Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-10-2012, 02:10 AM   #61
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Matthysse vs. Khan

Khan and Broner would get savaged by Matthysse.

It'd take Bradley or Marquez to beat the Argie at 140 IMO.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2012, 04:32 AM   #62
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Khan is not going to fight Matthyse lets be frank about it.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2012, 04:50 AM   #63
chatty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1419

I'd like to see Bradley v Matthysee, I think it would be a very interesting fight. Bradley's not the quickest guy and doesn't throw lots of shots and that would benefit Matthysee a lot. also Bradley doesn't have the power to hold Matthysee back so he would be constantly coming forward at him.

Bradley doesn't waste shots though and if he could take Matthysee's shots (he hasn't shown any major chin problems other than early v Holt) then he could box to a points victory. I think this one has a lot of potential for a great fight.
chatty is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2012, 04:59 AM   #64
E17_Ali
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Matthysse is Khans kryptonite

Keep that shit away from him
E17_Ali is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2012, 05:01 AM   #65
mishima
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

it would be a career suicide for Khan but I guess some ppl would love to see that!

I wan't to see Garcia- Matthysse but wouldn't mind seeing a Maidane fight too
mishima is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2012, 05:17 AM   #66
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Khan, for the time being, needs to find his feet first and, as Brother Nazim said, get comfortable in his own skin. It may take him two or so fights to do that. I think then he should take on Prescott – in a fight which I’m beginning to doubt his chances, to be honest. But if he gets by that and puts his confidence back to where it was, I’d advise him to take on a Matthysse if he’s around. Dangerous, yes. Get his head taken off, most likely. But if he wins will he continued to be ridiculed like he has been for the last year? Hell nah!

Wishful thinking, but whatever.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2012, 05:30 AM   #67
chatty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Khan should go on a rematch run.

Prescott - limited and beatable, Khan has improved a lot since then as has Prescott to be fair but I don't see him getting caught early and KO'd straight away again (although always a possibility). If he gets through 3-4 rounds then Prescott will fade as always and he should pick up a win.

Then go against Peterson, a guy he had a very close fight with, if he has learnt anything then he can beat him although he'll have to fight to a better gameplan and listen to his coach.

Get through them and he should be able to get Garcia again, if he has't been beat, in probably his toughest rematch. I'll not comment too much on this as it would be down the line and I'd like to see if Khan can make any changes to his boxing first.
chatty is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2012, 05:40 AM   #68
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatty View Post
Khan should go on a rematch run.

Prescott - limited and beatable, Khan has improved a lot since then as has Prescott to be fair but I don't see him getting caught early and KO'd straight away again (although always a possibility). If he gets through 3-4 rounds then Prescott will fade as always and he should pick up a win.

Then go against Peterson, a guy he had a very close fight with, if he has learnt anything then he can beat him although he'll have to fight to a better gameplan and listen to his coach.

Get through them and he should be able to get Garcia again, if he has't been beat, in probably his toughest rematch. I'll not comment too much on this as it would be down the line and I'd like to see if Khan can make any changes to his boxing first.
Peterson's probably the hardest fight for him out of all of them. To ensure he remains on track, I'd have him go through Prescott, Garcia and then Peterson.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:29 AM   #69
chatty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Peterson's probably the hardest fight for him out of all of them. To ensure he remains on track, I'd have him go through Prescott, Garcia and then Peterson.
You think so, I had Khan winning their first fight although it was very close, I think a few technical adjustments and its a winnable fight for him. I don't think any will be east though but he can beat them all if he keeps his head and sticks to a gameplan, the problem is whether he can do that or not?
chatty is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #70
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
You think so, I had Khan winning their first fight although it was very close, I think a few technical adjustments and its a winnable fight for him. I don't think any will be east though but he can beat them all if he keeps his head and sticks to a gameplan, the problem is whether he can do that or not?
The reason I think that is because Peterson gave us 12 full rounds of proof that he has Khan's number. Whereas Garcia snuck in one monstrous shot (prior to being outboxed) that changed everything before much was even revealed.

And yeah, I also had Khan just winning against Peterson, but in the rematch I was convinced Peterson -- having learned more about Khan -- would apply the heat much earlier. I really believed Khan wouldn't have worked out the technical adjustments you mention. Surviving and keeping the pressure off from an aggressive Peterson, is a much more difficult prospect than boxing safely at range against a counterpunching Garcia and a gassing Prescott.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #71
Redondo5
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4380

It would be like sending a lamb to slaughter... Khan's only chance would be to buy the ref and the judges and even then he would have to be wearing his running shoes all night long.

Khans defence isnt that good that he an avoid getting caught and his power isnt good enough to earn matthyse respect.

It would be a brutal KO if Khan is allowed to get up and stumble around on shaky legs, if the referee has mercy on him,he will end it quick
Redondo5 is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2012, 07:13 AM   #72
chatty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
The reason I think that is because Peterson gave us 12 full rounds of proof that he has Khan's number. Whereas Garcia snuck in one monstrous shot (prior to being outboxed) that changed everything before much was even revealed.

And yeah, I also had Khan just winning against Peterson, but in the rematch I was convinced Peterson -- having learned more about Khan -- would apply the heat much earlier. I really believed Khan wouldn't have worked out the technical adjustments you mention. Surviving and keeping the pressure off from an aggressive Peterson, is a much more difficult prospect than boxing safely at range against a counterpunching Garcia and a gassing Prescott.
All fair points, Peterson will give him a tough fight for 12 rounds most likely but with Garcia he only needs to get of one big punch and Khan pretty much gets tagged at least once in every fight he has.

Both will be tough for him to turn around though. I just feel another close points loss to Peterson wouldn't be as detrimental on his career as another stoppage loss to Garcia would be. Either way he has a lot of work to do but I do think he needs to make at least two of the rematches to get his credibility back.
chatty is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2012, 07:24 AM   #73
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
All fair points, Peterson will give him a tough fight for 12 rounds most likely but with Garcia he only needs to get of one big punch and Khan pretty much gets tagged at least once in every fight he has.

Both will be tough for him to turn around though. I just feel another close points loss to Peterson wouldn't be as detrimental on his career as another stoppage loss to Garcia would be. Either way he has a lot of work to do but I do think he needs to make at least two of the rematches to get his credibility back.
Yeah, that's a good point. Either way, it's a dangerous road back for him. Something I don't feel he can do whichever order it happens. I also get the feeling that Khan's only really interested in Garcia, and not the rest. Peterson will be dismissed as being a cheat, and Prescott is, well, he's Prescott. He ain't done shit, really.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #74
shenmue
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1500

I would be absolutely shocked if Khan's next fight is against Lucas, Pederson , Garcia or even Prescott, Khan will face a soft touch in his next fight you would think.
shenmue is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #75
Xplosive
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Matthyse might end Khan's life.
Xplosive is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum