aussie opinion is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2012, 01:07 AM   #17
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300
Default Re: Golovkin,Geale both after Chavez jr/Martinez winner

ggg fights exactly like kosta zoo and everyone knows it...his a ****in nightmare..!
beats me why team ggg just dont go for the french frog whos got the wbo belt.
looks like geale is fighting the winner of peds chavez or ***y sergio...
sergio will win,si i suppose its geale vrs sergio
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #18
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Arms View Post
geale to fight either

after watching the replay last night ggg would be easy pickings for geale ggg gets hit a lot with very poor defence he also swings and misses to often proksa fought a dumb defenseless fight and through immaturity deserved to hit the canvas

im convinced geale outboxes ggg any day of the week
He looked the goods to me he beat Daniel in the ams as well as Lee,Dirrell and Bute. Hope you're right though.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 01:32 AM   #19
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 225

Whipsy JCC Jnr doesn't impress me the slightest..........been fed cannon fod opposition & I'm suss he's on the peds......but I give him props for taking on Martinez & maybe he'l make me eat my words........but it will be a big surprise to me if he gives Sergio a shake.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 01:34 AM   #20
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe View Post
Whipsy JCC Jnr doesn't impress me the slightest..........been fed cannon fod opposition & I'm suss he's on the peds......but I give him props for taking on Martinez & maybe he'l make me eat my words........but it will be a big surprise to me if he gives Sergio a shake.
I used to think the same mate, but he has improved in leaps and bounds in his last few.... Just hope we get to see a great fight.
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 01:37 AM   #21
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Arms View Post
geale to fight either

after watching the replay last night ggg would be easy pickings for geale ggg gets hit a lot with very poor defence he also swings and misses to often proksa fought a dumb defenseless fight and through immaturity deserved to hit the canvas

im convinced geale outboxes ggg any day of the week
Yep, I'm with you. I saw both fights on the weekend, and Geale impressed me more against a more capable fighter.

BTW, why does everyone keep bringing up GGG beating every man and his dog in the AM's? That would have been at least 10 years ago guys, things change you know.
It also depends on how they were fought and won, does anyone have any footage, or is it all just a record and a he said she said scenario?
Sox is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 01:41 AM   #22
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Yep, I'm with you. I saw both fights on the weekend, and Geale impressed me more against a more capable fighter.

BTW, why does everyone keep bringing up GGG beating every man and his dog in the AM's? That would have been at least 10 years ago guys, things change you know.
It also depends on how they were fought and won, does anyone have any footage, or is it all just a record and a he said she said scenario?
i was using it as a point to demonstrate that ggg has obvious good boxing pedigree and talent, as gorilla arms was alluding that he is little more than a crude slugger.GGG destroyed the guy who destroyed sylvester and who is a very unorthodox fighter himself in proksa.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 01:44 AM   #23
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 225

Whipsy I agree mate I hope its a good fight........I'll be watching Jnr like he's under a microscope ha ha.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 01:46 AM   #24
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

I have about 7 of GGG's am fights, the only real name in those fights is BUte, He knocked Bute out in the last round with a pearler of a shot
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 01:56 AM   #25
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
i was using it as a point to demonstrate that ggg has obvious good boxing pedigree and talent,
I don't think his pedigree is in doubt by too many, but I think using his 10yo AM career to demonstrate it doesn't achieve a lot.
I'm more interested in what he can do today, against todays fighters.
Quote:
as gorilla arms was alluding that he is little more than a crude slugger.
Fair enough, I wouldn't say that, but perhaps he meant in comparison to Geale who is very technical.
Quote:
GGG destroyed the guy who destroyed sylvester and who is a very unorthodox fighter himself in proksa.
Sure, but you know how the triangle works...
Sox is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 01:59 AM   #26
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
I have about 7 of GGG's am fights, the only real name in those fights is BUte, He knocked Bute out in the last round with a pearler of a shot
Fair enough, but I never rated Bute that highly, and Froch saw to him in spectacular fashion.
Not to mention it was 10 years ago, referring to what I said to dawsosj just before this.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 02:03 AM   #27
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I don't think his pedigree is in doubt by too many, but I think using his 10yo AM career to demonstrate it doesn't achieve a lot.
I'm more interested in what he can do today, against todays fighters.
Fair enough, I wouldn't say that, but perhaps he meant in comparison to Geale who is very technical.
Sure, but you know how the triangle works...
on the contrary i think it does demonstrate a lot but i suppose thats a matter of opinion. Geale is very technical you are right, but geale is also not a defensive mastermind and isn't incredibly hard to hit, and as you alluded to, styles make fights, if geale and GGG do fight, and geale devises a plan to counter golovkins power and stalking predator approach then i would put it down as his best win by far. But personally i think GGG is the future king of the middleweight division , i may just be getting caught up in the hype but he is quickly becoming one of my favourite fighters.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #28
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Fair enough, but I never rated Bute that highly, and Froch saw to him in spectacular fashion.
Not to mention it was 10 years ago, referring to what I said to dawsosj just before this.

It's not at all easy to knock someone out with one shot when head gear is involved ....
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 02:15 AM   #29
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
Geale is very technical you are right, but geale is also not a defensive mastermind and isn't incredibly hard to hit
He's getting a tighter defence with every fight though.
I reckon he got hit with SS's jab more than he did with Sturms (although Sturm gave him a harder fight in other areas, workrate being one).
Quote:
, and as you alluded to, styles make fights, if geale and GGG do fight, and geale devises a plan to counter golovkins power and stalking predator approach
Which is exactly what he will do, this is one of Geales strengths, to work out how to win. He's always in control and calm. His nic isn't Gealzaghe for nothing.
Quote:
then i would put it down as his best win by far. But personally i think GGG is the future king of the middleweight division , i may just be getting caught up in the hype but he is quickly becoming one of my favourite fighters.
Fair enough, there's plenty hype to go around.

I think as much as GGG is a little overrated by some, Geale is perhaps underrated by the same people.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 02:16 AM   #30
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
It's not at all easy to knock someone out with one shot when head gear is involved ....
It is with an uppercut.
Sox is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum