometimes 5 times a year,he really didn't have much time to balloon because he was basically training for fights.although granted the opposition wasn't as great nobody tell me that hatton wasn't fighting with more intensity then and sustaining it for the full duration than he is now.fighting twice a year now basically gives him 6 months off and anyone can see the results.lets face it he's no bernard hopkins or calzaghe keeping himself in shape between fights.of course on top of that the level of opposition he's fighting now means it only gets harder,i believe the rots in and i wouldn't take him to beat witter,malignaggi and certainly not cotto.
Frank knew EXACTLY what he was doing with Hatton and had him fighting frequently because of his lifestyle and the style with which he fights. Hatton will get found out soon thats real. As far as im concerned harsh or not the fat lady is singing loudly.His comfortable now and doesnt need boxing.He doesnt have the desire to face any live bodies unless his making big bucks from it.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #25
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitandhope
Yeah, coz Cotto's such a one-shot knockout punch specialist.

Hatton's got a fantastic chin. He soaked up some scary punishment from Floyd before his stamina went (as usual).
Scary punishment? What scary punishment??!?! PBF doesnt have feathers for fists but his hardly a scary puncher nor a consussive puncher.His a great box puncher who rarely if ever KO`s anyone early. Cotto is a clubbing bruising puncher.If you want to see scary punishment watch his fight with Zab Judah.That was a brutal one sided beatdown.Get with the program.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:57 PM   #26
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitandhope
**** me mate. Floyd used Hatton as a punchbag. One straight punch after another bang bang bang. And I did watch Cotto Judah. I agree, frightening stuff.

As for get with the program, well your opinion isn't mine. Is that OK?
Agreed.But it was an entirely diffrent beat down.Hatton was being hit cleanly and precisly numerous times but they were not the kind of punches that would instantly get your respect like Cotto`s punches. That was the sweet science right there, box punching at its finest.Hatton got beat up and we know he marks badly but he only had some very minor bruising and a small cut.

Zab on the other hand looked like his face had just been put through a mincer.Iv never seen Zab beaten like that EVER.He simply got beaten up.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:58 PM   #27
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,959
vCash: 1900
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

seriously i dont think hatton at 147 could even beat alfonso gomez or antonio margarito.
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #28
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,959
vCash: 1900
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Zab on the other hand looked like his face had just been put through a mincer.Iv never seen Zab beaten like that EVER.He simply got beaten up.
also when was the last time anyone ever saw shane mosleys jaw swell up like it was in the post fight conference?
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #29
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
seriously i dont think hatton at 147 could even beat alfonso gomez or antonio margarito.
Gomez would be in his face in a torrid war and Margo would KO him mid to late.Hatton is too small to make a dent.And stylistically he doesnt have the tools to beat any of the names at 47.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:04 PM   #30
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,959
vCash: 1900
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

hatton relies on his strength and size, he likes to bully his opponents around the ring, you could tell he took it as a big surprise when he saw he couldn't outmuscle floyd, he looked alittle dis-heartened a few rounds before the stoppage.
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013