boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 12-08-2012, 01:03 AM   #1
Tzuriel

vCash: 500
Default Used Heavy Bags

I'm looking for a cheap 100 pound heavy bag and I was curious what are some warning signs while looking at them? I find there are a lot of good deals on craigslist but I want to avoid a possible lemon.

Thanks.
Tzuriel is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #2
gumbo2176
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Used Heavy Bags

As long as there's no obvious tears or the reinforced areas where the bag hangs from are in good shape, you should be good. Honestly, most folks get them with the intention of using them to get in shape and soon tire of it and then they lie around unused for a long time, then they sell them. If the bag comes with bag gloves, look at the amount of wear and tear on them for an indication of hard use.

It would be better if they were hung indoors, or at worst, under some type shelter and not out in the open where rain and other weather elements can get to them.
gumbo2176 is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
wordisbond
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Used Heavy Bags

Along with the tears, make sure it doesn't smell. Would be a good indicator if the bag was left in an area of high moisture (damp basement, garage). Also, punch the bottom half of the bag to see if there are areas of hardness. This happens with heavybags that are half filled with cloth, half filled with small sandbags to make the bag heavier. The sand from the bags usually pull to the bottom of the heavybag because of gravity and make the bottom half crazy hard. I would avoid heavybags that use sand, but that's just my personal opinion.
wordisbond is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing