Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-06-2012, 04:55 AM   #31
pong
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: B-Hop "Rips" ***** & Nathan Cleverly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
Shumenov (won on a robbery)
Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam (all vacant titles)
Baysangurov (all vacant titles)

Not exactly a record then.

I remember thinking Shumenov won one of the campillo fights
I like hassan so he gets a pass
Baysangurov loss to k9 puts him over clev

Has there ever been a fighter that has won the british,commonwealth,euro and world as vacant titles
pong is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2012, 04:55 AM   #32
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamR21 View Post
He does have a good engine but that has little impact at elite level.

He is decent at executing body punches but he is so feather fisted that they don't really slow any fighters up and most of the top guys could easily walk through his punches.

Pascal would probably stop CLeverly, he has decent power and Cleverly has no defence at all and his hands are so low which Bellew showed you can exploit. Anyone with a decent jab can totally confuse Cleverly, Bellew would have won if he kept to boxing that way.

Hopkins v Cleverly wouldn't even be competitive, he would totally outbox Nathan and make him look really silly.
I've highlighted the gross exaggerations

Don't let the common opinion on ESB cloud your judgement!

Clev is an undefeated WBO champion. Former British, Commonwealth, European and WBO interim champion.

Haterz gon' hate
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 04:59 AM   #33
CamR21
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 736

Quote:
I've highlighted the gross exaggerations

Don't let the common opinion on ESB cloud your judgement!

Clev is an undefeated WBO champion. Former British, Commonwealth, European and WBO interim champion.

Haterz gon' hate
I'm not a hater I actually like Cleverly and feel quite sorry for him but you can't deny his competition level has been a joke.

Cleverly doesn't have any power, I can't actually remember when he last put someone on the deck or even hurt them tbh
CamR21 is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 05:00 AM   #34
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamR21 View Post
Shumenov was a bit fortunate but still got the decision which is better than anything Cleverly has on his record.

N'dam would have fought Pirog if he hadn't vacated, and is now fighting another world class fighter in Quillan

Baysangurov is now fighting Konecny who is levels above what Nathan has fought.

Cleverly has done nothing to deserve the title he has
Not necessarily, going by 'records' Campillo only drew with Murat who 'feather-fisted Clev' dominated and stopped.

N'dam didn't fight Pirog though and Quillin is 'world class' now? Why because he is American? Certainly can't be because of his record. If Quillin is world class then Clev certainly is.

So fighters get credit for scheduling a fight now ? Baysangurov has fought no one except K9 - KO loss.

Clev won the interim belt against Murat (a decent contender), defended it against other WBO contenders, and then was due to fight Braehmer (it was scheduled lets give him loads of credit!) before Braehmer pulled out scared. He has done all he can to deserve the WBO belt.
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 05:02 AM   #35
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pong View Post

I like hassan so he gets a pass
Baysangurov loss to k9 puts him over clev

Has there ever been a fighter that has won the british,commonwealth,euro and world as vacant titles

Not sure, probably though.
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 05:12 AM   #36
pong
Belt holder
ESB Addict

'I actually feel sorry for Nathan Cleverly' says Eddie Hearn
WBO light-heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly defends against Ukrainian Vyacheslav Uzelkov on October 27th. After winning every round against overmatched, underwhelming Tommy Karpency way back in February, fans were promised a 'big announcement' concerning Cleverly's next opponent.

Quite obviously, Uzelkov does not fulfil this promise.

Cleverly's promoter Frank ****** explained the trials and tribulations behind trying to secure a really big name to fight Cleverly. “It’s proved frustrating as we had Hopkins lined up and then he pulled out and Shumenov didn’t want to come over here to fight Cleverly, plus Froch and Bellew didn’t want to know.”

Someone must have alerted B-Hop to the claim as he then tweeted the promoter "stop using my name to promote ur BUM titleholder". Bellew counter-claimed that if he had been offered a Cleverly rematch he wouldn't be fighting Edison Miranda on Saturday.

A source close to Froch said he wouldn't be responding to the claim as he didn't want to give the promoter any publicity.

However, Shaun Brown of Boxing Scene elicited a response today from Froch's promoter, Eddie Hearn. “We have stated time and time again that we are not interested in a fight with Nathan," said Hearn.

“We then receive an e-mail with an offer and by this time Carl is IBF super middleweight champion. They (Frank ****** Promotions) knew, we knew that we were never going to accept it.

"It’s easy to throw offers around and it’s easy to hype a fight that really has no relevance to anyone.

“I find the whole thing quite sad and I actually feel sorry for Nathan Cleverly.”

****** then tweeted Hearn: "It was a very good offer-bet much more than Froch is getting to fight Mack &Froch's title wouldn't have been on the line either!"

Hearn responded: "wrong again and the offer was around half what I would pay Carl for the Clev fight. Anyway..good luck with the show." After some more back and forth, Hearn concluded his contribution with the challenge "why don't you just call me? #haveyourphonelinesbeenfrozen".

****** responded with: "I've already sent you a written offer! Is there a problem with the fans and boxers knowing what is going on? ...so if you or Carl want the fight that the fans want to see, let's do it! Hope that didn't freeze the smile on your face!"

Very interesting. ****** is right - the fans do need to know what is going on.

Just why won't elite-level, all-time British great Froch - currently at the top of his game - step out of his natural weight class to fight a youngster, unproven at genuine world level, who was quite literally given his WBO title after an opponent failed to turn up?
pong is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 05:19 AM   #37
efc85
non entity
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2770

Bernard would stand nathan on his head
efc85 is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #38
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by efc85 View Post
Bernard would stand nathan on his head
If by that you mean "Bernard will knock him out" you are clearly a fanboy. Hopkins hasn't knocked out anyone for years, let alone drop anyone. Not to mention Clev's decent chin.

Hopkins won't get another KO in his career.
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 05:43 AM   #39
efc85
non entity
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2770

Quote:
If by that you mean "Bernard will knock him out" you are clearly a fanboy. Hopkins hasn't knocked out anyone for years, let alone drop anyone. Not to mention Clev's decent chin.

Hopkins won't get another KO in his career.
No i dont mean ko, i mean he will thoroughly outbox and baffle him
efc85 is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 05:43 AM   #40
qwert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 880

Quote:
****** then tweeted Hearn: "It was a very good offer-bet much more than Froch is getting to fight Mack &Froch's title wouldn't have been on the line either!"

Hearn responded: "wrong again and the offer was around half what I would pay Carl for the Clev fight. Anyway..good luck with the show." After some more back and forth, Hearn concluded his contribution with the challenge "why don't you just call me? #haveyourphonelinesbeenfrozen".

****** responded with: "I've already sent you a written offer! Is there a problem with the fans and boxers knowing what is going on? ...so if you or Carl want the fight that the fans want to see, let's do it! Hope that didn't freeze the smile on your face!"
Cringey stuff. ***** knew Froch wouldn't take the fight. That's why he made the offer.
qwert is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 05:44 AM   #41
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.
vCash: 1000

Quote:

Apparently the first fight was rather close and that Campillo was fortunate when you consider it was Kazakhstan. I haven't seen the fight though.
The second was an absolute schooling by Campillo. Competitive for the first six rounds or so, then it began to resemble Calzaghe-Lacy.
In fact, if Lacy got the verdict over JC then you go some way to realising how bad a robbery it really was.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 05:57 AM   #42
CamR21
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 736

Quote:
Not necessarily, going by 'records' Campillo only drew with Murat who 'feather-fisted Clev' dominated and stopped.

N'dam didn't fight Pirog though and Quillin is 'world class' now? Why because he is American? Certainly can't be because of his record. If Quillin is world class then Clev certainly is.

So fighters get credit for scheduling a fight now ? Baysangurov has fought no one except K9 - KO loss.

Clev won the interim belt against Murat (a decent contender), defended it against other WBO contenders, and then was due to fight Braehmer (it was scheduled lets give him loads of credit!) before Braehmer pulled out scared. He has done all he can to deserve the WBO belt.
Campillo got jobbed against Murat twice, Murat is terrible really don't rate the guy at all, plus Cleverly didn't stop him corner retired him.

I admit I do rate Quillin higher than most maybe he isn't world class yet but I think he has all the tools to make a solid world level fighter. I am not saying Clev isn't world class he is I am just saying he wouldn't beat the fighters you claimed he would beat.

If the Braehmer fight had have come of he would rightly get the deserved plaudits but it didn't and maybe ****** always knew it wouldn't we don't know. He hasn't really deserved the belt tbf he hasn't fought anyone in the top 15 whilst having the belt. If Cleverly fought decent names then I wouldn't be critical but he is fighting nobodies constantly and there are no signs that won't continue, and I feel that will harm him in the future as he has shown no signs of developing since these fights have started being made
CamR21 is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 06:20 AM   #43
domjon
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

can't really see why Hearn isn't keen on the Cleverly fight, looks an absolute no brainer compared to the Mack dross. Plenty of money to be generated, no title on the line for Froch so no problem with the Bute rematch, a piss-weak opponent who Froch could probably handily beat weighing 170ish, another title to be won, a ready made excuse with the weight if by some chance he did lose, what's the problem?

I know eddie reads this forum, c'mon Eddie why the lack of interest?
domjon is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #44
pong
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by domjon View Post
can't really see why Hearn isn't keen on the Cleverly fight, looks an absolute no brainer compared to the Mack dross. Plenty of money to be generated, no title on the line for Froch so no problem with the Bute rematch, a piss-weak opponent who Froch could probably handily beat weighing 170ish, another title to be won, a ready made excuse with the weight if by some chance he did lose, what's the problem?

I know eddie reads this forum, c'mon Eddie why the lack of interest?
I am going to go out on a limb here and say franks offer was a complete joke not to mention the the problem with each fighting on different tv channels
pong is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #45
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Cleverly v Froch will never happen because of the TV situation, Frank will want it to be on Boxnation, Eddie will want it on Sky. Frank is just trying to get publicity and to shy away from the fact his general matchmaking is ****ing shocking.

Edit... Pong beat me to it.
Bill C84 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum