Old 01-30-2008, 07:05 AM   #31
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPodmore
Gary Reid is a banger, most definitely. Ajose took Garyís blows, to both head and body, without as much as a flinch Ė save for the ninth. Let me tell you this, Gary can seriously crack. Iíve been ringside at many of his fights and on the ring apron when he has sparred, and each punch he throws is laced with power.

Although itís too early to say whether or not he will reach the highs of world class level, Olusegun has certainly impressed with his wins thus far. And whilst Wright wonít tell us if he is capable of that, a dominating performance will show, on paper at least, he is one of the top fighters in Britain.
well 8 knockouts in 32 fights suggests to me that he is not that great a banger.
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2008, 07:27 AM   #32
dwilson

vCash:

Is it worth mentioning that Pryce had lost four of his last seven going into the Olegusen fight?

Gary Reid can be dangerous and classed as a banger but he is just a journyman. Ajose and Fewkes walked round him to a points win, both kept it safe and stayed away from his shots but did not chase the ko.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:50 AM   #33
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
So being able to do a number on a guy with limited boxing experience makes Ajose world class and a badass puncher? your a joke.

Look at the facts he has an average ko record and needs more fights like the Wright fight. Hopefully that will be his springboard towards a shot at the european title or maybe a punt at Ree's.

I really wish him luck but your acting like an over protective mum or a jealous lover.
You really are an asshole aren't you. Facts Ajose has 11 KO's from 21 fights. A lot of his fights have had to be at higher weight divisions. Ajose holds superior titles than the European title. He is the African Boxing Union champion and Commonwealth champion. Why do you think the European belt will mean anything to an African. I know Enzo Calzaghe is not a madman so he would not volunteer Rees to Ajose as a sacrifice. Why I am not surprised as you rate Lynes of all the people.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 07:53 AM   #34
TomPodmore
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron u.k.
well 8 knockouts in 32 fights suggests to me that he is not that great a banger.
Eight stoppages in 13 suggest he is.
TomPodmore is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 02:53 PM   #35
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
You really are an asshole aren't you. Facts Ajose has 11 KO's from 21 fights. A lot of his fights have had to be at higher weight divisions. Ajose holds superior titles than the European title. He is the African Boxing Union champion and Commonwealth champion. Why do you think the European belt will mean anything to an African. I know Enzo Calzaghe is not a madman so he would not volunteer Rees to Ajose as a sacrifice. Why I am not surprised as you rate Lynes of all the people.
The fact is 11 ko's from 21 fights is not a great rating. Do you think that the African Boxing Union champion title means anything outside Africa? The commenwealth belt is a fantastic belt but the usual old fashioned way to do things was British belt then step up to Commenwealth belt and then step up to Euro belt.

Lynes has fought against heavier opponents and won and no matter what you say he is a very good fighter.

Ajose is a very good fighter and I would love him to become world champion but at the moment he needs more top quality opponents to get him ready for that.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:12 PM   #36
Top Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Mate, no ones says Lynes is a dud, far from it, the guy is good but Ajose would beat him, simple as that.
Top Dog is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 03:17 PM   #37
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dog
Mate, no ones says Lynes is a dud, far from it, the guy is good but Ajose would beat him, simple as that.
Actually Mrs Olegusen says Lynes is a dud. Ajose would befavorite but I would only have it 60/40 in Ajose favour. He has had two good fights. Three if you add Holgate to the mix. He has an average ko record, not to say he has not got very good power at his own weight but he needs to now start ko'ing people on a regular basis and keep on fighting guys of Wrights ability.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:55 PM   #38
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPodmore
Eight stoppages in 13 suggest he is.
but he's had 32 fights,of his 13 wins fair enough he's stopped 8.he's lost 18 fights.
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 07:55 PM   #39
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhugo4222
Im also another Scot who will be cheering Ajose on. i think he can go really far and has world class potential if he can just gert the right fights he needs to improve.
Get in there Vic
Olu is a fine poster, & its good to see so many of our lads here getting behind his fighter!
& as I said before, with Olusegun you are guaranteed a fighter who wants the big fights, & taking a talented fighter like Wright on his own backyard shows how desperate Olusegun is to make a statement. Cracking fight, but Wright doesnt know what hes let hiself in for! Credit to wright though for taking the fight when everyone else is avoiding Ajose like the plague.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 07:59 PM   #40
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Ojose needs to get his skates on, he's in his late twenties and still nowhere near a "big" fight.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 08:45 PM   #41
themacallan
Chin Chin
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
... Ajose holds superior titles than the European title. He is the African Boxing Union champion and Commonwealth champion. ...
Really? Come on, I know you like to stick up for your pal but this is a ridicolous statement.
themacallan is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2008, 06:49 AM   #42
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

well wrights from just a few miles down the road to me so naturally i want the local boy to win.it seems though that he has his hands full with ajose,it would be a great win if he pulls it off.

Last edited by Haggis McJackass; 01-22-2007 at 09:16 PM.
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2008, 07:31 AM   #43
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
but he's had 32 fights,of his 13 wins fair enough he's stopped 8.he's lost 18 fights.
Ron the quality of his stoppages speak volumes and he is a dangerous puncher. Don't fall into the numbers trap some fabulous punchers have low KO percentages. Freddie Pendleton, Alexis Arguello, Tim Witherspoon and Terry Norris are past punchers that immediately spring to mind. Even Junior Witter only stopped a couple early on and Jon Thaxton, who has scored some frightening stoppages hasn't a massively incredible stoppage ratio.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2008, 07:41 AM   #44
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
Ron the quality of his stoppages speak volumes and he is a dangerous puncher. Don't fall into the numbers trap some fabulous punchers have low KO percentages. Freddie Pendleton, Alexis Arguello, Tim Witherspoon and Terry Norris are past punchers that immediately spring to mind. Even Junior Witter only stopped a couple early on and Jon Thaxton, who has scored some frightening stoppages hasn't a massively incredible stoppage ratio.
fair comment mate,i understand that.with thaxton particularily i well remember him coming in late to face paul "scrap iron" ryan and completely sparking him in the 1st round.point taken
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #45
themacallan
Chin Chin
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
fair comment mate,i understand that.with thaxton particularily i well remember him coming in late to face paul "scrap iron" ryan and completely sparking him in the 1st round.point taken
Ryan had recently beaten Ross Hale for the British and commowealth LWW title (thank you boxrec) and fought thaxton as a keep busy fight. Even though it was 12 years ago i remember it like it was yesterday.
themacallan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum