Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-26-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
TFFP

vCash:
Default Ajose Olusegun

This kid is pretty impressive. Strong, awkward southpaw with fast hands. Who wants him?!

Clearly his standout win was at welter against Bradley Pryce, but how far do we think he can go if he gets the fights, considering light welter is a thin division right now?

Due to boxing politics he seems to get fights at short notice, if he is given a real break there must be huge potential there
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2008, 12:40 PM   #2
Smith
Monzon-like
ESB Addict

vCash: 484
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun

He's fighting Wright next, he needs to step up soon, he's been simmering in the background for too long now.
Smith is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

He is going to knockout Nigel Wright. Wright is in over his head. Nobody really wants to fight hence Wright should be given some credit for taking the fight assuming of course he shows up for the contest. As we know the likes of Colin Lynes and Ted Bami don't show up after signing contracts to fight Ajose Olusegun.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2008, 02:49 PM   #4
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
He is going to knockout Nigel Wright. Wright is in over his head. Nobody really wants to fight hence Wright should be given some credit for taking the fight assuming of course he shows up for the contest. As we know the likes of Colin Lynes and Ted Bami don't show up after signing contracts to fight Ajose Olusegun.
Great fight vs Wright who should give him a test and show us how good he can be (especially for doubters like me). He definetly has a lot in his locker but I just have not seen enough for him to be seen as a guy who could take a world title. He is currently ranked about 7 by the WBC so hopefully providing he comes through Wright and keeps on getting good oppostion we may see him prove me wrong.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:32 PM   #5
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
What a statement that would be if Ajose knocked Wright out! I rate Wright highly, especially after I seen him beat McIntyre at the Brahead arena.
So when I seen Ajose is going to fight wright in Hartlepool, it just made me realise all the more that Ajose will fight anyone, anywhere to prove himself. Olusegun should get big credit for taking this fight, as Wright is NO mug.
However, im expecting Ajose to put on a show, & me & my mates will be cheering on Ajose, as I have convinced them all to accept him as one of our own!
Im sure my good friend Topdog will be cheering him on too, so if you dont mind Olu, tell him that the ESB scottish lads are wishing him well, Go Olusegun!
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 02:10 AM   #6
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
What a statement that would be if Ajose knocked Wright out! I rate Wright highly, especially after I seen him beat McIntyre at the Brahead arena.
So when I seen Ajose is going to fight wright in Hartlepool, it just made me realise all the more that Ajose will fight anyone, anywhere to prove himself. Olusegun should get big credit for taking this fight, as Wright is NO mug.
However, im expecting Ajose to put on a show, & me & my mates will be cheering on Ajose, as I have convinced them all to accept him as one of our own!
Im sure my good friend Topdog will be cheering him on too, so if you dont mind Olu, tell him that the ESB scottish lads are wishing him well, Go Olusegun!

Dunky and Top Dog I will be passing on your support to Ajose Olusegun. Once again we are going into the other fighters hometown to show what we are all about. Wright is a good fighter but he is about to find out the difference between World class, International class and domestic level.

Long Live the Flower of Scotland.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:01 AM   #7
stake501
Contender
ESB Senior Member

ajose is quality....he just aint fought anyone of real note yet......hope this year is abig one for him
stake501 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 08:27 AM   #8
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

wright is a decent tester for him.

been disappointed with his progress recently though.

he was too arrogant in that fight against gary reid.

140 is a pants division and with a bit of luck he could get somewhere.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 11:31 AM   #9
oscar
Journeyman

give me dates you say lynes turned down fight or signed contracts??? he WAS offered a fight at THREE days notice around june/july 2006 and couldent make weight so no fight but PLEASE make me aware of anything i am MISSING
Quote:
oscar is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 03:10 PM   #10
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar
give me dates you say lynes turned down fight or signed contracts??? he WAS offered a fight at THREE days notice around june/july 2006 and couldent make weight so no fight but PLEASE make me aware of anything i am MISSING
No Ajose is the one who gets given short notice for fights similar to the Bradley Pryce fight and you saw what happened because like PBF Ajose keeps himself in shape in and out of ring. It is a way of life.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:31 PM   #11
oscar
Journeyman

you are not forthcoming with any proof regarding your claims WHY NOT? bradley pryce moved on a bit now meybe you should
Quote:
No Ajose is the one who gets given short notice for fights similar to the Bradley Pryce fight and you saw what happened because like PBF Ajose keeps himself in shape in and out of ring. It is a way of life.
oscar is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 03:54 PM   #12
oscar
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
I can see the reason to avoid a fighter with solid skills, decent power who absolutely thrashed Pryce last time.
ONCE AGAIN LYNES HAS NEVER AVOIDED AJOSE HE HAS NEVER SIGNED CONTRACTS TO FIGHT HIM HE WAS OFFERED A FIGHT AT THREE DAYS NOTICE BUT COULD NOT MAKE WEIGHT WHY DONT THEY MAKE AN OFFER AFTER WRIGHT IF HE RETANS
oscar is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 06:02 PM   #13
Top Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

When I first saw Ajose I wasnt too sure about him, but when I saw a bit more of him I had to admit the kid is good, real good. If Ajose and Lynes ever meet I would take Ajose to beat him handily, something about this kid, he hits hard, punches fast, has good skills, and obviously lives the right way, can see him going far if he gets the chance. Was a great win over Bradley Pryce, and remember he wasnt fighting at his own weight either, so even more impressive. I personally think he will slaughter Wright.

Olu, all the best, and remember, I'll be watching
Top Dog is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 07:09 PM   #14
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Come on Wright.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 10:29 PM   #15
ferd cloupes
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Dunky and Top Dog I will be passing on your support to Ajose Olusegun.
tell him that Cloupes hopes he gets sparked

Last edited by ferd cloupes; 01-27-2008 at 11:12 PM.
ferd cloupes is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum