Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferd cloupes
tell him that Cloupes hopes he gets sparked
Ain't gonna happen.

Last edited by smallsteps; 01-15-2007 at 10:11 PM.
RichDam is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2008, 06:14 AM   #17
MattMattMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

There was a big two page artcile on him a boxing magazine (I can't remember which, as I have thrown all my old stuff out!), it was about 6 months ago - it sounded like he had loads of talent and also that he had had a difficult time finding opponents, even after the Pryce fight, which must be very frustrating.
MattMattMatt is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2008, 06:14 AM   #18
dwilson

vCash:

Anyone see Ajose fight Reid? Those type of performances are the reason he has not gone anywhere recently. He needs to shape up. If he keeps himself in such good shape he should be doing a smart number on the Reids of the game, that is unless he was scared of Reids power and played it safe. Ajose has good skill and ok power but an average ko record.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:42 PM   #19
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar
ONCE AGAIN LYNES HAS NEVER AVOIDED AJOSE HE HAS NEVER SIGNED CONTRACTS TO FIGHT HIM HE WAS OFFERED A FIGHT AT THREE DAYS NOTICE BUT COULD NOT MAKE WEIGHT WHY DONT THEY MAKE AN OFFER AFTER WRIGHT IF HE RETANS
Oscar Lynes has been offered a fight with Ajose several times the last time was for the vacant commonwealth title a year and a half ago. It was supposed to be live on Sky yet Lynes pulled out. I know Lynes is not interested because he is petrified. Watch Colin closely and he fights scared. If you don't believe call Frank Maloney and ask how many times he has tried to make the match. Colin does not want it as Ajose will end his career like he did Holgate's. The difference is between World Class and domestic level. Mind you Gavin Rees has become a world champion.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2008, 04:48 PM   #20
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
Anyone see Ajose fight Reid? Those type of performances are the reason he has not gone anywhere recently. He needs to shape up. If he keeps himself in such good shape he should be doing a smart number on the Reids of the game, that is unless he was scared of Reids power and played it safe. Ajose has good skill and ok power but an average ko record.
Maybe we should arrange for you to come to the gym for a sparring session so that you can taste Ajose punching power 1st hand.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2008, 04:56 PM   #21
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Mr Olu, just out of interest, what is your connection with the talented Ajose Olusegun?
elle is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2008, 06:52 PM   #22
oscar
Journeyman

THREE DAYS NOTICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
Oscar Lynes has been offered a fight with Ajose several times the last time was for the vacant commonwealth title a year and a half ago. It was supposed to be live on Sky yet Lynes pulled out. I know Lynes is not interested because he is petrified. Watch Colin closely and he fights scared. If you don't believe call Frank Maloney and ask how many times he has tried to make the match. Colin does not want it as Ajose will end his career like he did Holgate's. The difference is between World Class and domestic level. Mind you Gavin Rees has become a world champion.
oscar is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2008, 09:26 AM   #23
victorhugo4222
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Dunky and Top Dog I will be passing on your support to Ajose Olusegun. Once again we are going into the other fighters hometown to show what we are all about. Wright is a good fighter but he is about to find out the difference between World class, International class and domestic level.

Long Live the Flower of Scotland.
Im also another Scot who will be cheering Ajose on. i think he can go really far and has world class potential if he can just gert the right fights he needs to improve.

Last edited by tragicliston; 01-17-2007 at 04:26 PM.
victorhugo4222 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2008, 12:28 PM   #24
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Maybe we should arrange for you to come to the gym for a sparring session so that you can taste Ajose punching power 1st hand.

So being able to do a number on a guy with limited boxing experience makes Ajose world class and a badass puncher? your a joke.

Look at the facts he has an average ko record and needs more fights like the Wright fight. Hopefully that will be his springboard towards a shot at the european title or maybe a punt at Ree's.

I really wish him luck but your acting like an over protective mum or a jealous lover.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #25
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I agree, offering a boxing fan to come to the gym to taste a proffessional fighters power is a little off, no need for it.

Personally I cant see Ajose getting to world class, he has a limited following and in the business today thats what gets you fights. Look at Duddy, mooted for a title shot at Pavlik, why? because he's marketable. Ajose isnt marketable and doesnt have a home following. Jackson Asiku is another alleged "world class" fighter who cant get fights, why? because he cant sell tickets and nobody aside form boxing trolls like ourselves have heard of him.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #26
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lads
I agree, offering a boxing fan to come to the gym to taste a proffessional fighters power is a little off, no need for it.

Personally I cant see Ajose getting to world class, he has a limited following and in the business today thats what gets you fights. Look at Duddy, mooted for a title shot at Pavlik, why? because he's marketable. Ajose isnt marketable and doesnt have a home following. Jackson Asiku is another alleged "world class" fighter who cant get fights, why? because he cant sell tickets and nobody aside form boxing trolls like ourselves have heard of him.
Spot on.... the vicious circle strikes again.... Boxing needs to become a spectacle again and the only way to do it is for people to become familiar with the active fighters operating at the moment instead of these stupid SN bills which have virtually killed the sport over the last 5 years.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #27
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
Spot on.... the vicious circle strikes again.... Boxing needs to become a spectacle again and the only way to do it is for people to become familiar with the active fighters operating at the moment instead of these stupid SN bills which have virtually killed the sport over the last 5 years.
Unfortunetly good fighters like Ajose do find it hard to get opponents, ko'ing Pryce and Nuumbembe should have been a breakthrough for him but it looks like it sent it the other way. Nows he's got the Wright fight we may see him finally getting somewhere. He does need a great performance though and not a walkthrough of the Ried fight.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:15 PM   #28
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

have only seen limited amounts of ajose,so can't really give a considered opinion and olu always fights his corner,which is fair enough.what i will say is that he never seems to fight punchers,if you look at the combined knockouts of all of his last 5 or 6 opponents it really doesn't amount to much.i think judgement needs to be reserved on the kid until he steps up to the next level.
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2008, 02:25 PM   #29
TomPodmore
Journeyman

Gary Reid is a banger, most definitely. Ajose took Gary’s blows, to both head and body, without as much as a flinch – save for the ninth. Let me tell you this, Gary can seriously crack. I’ve been ringside at many of his fights and on the ring apron when he has sparred, and each punch he throws is laced with power.

Although it’s too early to say whether or not he will reach the highs of world class level, Olusegun has certainly impressed with his wins thus far. And whilst Wright won’t tell us if he is capable of that, a dominating performance will show, on paper at least, he is one of the top fighters in Britain.
TomPodmore is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2008, 05:38 AM   #30
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

SKY mwill be reluctant to show Ajoses fights unless he's in with british opposition, who in the UK will want him if he dominates Wright?
The Lads is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum