Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the heart of the Saints...
Posts: 2,310
vCash: 850
Default Where to for Daniel Ammann?

Last night Daniel Ammann destoyed Pieter Cronje. In what looked to be and should be Cronjes last fight Ammann put on an imposing boxing display hitting Cronje at will with tremendous combinations throughout the duration of the fight up until the fight was stopped. Ammanns straight left was lethal and mostly deadly accurate. In the final round it appeared that Cronje was a beat and dejected man continually looking toward and chatting with his corner between recieiving solid left right conbinations. There was a sense that Cronje was either imploring to his corner that he was doing his best or he was indicating that he could do no more and to throw in the towel....conceding defeat. Regardless the matter of his defeat by this late stage was fact it was now whether or not he could with stand the relentles beating. TKO ninth.

Brilliant solid demonstration by Ammann. His ability to step right and land straight flush lefts is a credit to his ability and a massive advantage drawn from his southpaw style.

Where to from here. He has the ability and is willing.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Where to for Daniel Ammann?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post
Last night Daniel Ammann destoyed Pieter Cronje. In what looked to be and should be Cronjes last fight Ammann put on an imposing boxing display hitting Cronje at will with tremendous combinations throughout the duration of the fight up until the fight was stopped. Ammanns straight left was lethal and mostly deadly accurate. In the final round it appeared that Cronje was a beat and dejected man continually looking toward and chatting with his corner between recieiving solid left right conbinations. There was a sense that Cronje was either imploring to his corner that he was doing his best or he was indicating that he could do no more and to throw in the towel....conceding defeat. Regardless the matter of his defeat by this late stage was fact it was now whether or not he could with stand the relentles beating. TKO ninth.

Brilliant solid demonstration by Ammann. His ability to step right and land straight flush lefts is a credit to his ability and a massive advantage drawn from his southpaw style.

Where to from here. He has the ability and is willing.
Someone around here has repeatedly been claiming Peter Cronje would beat Brad Pitt

Daniel Ammann has strung some very impressive wins together since his last loss, to that same man, Brad Pitt.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the heart of the Saints...
Posts: 2,310
vCash: 850
Default Re: Where to for Daniel Ammann?

Ammann is diligent and capable. Any body got any info on his and his teams aspirations. Are they considering something bigger or content to bobb around the aussie scene?
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
bruiserh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Where to for Daniel Ammann?

He has come back really well from his KO loss to Pitt. Do we see a Pitt rematch? Otherwise there's not much else on offer domestically at the cruiser level. I think Aus Box was saying they were going to interview winners after the fights last night, so we might get some answers out of that.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #5
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Where to for Daniel Ammann?

A Shane Cameron rematch would have been an option if Cameron hadn't gone up to heavyweight.

I think a Pitt rematch is the obvious one.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #6
Sydney2000
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Default Re: Where to for Daniel Ammann?

I hope some of the fouls on here that were saying cronje would beat Pitt now realise that he would be no chance.Pitt is the best cw in Australia by far and he would beat Amman again easy.
Sydney2000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:28 PM   #7
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,762
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Where to for Daniel Ammann?

good win, but cronje is more than capable.

needs a new team around him possibly? seemed he and his corner were not on the same track.

when he is right, i expect he would have no trouble beating ammann.
buster007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #8
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,071
vCash: 500
Default Re: Where to for Daniel Ammann?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney2000 View Post
I hope some of the fouls on here that were saying cronje would beat Pitt now realise that he would be no chance.Pitt is the best cw in Australia by far and he would beat Amman again easy.
X2 Cronje has never impressed me
Crusher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #9
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 2746
Default Re: Where to for Daniel Ammann?

Was it ammann that threw those 2 terribly blatant elbows in a bout a few years back? **** that was funny
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:32 AM   #10
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Where to for Daniel Ammann?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
Was it ammann that threw those 2 terribly blatant elbows in a bout a few years back? **** that was funny
Daniel Ammann was the victim of the two blatant elbows and got the win by DQ. Jamie Withers was the offender.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:38 AM   #11
bruiserh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Where to for Daniel Ammann?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
A Shane Cameron rematch would have been an option if Cameron hadn't gone up to heavyweight.

I think a Pitt rematch is the obvious one.
I've always wondered how psychologically affected a fighter is when rematching a guy who dealt out a savage KO first time round. Surely Ammann would be cautious, which I think plays into the hands of Pitt who likes to keep fighters at range
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:03 AM   #12
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Where to for Daniel Ammann?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiserh View Post
I've always wondered how psychologically affected a fighter is when rematching a guy who dealt out a savage KO first time round. Surely Ammann would be cautious, which I think plays into the hands of Pitt who likes to keep fighters at range
There has to be a psych advantage.

But Daniel Ammann has been a different fighter since his loss to Pitt. Maybe it was the just the kind of wake-up Ammann needed.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:37 AM   #13
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 2746
Default Re: Where to for Daniel Ammann?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Daniel Ammann was the victim of the two blatant elbows and got the win by DQ. Jamie Withers was the offender.
Thanks spider

I dont think iv ever seen a more blatant foul, it was right up there with Ortiz and his headbutt on PBF
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:40 AM   #14
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Where to for Daniel Ammann?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
Thanks spider

I dont think iv ever seen a more blatant foul, it was right up there with Ortiz and his headbutt on PBF
Saw it on ONE HD, and it was a shocker. Could not believe what I was watching.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:54 AM   #15
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,116
vCash: 346
Default Re: Where to for Daniel Ammann?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney2000 View Post
I hope some of the fouls on here that were saying cronje would beat Pitt now realise that he would be no chance.Pitt is the best cw in Australia by far and he would beat Amman again easy.
I dont think Cronje would defeat Pitt anymore, some guys slip while others keep on rising, Cronje has slipped a tone for whatever reasons. As for the rest of your comment.. im a bit puzzled, how did a bloated up Middleweight do this to the self proclaimed best CW in Australia...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAk_U9jVahw[/ame]
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013