Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
Pantera2000
9 lives
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Edison Miranda is DONE! Play taps

All I can say is WOW. I am so disappointed. Pantera is a shell of what he once was. It was embarrassing watching him tonight. He looked as if he had no desire to win, just going through the motions to collect a pay check. I never thought i would see he day he quit. This is not the Edison Miranda I want to remember. How can this be the same guy that went to war with Kelly Pavlik and refused to give up? How is this the same guy how broke Abraham's jaw and did everything he could to bring home the belt?

It is a real same. A win and he had a date with Carl Froch. A decent paycheck. Now he might as well hang them up and head back to Puerto Rico or Barrenquilla or where ever he wants to call home.

You will never see Edison Miranda on TV again. He is not worthy of a decent fight. He is an old man at 31 years of age in boxing terms. What a shame...
Pantera2000 is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Default Re: Edison Miranda is DONE! Play taps

He still, according to ESB experts, knocked Dawson sparks out in sparring. So you still have at least one thing to brag about on your way to a rather severe hangover tomorrow morning.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #3
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
He still, according to ESB experts, knocked Dawson sparks out in sparring. So you still have at least one thing to brag about on your way to a rather severe hangover tomorrow morning.
Lol exactly
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
King87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
So you still have at least one thing to brag about on your way to a rather severe hangover tomorrow morning.
King87 is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #5
Pantera2000
9 lives
ESB Addict

Dropping Dawson in camp means nothing. It is 100% true. Heard from the horse's mouth. Miranda is done. As you can see from my posts, I had very little confidence he would beat Bellew. He is not anything close to what he was.

Expect Ward to drop and KO Dawson tonight.
Pantera2000 is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
Ripple633
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantera2000 View Post
Dropping Dawson in camp means nothing. It is 100% true. Heard from the horse's mouth. Miranda is done. As you can see from my posts, I had very little confidence he would beat Bellew. He is not anything close to what he was.

That's where you're wrong.

EDIT: But yeah it is disappointing that Miranda lost, Bellew isn't exactly a world beater.
Ripple633 is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #7
Kampioni
Good Boy
ESB Addict

vCash: 684

Yeah Miranda looked like he didnt want to be in thier unfortunately. He's a good gate keeper though.
Kampioni is offline  Top
Old 09-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #8
pong
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripple633 View Post
That's where you're wrong.

EDIT: But yeah it is disappointing that Miranda lost, Bellew isn't exactly a world beater.
pong is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2012, 12:04 AM   #9
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
All I can say is WOW. I am so disappointed. Pantera is a shell of what he once was. It was embarrassing watching him tonight. He looked as if he had no desire to win, just going through the motions to collect a pay check. I never thought i would see he day he quit. This is not the Edison Miranda I want to remember. How can this be the same guy that went to war with Kelly Pavlik and refused to give up? How is this the same guy how broke Abraham's jaw and did everything he could to bring home the belt?

It is a real same. A win and he had a date with Carl Froch. A decent paycheck. Now he might as well hang them up and head back to Puerto Rico or Barrenquilla or where ever he wants to call home.

You will never see Edison Miranda on TV again. He is not worthy of a decent fight. He is an old man at 31 years of age in boxing terms. What a shame...
Sorry man. Haven't seen the fight but how can he go through the training and then leave it in the dressing room?
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2012, 12:13 AM   #10
The Funny Man 7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1326

Don't be too hard on your boy Pantera, he's been to hell and back in the ring and he had a ghastly life before he went pro. Its really not that surprising that he reached the end this way. Every man has his breaking point, and all the concussions, all the (losing) wars, all the struggles to make weight had to add up at some point.

I never liked this guy but he was always exciting and I respect what he did in the ring considering his total lack of skills.
The Funny Man 7 is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2012, 12:25 AM   #11
J.R.
No Mames Guey
East Side Guru

vCash: 107

Vulnerable chin and **** defense and poor overall skillset. THIS was the way it was always supposed to end for Miranda. Mind as well end his career now while he still has a couple marbles left rattling around in his head.
J.R. is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2012, 12:27 AM   #12
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Nice call.

Sorry about Miranda. You've been a dedicated fan. I gave up on him a while back, honestly.
Lampley is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #13
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Quote:

When was Miranda ever good? He had a Glass Jaw and was KOed in every big fight he was in.
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2012, 12:52 AM   #14
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
When was Miranda ever good? He had a Glass Jaw and was KOed in every big fight he was in.
Took you off ignore knowing what you were going to post just for this.

Now, back to ignore for you and all your other aliases.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2012, 05:46 AM   #15
Loggo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

I agree,Miranda had no snap or energy.If that was the real Miranda,Bellew would`ve ate the canvas.
Loggo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum