Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 09-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850
Default Where to for Daniel Ammann?

Last night Daniel Ammann destoyed Pieter Cronje. In what looked to be and should be Cronjes last fight Ammann put on an imposing boxing display hitting Cronje at will with tremendous combinations throughout the duration of the fight up until the fight was stopped. Ammanns straight left was lethal and mostly deadly accurate. In the final round it appeared that Cronje was a beat and dejected man continually looking toward and chatting with his corner between recieiving solid left right conbinations. There was a sense that Cronje was either imploring to his corner that he was doing his best or he was indicating that he could do no more and to throw in the towel....conceding defeat. Regardless the matter of his defeat by this late stage was fact it was now whether or not he could with stand the relentles beating. TKO ninth.

Brilliant solid demonstration by Ammann. His ability to step right and land straight flush lefts is a credit to his ability and a massive advantage drawn from his southpaw style.

Where to from here. He has the ability and is willing.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
The Spider

vCash:
Default Re: Where to for Daniel Ammann?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post
Last night Daniel Ammann destoyed Pieter Cronje. In what looked to be and should be Cronjes last fight Ammann put on an imposing boxing display hitting Cronje at will with tremendous combinations throughout the duration of the fight up until the fight was stopped. Ammanns straight left was lethal and mostly deadly accurate. In the final round it appeared that Cronje was a beat and dejected man continually looking toward and chatting with his corner between recieiving solid left right conbinations. There was a sense that Cronje was either imploring to his corner that he was doing his best or he was indicating that he could do no more and to throw in the towel....conceding defeat. Regardless the matter of his defeat by this late stage was fact it was now whether or not he could with stand the relentles beating. TKO ninth.

Brilliant solid demonstration by Ammann. His ability to step right and land straight flush lefts is a credit to his ability and a massive advantage drawn from his southpaw style.

Where to from here. He has the ability and is willing.
Someone around here has repeatedly been claiming Peter Cronje would beat Brad Pitt

Daniel Ammann has strung some very impressive wins together since his last loss, to that same man, Brad Pitt.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Ammann is diligent and capable. Any body got any info on his and his teams aspirations. Are they considering something bigger or content to bobb around the aussie scene?
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
bruiserh

vCash:

He has come back really well from his KO loss to Pitt. Do we see a Pitt rematch? Otherwise there's not much else on offer domestically at the cruiser level. I think Aus Box was saying they were going to interview winners after the fights last night, so we might get some answers out of that.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #5
The Spider

vCash:

A Shane Cameron rematch would have been an option if Cameron hadn't gone up to heavyweight.

I think a Pitt rematch is the obvious one.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #6
Sydney2000
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

I hope some of the fouls on here that were saying cronje would beat Pitt now realise that he would be no chance.Pitt is the best cw in Australia by far and he would beat Amman again easy.
Sydney2000 is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2012, 11:28 PM   #7
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

good win, but cronje is more than capable.

needs a new team around him possibly? seemed he and his corner were not on the same track.

when he is right, i expect he would have no trouble beating ammann.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #8
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney2000 View Post
I hope some of the fouls on here that were saying cronje would beat Pitt now realise that he would be no chance.Pitt is the best cw in Australia by far and he would beat Amman again easy.
X2 Cronje has never impressed me
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2012, 11:49 PM   #9
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Was it ammann that threw those 2 terribly blatant elbows in a bout a few years back? **** that was funny
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2012, 12:32 AM   #10
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
Was it ammann that threw those 2 terribly blatant elbows in a bout a few years back? **** that was funny
Daniel Ammann was the victim of the two blatant elbows and got the win by DQ. Jamie Withers was the offender.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:38 AM   #11
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
A Shane Cameron rematch would have been an option if Cameron hadn't gone up to heavyweight.

I think a Pitt rematch is the obvious one.
I've always wondered how psychologically affected a fighter is when rematching a guy who dealt out a savage KO first time round. Surely Ammann would be cautious, which I think plays into the hands of Pitt who likes to keep fighters at range
Old 09-08-2012, 04:03 AM   #12
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiserh View Post
I've always wondered how psychologically affected a fighter is when rematching a guy who dealt out a savage KO first time round. Surely Ammann would be cautious, which I think plays into the hands of Pitt who likes to keep fighters at range
There has to be a psych advantage.

But Daniel Ammann has been a different fighter since his loss to Pitt. Maybe it was the just the kind of wake-up Ammann needed.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:37 AM   #13
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Daniel Ammann was the victim of the two blatant elbows and got the win by DQ. Jamie Withers was the offender.
Thanks spider

I dont think iv ever seen a more blatant foul, it was right up there with Ortiz and his headbutt on PBF
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2012, 05:40 AM   #14
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
Thanks spider

I dont think iv ever seen a more blatant foul, it was right up there with Ortiz and his headbutt on PBF
Saw it on ONE HD, and it was a shocker. Could not believe what I was watching.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:54 AM   #15
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney2000 View Post
I dont think Cronje would defeat Pitt anymore, some guys slip while others keep on rising, Cronje has slipped a tone for whatever reasons. As for the rest of your comment.. im a bit puzzled, how did a bloated up Middleweight do this to the self proclaimed best CW in Australia...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAk_U9jVahw[/ame]
TCboxa is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum