Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-01-2008, 08:09 AM   #46
themacallan
Chin Chin
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun

Just looking at Scrap iron's record there.

25-3 23 of his wins by ko or tko and all 3 losses by KO and he never went past the eighth round.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ], I salute you.
themacallan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2008, 08:46 AM   #47
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron u.k.
fair comment mate,i understand that.with thaxton particularily i well remember him coming in late to face paul "scrap iron" ryan and completely sparking him in the 1st round.point taken
Not been a know-it-all mate just I made the same mistake when I was judging fighters. Have a look at Ross Hale too he was a big hitter not a huge ammount of kayos- lol theres loads of the buggers.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2008, 08:47 AM   #48
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydoo
Ryan had recently beaten Ross Hale for the British and commowealth LWW title (thank you boxrec) and fought thaxton as a keep busy fight. Even though it was 12 years ago i remember it like it was yesterday.
Same bill Terry Dunstan beat Dennis Andries and also the 7 kd thriller between Kevin Lueshing and Chris Saunders (another decent puncher with low KO ratio- sorry ron ) They were the good old days. It was a tues or thursday night too.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:51 AM   #49
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Just looking at Scrap iron's record there.

25-3 23 of his wins by ko or tko and all 3 losses by KO and he never went past the eighth round.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ], I salute you.
Ryan the worst chin and recovery capabilities I have ever seen in a British Champion. So, so fun to watch though- the win over Hale was a big upset and despite getting sparked by Thaxton he started favourite Vs Holligan too only to be blasted out again. McCreesh was far to strong and just walked through him but note the Micheal Monaghan win- monaghan went on to prove his toughness several weights higher then welter. Quite an impressive result in hindsight.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #50
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

It would be a good fight between Olusegun and Lynes to see who the third best lightwelter in Britain is, after Hatton and Witter of course.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2008, 09:11 AM   #51
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Ryan isn't the best yardstick when assessing punchers.....;O)
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2008, 09:27 AM   #52
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
Ryan isn't the best yardstick when assessing punchers.....;O)
Yeah true but Thaxton also stopped Paul Burke and Alan Temple and seemed to go on a big run of one punch finishes. He also heavily KO'd Carl Allen- no doubts he can whack.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:42 AM   #53
themacallan
Chin Chin
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
Same bill Terry Dunstan beat Dennis Andries and also the 7 kd thriller between Kevin Lueshing and Chris Saunders (another decent puncher with low KO ratio- sorry ron ) They were the good old days. It was a tues or thursday night too.
Kevin Lueshing, now that's a blast from the past. i'm off to boxrec.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:48 AM   #54
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Kevin Lueshing, now that's a blast from the past. i'm off to boxrec.
He had Trinidad on the floor in a world title challenge, it just seemed to make Trinidad mad though...
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2008, 09:50 AM   #55
themacallan
Chin Chin
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
Ryan the worst chin and recovery capabilities I have ever seen in a British Champion. So, so fun to watch though- the win over Hale was a big upset and despite getting sparked by Thaxton he started favourite Vs Holligan too only to be blasted out again. McCreesh was far to strong and just walked through him but note the Micheal Monaghan win- monaghan went on to prove his toughness several weights higher then welter. Quite an impressive result in hindsight.
i also remember that [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] was billed as the next big thing( without Ko power) until ryan leathered him in a round. then thaxton leathered ryan. of course, in the mix as you say was [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], who was no mug and had a similiar record to ryan.

Great days for welterweight fans.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:51 AM   #56
themacallan
Chin Chin
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
He had Trinidad on the floor in a world title challenge, it just seemed to make Trinidad mad though...
a bit like scotland brazil in spain 82. 1-0 up then 4-1 down.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:07 PM   #57
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

i tell you what,lets start a thread of the hardest hitters who had a low ko percentage! over to you jeff!
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #58
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
i also remember that [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] was billed as the next big thing( without Ko power) until ryan leathered him in a round. then thaxton leathered ryan. of course, in the mix as you say was [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], who was no mug and had a similiar record to ryan.

Great days for welterweight fans.
Light welterweight in late 95-98 was so talent laden and all the buggers could punch too but they all ended up avoiding each other too much and getting bumped off by unknowns and imports bit like the light middles a few years back.... Next time we have that situation we have a duty to make the fights all happen.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #59
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
The fact is 11 ko's from 21 fights is not a great rating. Do you think that the African Boxing Union champion title means anything outside Africa? The commenwealth belt is a fantastic belt but the usual old fashioned way to do things was British belt then step up to Commenwealth belt and then step up to Euro belt.

Lynes has fought against heavier opponents and won and no matter what you say he is a very good fighter.

Ajose is a very good fighter and I would love him to become world champion but at the moment he needs more top quality opponents to get him ready for that.
After your comment about the African Boxing Union title a belt won by the likes of the Great Dick Tiger, Hogan the Kid Bassey, Lotte Mwale, John Mugabi, the legendary Azumah Nelson etc, I see no reason to have a conversation with you any further as your ignorance speaks volumes.

I would not denigrate the belt of another continent the way you have therefore I refuse to speak to you ever again. I love boxing and boxing people but I hate ingnorant people.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #60
themacallan
Chin Chin
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
After your comment about the African Boxing Union title a belt won by the likes of the Great Dick Tiger, Hogan the Kid Bassey, Lotte Mwale, John Mugabi, the legendary Azumah Nelson etc, I see no reason to have a conversation with you any further as your ignorance speaks volumes.

I would not denigrate the belt of another continent the way you have therefore I refuse to speak to you ever again. I love boxing and boxing people but I hate ingnorant people.
your comment was that the african and commonwealth belts are more prestigious belt than the european belt, plainly wrong.

Do you think the african title would mean anything to a european?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum