Kermit Cintron by Decision 8 11.59%
Kermit Cintron by T/KO 10 14.49%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2008, 06:40 PM   #16
Quik
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: ~ Antonio MARGARITO v. Kermit CINTRON ~ ANALYSIS and PREDICTION Thread ~

Cintron will try to outbox Margarito moving and jabbing, trying to get Margarito at the end of his big punches. It will work at the beginning but he won't be able to hurt Margarito and will begin to gas out, while Margarito will build his confidence.

Margarito will be able to get inside as will as he is ready to pay the price for it and he will work to the body of an exhausted Cintron. He will throw a lot as the fight progress and I see the referee stopping the fight on a barrage of unanswered punches thrown by Margarito around the 8th round.
Quik is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2008, 06:44 PM   #17
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 419
Default Re: ~ Antonio MARGARITO v. Kermit CINTRON ~ ANALYSIS and PREDICTION Thread ~

The Cintron camp have obviosuly seen something different in their man to call out Margo again. I honestly think he can pull it off, Margo is better at fighting on the inside while to hget the best out of Cintrons punches he need an arms length. if he boxes well early and try to land his bombs late he could take it.

Cintron tight decision win!
jc is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2008, 07:27 PM   #18
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc
The Cintron camp have obviosuly seen something different in their man to call out Margo again. I honestly think he can pull it off, Margo is better at fighting on the inside while to hget the best out of Cintrons punches he need an arms length. if he boxes well early and try to land his bombs late he could take it.

Cintron tight decision win!
Have you seen Cintron vs Feliciano?

IF you watch that fight? There's nothing that inidcates Cintron will avoid getting:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Cintron backed out of this weekends fight against Williams. Which was BULLSHIT! Not because of injury Because they would have rescheduled it but Cintron flat out didnt want it.

Maybe they've convinced Cintron he'll catch Marg in the end like he did Feliciano........

I'm not a Margarito supporter either Its been proven once aleady while Cintron looks even worse
C Money is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2008, 07:30 PM   #19
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
Have you seen Cintron vs Feliciano?

IF you watch that fight? There's nothing that inidcates Cintron will avoid getting:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Cintron backed out of this weekends fight against Williams. Which was BULLSHIT! Not because of injury Because they would have rescheduled it but Cintron flat out didnt want it.

Maybe they've convinced Cintron he'll catch Marg in the end like he did Feliciano........

I'm not a Margarito supporter either Its been proven once aleady while Cintron looks even worse
Love your use of Smilies, C Money!

Don't like your new avatar, though...
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2008, 07:59 PM   #20
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
Love your use of Smilies, C Money!

Don't like your new avatar, though...

Just having fun with life

C Money is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2008, 10:48 PM   #21
la-califa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Will be about as competitive as Foreman-Frazier II. or Liston-Patterson II. Another brutale Kayo.
la-califa is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2008, 11:07 PM   #22
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

ANALYSIS OF CINTRON vs MARGARITO II

What do you think each will bring to the table?
Margarito: The confidence of knowing he won the first fight, strength, good power, great stamina, very solid chin, superior workrate and fighting spirit. Negatives are wide punches and defensive liabilities.

Cintron: Crushing power, better technical skills, improved confidence under Steward, and the straighter punches. Negatives include succeptability to pressure, questionable mentality, and getting stopped by Margarito before. His stamina was very questionable in the first fight.

What do you expect their strategy to be?
Margarito: Pressure, pressure, pressure! He wants to start out fast and go right at Cintron. I expect him to throw a lot of punches, work Cintron's body, and stay right on top of him, not giving him much room to work with and hoping to wear him down.

Cintron: Kermit will look to keep Margarito at a distance, but to do this, he needs to work his jab much more than he has recently. He will try to catch Margarito when he trys to get in close. I think he will be looking to outbox him and not get into too many exchanges.

How could each win?
Margarito: Doing what he did in the first fight, coming forward, working the body, keeping up a higher punch output, and taking full advantage of Cintron's inability to handle pressure. Margarito will win if he makes this a rough fight on the inside.

Cintron: Outboxing Margarito and catching him with more punches as well as the harder punches. His left jab is key in this fight and if he has any chance of winning, he must throw it with conviction and move laterally to keep Margarito off balance and not allow him to get set to throw. Cintron has to have better conditioning than he did in the first fight.

How do you think this fight will play out?
I expect this to end up like the first, just lasting longer. Cintron might start out real strong and may stun Margarito with big right hands and left hooks coming in, but as the fight progresses, Margarito's pressure and consistency will take it's toll on Cintron, who once again, cannot deal with the workrate and pressure.

What is your prediction?
Antonio Margarito TKO8 Kermit Cintron
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 01:16 AM   #23
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Margarito mid rounds KO.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 01:42 AM   #24
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

I wonder how quickly Margarito will start out this time. He really gave Golden Johnson no time to start or room to breath. He's acknowledged he shouldn't wait too long to get his in fight going. Could be an early night's work for Margarito if he starts strong again. He'll have a huge mental edge over Cintron already and he knows he can take his punches.

If it goes on longer, factoring the Feliciano fight with Cintron and how Cintron was in danger late. He was tired and discourages his punches weren't slowing down Feliciano like he wanted, seeing as he landed quite a bit of hard and clean punches. It's doubtful this goes to a decision as well.

Cintron's bet bet is a KO win. Earlier the better for him.

But my money's on Margarito.

After this, it looks like Cotto, but if something happens with him, Williams would be the likely bout next for Margarito.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 02:24 AM   #25
huki
huk huk ^_^;;
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Brooklyn's analysis was spot on and pretty much the story of the matchup, but I think there's one other important thing to understand about this fight. Cintron has wanted this fight ever since he lost to Margarito in their first fight. He will be extremely focused and motivated to win like never before. The first match had really messed up his confidence as a fighter and it is very important to him to avenge this, because if he gets KO'ed again I think he will be ruined. He is the better boxer and will definitely look better and be more prepared than he was a few years ago. But saying all that, Cintron's has a huge weakness against any B level pressure fighters, so it will be very interesting to see how quickly he will break down and how badly he will break down. I'm actually more excited about this match than Cintron-Williams. It should be exciting and it's a closer fight than a lot of people think. If I had to pick I would choose Margarito by a late round stoppage, but I'm definitely not laying down a penny on it. Margarito is just too shitty of a fighter and if Cintron's mental state is a lot better than it was in their first encounter he has a great chance of winning. Hopefully Judah can take on Margarito for the title if he beats Cintron again.. that was a great proposed matchup and Judah would beat him.
huki is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 03:43 AM   #26
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
ANALYSIS OF CINTRON vs MARGARITO II

What do you think each will bring to the table?
Margarito: The confidence of knowing he won the first fight, strength, good power, great stamina, very solid chin, superior workrate and fighting spirit. Negatives are wide punches and defensive liabilities.

Cintron: Crushing power, better technical skills, improved confidence under Steward, and the straighter punches. Negatives include succeptability to pressure, questionable mentality, and getting stopped by Margarito before. His stamina was very questionable in the first fight.

What do you expect their strategy to be?
Margarito: Pressure, pressure, pressure! He wants to start out fast and go right at Cintron. I expect him to throw a lot of punches, work Cintron's body, and stay right on top of him, not giving him much room to work with and hoping to wear him down.

Cintron: Kermit will look to keep Margarito at a distance, but to do this, he needs to work his jab much more than he has recently. He will try to catch Margarito when he trys to get in close. I think he will be looking to outbox him and not get into too many exchanges.

How could each win?
Margarito: Doing what he did in the first fight, coming forward, working the body, keeping up a higher punch output, and taking full advantage of Cintron's inability to handle pressure. Margarito will win if he makes this a rough fight on the inside.

Cintron: Outboxing Margarito and catching him with more punches as well as the harder punches. His left jab is key in this fight and if he has any chance of winning, he must throw it with conviction and move laterally to keep Margarito off balance and not allow him to get set to throw. Cintron has to have better conditioning than he did in the first fight.

How do you think this fight will play out?
I expect this to end up like the first, just lasting longer. Cintron might start out real strong and may stun Margarito with big right hands and left hooks coming in, but as the fight progresses, Margarito's pressure and consistency will take it's toll on Cintron, who once again, cannot deal with the workrate and pressure.

What is your prediction?
Antonio Margarito TKO8 Kermit Cintron
Thank you!
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 03:44 AM   #27
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by huki
Brooklyn's analysis was spot on and pretty much the story of the matchup, but I think there's one other important thing to understand about this fight. Cintron has wanted this fight ever since he lost to Margarito in their first fight. He will be extremely focused and motivated to win like never before. The first match had really messed up his confidence as a fighter and it is very important to him to avenge this, because if he gets KO'ed again I think he will be ruined. He is the better boxer and will definitely look better and be more prepared than he was a few years ago. But saying all that, Cintron's has a huge weakness against any B level pressure fighters, so it will be very interesting to see how quickly he will break down and how badly he will break down. I'm actually more excited about this match than Cintron-Williams. It should be exciting and it's a closer fight than a lot of people think. If I had to pick I would choose Margarito by a late round stoppage, but I'm definitely not laying down a penny on it. Margarito is just too shitty of a fighter and if Cintron's mental state is a lot better than it was in their first encounter he has a great chance of winning. Hopefully Judah can take on Margarito for the title if he beats Cintron again.. that was a great proposed matchup and Judah would beat him.
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 10:18 AM   #28
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by huki
Cintron cant fight inside FOR SHIT Feliciano?
Thats what about a HALF of Margarito?
Margarito got inside once, he'll do it again.

Its gonna take the same kind of lucky flurry it took Cintron to beat Feliciano, against AM. Yet margarito is bigger, stronger, more active, and has TKO'd this guy before. Margarito will take his punch long enough and is strong enough that I cant see Cintron winning.

I'm truly amazed , that they have somehow gotten Cintron's confidence up enough to take this. How on EARTH has his confidence risen? By getting seriously lucky, seriously late, against an over matched opponent and barely escaping with a victory? After all? It led to the immediate nixing of Williams as a possibility. Paul Williams would beat the snot outta Cintron for certain.

Barring some unforseen/unheard of issue with Margarito? I gotta believe this is a REPLAY

Last edited by happyallmine; 01-26-2007 at 06:07 AM.
C Money is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 10:53 AM   #29
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toetotoe
For the life of me, I don't understand why Cintron and his team want this fight right now, or ever for that matter.

It wasn't like the first fight was outstanding or even competitive.
I just don't see how Cintron has shown anything that leads me to believe the outcome will be any different this time around.

Cintron's team should be looking out for his best interest by trying to secure money bouts with someone like Mosley or even a guy like Gomez (before he was offered up to Cotto) . If your going to cash a guy out, why not make as much as possible.

And after Cintron gets blasted out again by Margarito, how much earning power will he have left ? At least if he lost to a guy like Mosley, especially if it was a decent fight, he could retain a lot more future earnings potential.

This fight will go down as being a collosal management mistake.
My guess? is what other option do they really have? Cintron has a belt so you cant just hide him behind stiffs til he's ready. Hell a wasnt so stiff almost beat him. Financially? Seems like they gave a him a super pep talk and are taking the risk.

Cintron will likely blame them, talk shit, and whine afterwards about it. But there's a pattern apparent in all of this and it happens to involve Kermit.
C Money is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 04:18 PM   #30
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Decebal is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum