Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: WHO DO YOU PICK
HATTON WINS 9 20.00%
COTTO WINS 36 80.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2008, 07:38 AM   #46
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON
O Foquinha, Hatton's style is based around bullying opponents, dominating them on the inside and hurting them with accumulative punches.

The same style of fighters at 147 are HUGE, Margarito is waaay bigger than Hatton, so it Cotto. How is he supposed to make a dent in these guys? Then you have people like Floyd who can cope with him physically and holds advantages in reach and speed.

Scurla, he battered Phillips, how Phillips was still standing I don't know....Phillips caught him with one good punch, Ricky wasn't in serious trouble. Tackie got outboxed and caught Ricky with ONE good punch in the last round.
Then if this 7lbs makes such a huge diffrence please explain to me how his style is so severely dimished just by fighting 7lbs north. Zab, Cotto, Shane DLH were all able to move up and make dents at the higher weights. Zab is about an inch taller than Hatton so whats there excuses?
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2008, 07:42 AM   #47
MON
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 656
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Zab had lightning fast hands, his style isn't based around engaging with bigger guys. Great example by the way...he's been a resounding FAILURE at WW, proving that he can't make the step up.

DLH is an ATG, he's 5ft 10 and a half with a 73" reach and deadly one punch power.

Cotto's a natural WW, who campaigned lower until he fully grew into it.

Mosley is another with lightning fast hands, 5ft 9, 74" reach, doesn't rely on overpowering people on the inside.
MON is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:00 AM   #48
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Asia, via Scotland
Posts: 2,862
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

blah blah blah.
Judah got done before moving up, and then at 147 has fought top comp and holds a win over Stinks. So it ain't all that bad.

DLH has moved up a few weight divisions. I don't think he's an ATG but anyway, he's been competitive well north of where he established himself. Rixky cannot even handle one jump up, if you guys are to believed. Cotto is on another level entirely.
Top boxers can move up in weight and do well. Ricky cannot as he's an overrated 1 trick pony who has been found out and exposed now he's away from home comforts, home cooking (Tszyu fight) and a list of cherrypicked opponents.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:30 AM   #49
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,959
vCash: 1900
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON
Zab had lightning fast hands, his style isn't based around engaging with bigger guys. Great example by the way...he's been a resounding FAILURE at WW, proving that he can't make the step up.

DLH is an ATG, he's 5ft 10 and a half with a 73" reach and deadly one punch power.

Cotto's a natural WW, who campaigned lower until he fully grew into it.

Mosley is another with lightning fast hands, 5ft 9, 74" reach, doesn't rely on overpowering people on the inside.
mosley moved up 2 weight divisions and over-powered de la hoya, beat him around the ring.
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:08 AM   #50
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON
Zab had lightning fast hands, his style isn't based around engaging with bigger guys. Great example by the way...he's been a resounding FAILURE at WW, proving that he can't make the step up.

DLH is an ATG, he's 5ft 10 and a half with a 73" reach and deadly one punch power.

Cotto's a natural WW, who campaigned lower until he fully grew into it.

Mosley is another with lightning fast hands, 5ft 9, 74" reach, doesn't rely on overpowering people on the inside.
Of course he was a resounding failure thats why he won the undisputed title at 147 and all the belts.Add to the fact his recent opponents were Floyd and Cotto and your talking even more rubbish.Seriously your battling a lost cause and a pathetic argument.
Its even more interesting that you call him a failure at the weight when his last fight was at light middle and his STILL fighting at 47 whereas little "Wicky" goes scurrying back to 140 with a myriad of excuses which are all aptly defended by his eqaully as stupid fans.

Now if Cotto is a natural welter who has fought MORE fights at 140 and debuted there whats Mosley DLH and Floyds excuse.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:23 AM   #51
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 515
vCash: 75
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Of course he was a resounding failure thats why he won the undisputed title at 147 and all the belts.Add to the fact his recent opponents were Floyd and Cotto and your talking even more rubbish.Seriously your battling a lost cause and a pathetic argument.
Its even more interesting that you call him a failure at the weight when his last fight was at light middle and his STILL fighting at 47 whereas little "Wicky" goes scurrying back to 140 with a myriad of excuses which are all aptly defended by his eqaully as stupid fans.

Now if Cotto is a natural welter who has fought MORE fights at 140 and debuted there whats Mosley DLH and Floyds excuse.
Well lets spin this around then. Before I start let me say I think there's no question that Cotto is the better fighter just now.

But Hatton seems to be getting a very hard time just now considering his only failure so far is being outclassed and KO'd by Mayweather. Hatton's weight is 140, simple as that. He's too small and doesn't have the reach to go any higher. If 7 pounds doesn't make any difference then why did Mayweather insist the fight be at 147? if 7 pounds doesn't make a difference then why not get rid of the JNR divisions and just have FW,LW,WW,MW etc. The reason is the weight does make a difference to some boxers.

If it bothers people so much that Hatton doesn't move up to 147 why is there no hate for Calzaghe? The guy has spent his entire career fighting at 168 even when there was a lack of quality opponents. I'm not saying anything against Calzaghe because I think he is a great boxer and easily Britains best since (if not including) the Lewis era. But it seems a bit hypocritical.

Hatton isn't as good as some people like to think he is, I won't argue with that. But since he lost it all seems a bit over the top.

Why would Hatton be scared to fight Witter? he's been in the ring with the best fighter since a prime RJJ. To be honest I reckon the fight will happen.

That's my take on it all anyway
TAM83 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:30 AM   #52
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

And what weight did Hatton come in at? Thats right 143.If he wanted he could have come in at 140.**** it he could have lost an arm and come in at 120. 7lbs for a fighter who made his debut at 130 means nothing.The fight was made at 47 but Hatton can come in at any weight he see`s fit.It was him and his team that were ho humming and make a huge deal about the weight. Floyd walks around at 147!! Im sure come fight night he only put on a lb. 1 measly lb. Meanwhile Hatton normally re-hydrates to at least 54 by fight night.

So the talk about 7lbs being a sitckler is purely mythical. The reason why he doesnt perform well at 47 is because the BEST fighters are fighting at 47 and his STYLE doesnt translate to 47 because the BEST fighters are AT 47.If 47 was a wasteland and full of mediocre title holders Hatton would have unified by now and been promptly declared an ATG by his hoards of idiots.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:46 AM   #53
Hitman_Hatton
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 208
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

At 147 Cotto would stop Ricky around the 7 or 8 mark. At 140 where Cotto came within a whisker of being stopped by Torres and was wobbled by Corley i think Hatton grinds Miguel down to a late stoppage. Weight is definately an issue with both guys. Hatton is a beast at 140 an always has been and the same can be said for Cottto at 147. Miguel looks like a completely different fighter at 147 the fact that he can take a punch at the higher weight shows he was killing himself making 10 stone.
Hitman_Hatton is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:49 AM   #54
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman_Hatton
At 147 Cotto would stop Ricky around the 7 or 8 mark. At 140 where Cotto came within a whisker of being stopped by Torres and was wobbled by Corley i think Hatton grinds Miguel down to a late stoppage. Weight is definately an issue with both guys. Hatton is a beast at 140 an always has been and the same can be said for Cottto at 147. Miguel looks like a completely different fighter at 147 the fact that he can take a punch at the higher weight shows he was killing himself making 10 stone.
What do you think Hattons chances are vs Roy Jones at 140
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:52 AM   #55
Hitman_Hatton
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 208
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Hatton by 1st round ko as Jones will probably be brought into the ring on a stretcher. If Jones develops an eating disorder it could happen.
Hitman_Hatton is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:52 AM   #56
mattress
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wet Beaver Creek, Australia
Posts: 3,019
vCash: 1618
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Hatton Haters are out in force today! Must be Scottish?
mattress is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:01 AM   #57
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 515
vCash: 75
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
And what weight did Hatton come in at? Thats right 143.If he wanted he could have come in at 140.**** it he could have lost an arm and come in at 120. 7lbs for a fighter who made his debut at 130 means nothing.The fight was made at 47 but Hatton can come in at any weight he see`s fit.It was him and his team that were ho humming and make a huge deal about the weight. Floyd walks around at 147!! Im sure come fight night he only put on a lb. 1 measly lb. Meanwhile Hatton normally re-hydrates to at least 54 by fight night.

So the talk about 7lbs being a sitckler is purely mythical. The reason why he doesnt perform well at 47 is because the BEST fighters are fighting at 47 and his STYLE doesnt translate to 47 because the BEST fighters are AT 47.If 47 was a wasteland and full of mediocre title holders Hatton would have unified by now and been promptly declared an ATG by his hoards of idiots.
How do you know how much Mayweather puts on after the weigh in? and like I said if the weight issue wasn't a problem why was the fight not just made for 140? If floyd walks around at 147, losing 7 pounds wouldn't be an issue would it?

Anyway my whole point was why there's so much hatred for Hatton just now? Right now he's the only boxer in Britain who can say he's been in the ring with best fighter on the planet. I don't know why everyone is so keen to put him down.
TAM83 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:02 AM   #58
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 515
vCash: 75
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattress
Hatton Haters are out in force today! Must be Scottish?

I'm Scottish and I'm defending him so how about you get the facts right before coming out with stupid remarks?
TAM83 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:04 AM   #59
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM83
How do you know how much Mayweather puts on after the weigh in?
Because it was on my TV screen when i watched the PPV

As for him facing the best so ****ing what? Thats what fighters do they face the best challenger. So why hasnt he faced Witter yet?

I dont reward mediocrity with points for Hatton simply doing what he was supposed to do.He only fought Floyd because it made financial sense.And thats coming from his OWN admission.If it was for any other reason he would have fought Witter by now.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:11 AM   #60
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,596
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Think Hatton Can Take Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
What do you think Hattons chances are vs Roy Jones at 140
Excellent as roy couldn't beat ricky with a missing arm or leg.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013