Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 09-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
deadhead
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 550
Default need tips for Gaining weight

I was at the gym today, my coach just put a fight together for another guy at the gym, he told me that there are no 18 year olds in my weight division and that for me to get my fight i need to put on about 7-10 pounds. which sucks is i thought i was 125, turns out my scale not sitting flat on the ground and was wrong and after going to the doctors i found out i was 118.. He told me all the guys that are available to fight are 125-130. He told me that i could get a fight by december but I need to put about 7 to 10 pounds or getting a fight is going to be almost impossible.. Is it not safe to put on that weight and get used to it in this amount of time, should I wait until January or february to fight?

What should I do to put on this weight, right now I don't do that much weight lifting in my routine, the weightlifting part consists of dead lifting (lighter weight but higher reps) Shoulder Press (lighter weight because my shoulders easily fatigue) shrugs and weighted lunges. Everything else is body weight.

Should I pick up more weight lifting? I am ready to change my diet completely to gain this weight.

Thanks guys
deadhead is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #2
Jappa
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: need tips for Gaining weight

Weights, but do compound movements... do heavy squats and deadlifts.

edit: I do 5 reps by 3 sets but heavy weights.
Jappa is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
deadhead
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Okay, does the goal of 7-10 pounds seem realistic in the amount of time? given i train 3-4 times a week get plenty of rest and follow a strict diet.
deadhead is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #4
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Eat more.

Keep cardio sessions short and intense.

Without opening the can of weightlifting worms, keep the reps low and the weight high.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 09-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #5
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead View Post
Okay, does the goal of 7-10 pounds seem realistic in the amount of time? given i train 3-4 times a week get plenty of rest and follow a strict diet.
You could gain that much weight by December, it won't all be muscle though if that's what you're asking.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
Sam Sexton

Take steroids.
Sam Sexton is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #7
jack365
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
You could gain that much weight by December, it won't all be muscle though if that's what you're asking.
Natural weightlifters when bulking would see 1.5-2lbs of muscle growth a month as excellent progress. So I wouldnt assume you'd bulk any quicker(unless you've got great genetics or roids). As has been said, you could add extra fat on top of this.

Eat plenty more protein, carbs and calories. A shortcut to adding extra calories to your diet is eating stuff like peanut butter which is packed with calories. Eat, eat and eat.
jack365 is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #8
deadhead
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I changed my diet pretty drastically, before i was eating all over the place and alot of unhealthy stuff, now i'm counting calories and getting the right amounts of protein, carbs and fats. I was told at the gym that since i never really lifted weights and being 18 that i could get some good beginner gains if i followed a strict program along with my diet. I think i'm going to wait until january to fight so i don't have to rush this process and I have time to adjust.
deadhead is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing