Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #46
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Matthysse vs. Khan

I had Khan knocking Maidana out early.... and that he nearly did.

Matthysse is WAY better than Maidana.

A miles better operator technically, and probably a harder puncher too.... with a better chin too.

There's no way that Khan can win this fight. There'd be more chance of Duran beating Tommy Hearns.

Just wouldn't happen.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #47
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Agreed BB, Matthysse has a boxing brain, better footwork and a wider variety of punches. Last night he was even throwing Martinez like shots, he's very thoughtful and super strong and just fights like a beast.

Matthysse>>>>>>Maidana. Khan would do well to stay away from him. He doesn't want to end up on another highlight reel..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #48
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

How long before the Flomos say that Broner would beat him?

Matthysse is just a bad guy

Marquez and Mayweather would waste him, but he'd have a shot against anyone else.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #49
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post

Marquez and Mayweather would waste him, but he'd have a shot against anyone else.
You see the vid with Broner and Guerrero?. Size of Broner is ridiculous but in his words it really doesn't matter. Lucas would stomp a mudhole out of him..

It's basically this with Matthysse. You've got to be very good to beat him, special fighter. You have to have the ability to adapt, will to win, be strong and more skilled.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #50
D-G-TheTruth
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNS View Post
ODLH tweeted during the Matthysse fight something like "Wowww Lucas is a bad man", it would be very interesting to hear his views on this potential match up.

Khan said he wanted to "clean up at 140 then move up to 147" but can anybody honestly see Khan stepping inside the ring with Matthysse when in the past he has avoided rematches with Prescott and Maidana?
I honestly believe Matthysse could end his career.

Matthysse will be the reason Khan moves to 147.

I expect Khan to step up to 147 after telling us Garcia is scared to rematch him and the rest of the 140lb'ers are below his level...
then try and tempt Shane Mosley out of retirement or want a fight in Bolton with Junior Witter telling us "Witter is a dangerous fighter, he is a former WBC Champion" and then after Mosley or Witter go after Paulie Malignaggi...
And in between these fights slag off Kell Brook in nearly every interview and ramble on with comments like "I'm not giving him a payday", call Mayweather a coward because Floyd is not jumping at the chance to fight a legend like himself while all the time telling anybody who is stupid enough to listen he is a "superstar of the sport" and a "legend".
D-G-TheTruth is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #51
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post

Mate, they're already saying it
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #52
D-G-TheTruth
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNS View Post
ODLH tweeted during the Matthysse fight something like "Wowww Lucas is a bad man", it would be very interesting to hear his views on this potential match up.

Khan said he wanted to "clean up at 140 then move up to 147" but can anybody honestly see Khan stepping inside the ring with Matthysse when in the past he has avoided rematches with Prescott and Maidana?
I honestly believe Matthysse could end his career.

Matthysse will be the reason Khan moves to 147.

I expect Khan to step up to 147 after telling us Garcia is scared to rematch him and the rest of the 140lb'ers are below his level...
then try and tempt Shane Mosley out of retirement or want a fight in Bolton with Junior Witter telling us "Witter is a dangerous fighter, he is a former WBC Champion" and then after Mosley or Witter go after Paulie Malignaggi...
And in between these fights slag off Kell Brook in nearly every interview and ramble on with comments like "I'm not giving him a payday", call Mayweather a coward because Floyd is not jumping at the chance to fight a legend like himself while all the time telling anybody who is stupid enough to listen he is a "superstar of the sport" and a "legend".
D-G-TheTruth is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #53
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_chin View Post
Khan ud. Ur all deluded. He has knocked out a bunch of cans and lost anyrime he stepped up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getta View Post
Dont think Khan handlers would pick this guy for his comeback nor would wise, saying that lets see what weight Khan fights at.

I remember before the Maidana fight people said the same things about Khan would never fight him and if he did he get KO heard all this stuff before.

Funny how a loss puts you right down, let Khan get his things sorted out have a easier fight he will be back doing what he does best and thats fighting anyone.
Matthysse is far better then Maidana.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #54
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

I'd love to see Mattysse savage Broner.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #55
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
You see the vid with Broner and Guerrero?. Size of Broner is ridiculous but in his words it really doesn't matter. Lucas would stomp a mudhole out of him..

It's basically this with Matthysse. You've got to be very good to beat him, special fighter. You have to have the ability to adapt, will to win, be strong and more skilled.
I don't actually think he's all that.... he's got that Froch-like will to win, and the similar deceptively good skills.

Beatable, but awesome to all those who appear to lack the ability to take him.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #56
WhamBam
Keeping Cool
ESB Senior Member

i think khans team are going for the safety first approach with khan they'll avoid guys like matthyse and try and milk as much cash out of him as they can.
WhamBam is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #57
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
I'd love to see Mattysse savage Broner.
Look up the definition of male bimbo, and you'll see a picture of Broner. It's no secret that I can't stand the guy. Him and his fans are as thick as two planks, with zero substance or personality. Pouting his lips like a bimbo and coming out with corny lines such as "brush my hair one time" cannot hide this. If you fawn over Broner's wit then you need help. Guys a walking cornball, and in short represents what's wrong with today's generation of kids. He makes Mayweather sound witty and charismatic.

SWAG btw stands for "secretly we are gay".
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 09-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #58
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

BTW just to say in my other post i don't mean Matthysse is special, just takes a fighter with special attributes/ability to beat him IMO.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:17 AM   #59
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

This would be the boxing equivilant of rape.

It's not what round, it's what second of the first minute of the first round, and with which punch?
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2012, 01:25 AM   #60
Larryboys
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 128

Matthysse is actually a puncher and Khan has trouble with guys who aren't. Plus he's got high end skills to go with it. I don't think Khans chances are too good in this one, I certainly wouldn't reccomend it for his comeback fight.
Larryboys is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum