Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-02-2008, 08:53 PM   #61
dwilson

vCash:
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
After your comment about the African Boxing Union title a belt won by the likes of the Great Dick Tiger, Hogan the Kid Bassey, Lotte Mwale, John Mugabi, the legendary Azumah Nelson etc, I see no reason to have a conversation with you any further as your ignorance speaks volumes.

I would not denigrate the belt of another continent the way you have therefore I refuse to speak to you ever again. I love boxing and boxing people but I hate ingnorant people.
All great fighters indeed and the title does have credit but I and many and most would view the European belt as being superior in terms of prestige and value. There have been many great Euro belt champions that have gone onto great success too. The merits of Azumah Nelson and Ajose are slightly different.

Besides you had a pop at the European belt first. So I will quit speaking to someone who is plain ignorant of an entire continant and a very good boxer in Lynes the current Euro belt holder. I also love boxing and boxing people but hate ignorance.

P.S. I wish Ajose all the best for next weekends fight and it should be a true yard stick of where he can go in the game. Hopefully to the very top.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2008, 06:38 PM   #62
nerrad

vCash: 1000

Quote:
He is going to knockout Nigel Wright. Wright is in over his head. Nobody really wants to fight hence Wright should be given some credit for taking the fight assuming of course he shows up for the contest. As we know the likes of Colin Lynes and Ted Bami don't show up after signing contracts to fight Ajose Olusegun.
Bold statement considering Wright has never been knocked out/stopped or put on his arse!

Last edited by nerrad; 02-03-2008 at 08:58 PM.
nerrad is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2008, 01:29 AM   #63
oscar
Journeyman

lynes is current british /ebu champ and former undefeated ibo world champ hardly someone running scared
Quote:
Oscar Lynes has been offered a fight with Ajose several times the last time was for the vacant commonwealth title a year and a half ago. It was supposed to be live on Sky yet Lynes pulled out. I know Lynes is not interested because he is petrified. Watch Colin closely and he fights scared. If you don't believe call Frank Maloney and ask how many times he has tried to make the match. Colin does not want it as Ajose will end his career like he did Holgate's. The difference is between World Class and domestic level. Mind you Gavin Rees has become a world champion.
oscar is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2008, 01:49 AM   #64
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerrad
Bold statement considering Wright has never been knocked out/stopped or put on his arse!
I look forward to Olus bold staement coming true. Wright is a good fighter, but last time I seen him his fans were total pricks.
When Wright beat McIntyre t the Braehead, all his numpty fans were trying to wind up the few scots in the crowd, & they were all singing "ENGLAND ENGLAND RULE THE WORLD" What was funny though is they were full of mouth early on, but once the Braehead started filling they shut the **** up
However, I will always remember Wrights fans blatant disrespect when they were in our country, & thats why I was delighted when he decided to fight Olusegun. Now I can sit back & watch Ajose take him apart, & break his fans hearts in the process.
Wright is a good fighter, but on a personal level I hate Wrights fans. So its with even more pride I am backing Ajose Olusegun for this one.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2008, 02:12 AM   #65
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydoo
your comment was that the african and commonwealth belts are more prestigious belt than the european belt, plainly wrong.

Do you think the african title would mean anything to a european?
**** europeans Scoob for a minute here. Olusegun is fighting a guy whose fans were disrespectful to us scots. Ajose deserves our support. End of story.
In my eyes? Ajose Olusegun is an honorary Scotsman already. You know I love you mate, but Ajose Olusegun is an honorary scotsman in my eyes. By knocking Wright out, hes going to right a wrong done to Scotland by his poxy fans.
& Im not just spewing a load of shit, Olusegun is special. He will beat all of our own too, this guys going alll the way.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2008, 02:59 AM   #66
themacallan
Chin Chin
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

aye i know dunky and i know you love me but his comments were daft, in my opinion.

i might fence sit on this one as i don't know too much about them both.
themacallan is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2008, 06:33 AM   #67
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

well i see this afro-celtic alliance which was formed against hatton for the mayweather fight is still up and running.well despite his "poxy" fans i hope our local boy nigel knocks ajose spark out,if only to bring olu down to earth.however me being a grounded and fair minded englishman i can't see it happening and expect olu to be too much for nigel.
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2008, 06:59 AM   #68
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Wright may suprise a few if Ajose last fight is anything to go by... Pressures on for you Olu.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2008, 08:47 AM   #69
nerrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron u.k.
well i see this afro-celtic alliance which was formed against hatton for the mayweather fight is still up and running.well despite his "poxy" fans i hope our local boy nigel knocks ajose spark out,if only to bring olu down to earth.however me being a grounded and fair minded englishman i can't see it happening and expect olu to be too much for nigel.
I am new to this forum and was just about to ask if he was a green Hooper.

Nothing wrong with fans getting behind their fighter and being proud of where they are from. Or maybe they should have sat nice and quiet in the Braehead when Wright produced that cracking 1st round KO! They were maybe just a bit upset about the last time they were there against McIntyre when Dick Turpin was the judge.
nerrad is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2008, 11:07 AM   #70
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas
Wright may suprise a few if Ajose last fight is anything to go by... Pressures on for you Olu.
Wright has made his 1st mistake by taking the fight. We are very up for it especially as it is in his hometown. Those of you who think Ajose can't punch are in for a shock. Take it to the bank.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2008, 11:13 AM   #71
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron u.k.
There did not need to be an Afro-Celtic Alliance to understand that PBF would school Hatton and put his lights out. Unfortunately as happens many times the English or Sassenach were blinded by patriotism to believe Hatton could win.

As for the contest between Ajose Olusegun versus Nigel Wright remember what Azumah Nelson did to Pat Cowdell.

I respect Wright for taking the fight and I will respect him more if he turns up on the night and take his beating as a man and then tells the world how special Ajose is.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2008, 11:26 AM   #72
RichDam
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Olusegun by eighth round stoppage. I am confident he will break Wright down. Hope he makes a statement as this could get him the attention he deserves.
RichDam is online now  Top
Old 02-05-2008, 11:30 AM   #73
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
There did not need to be an Afro-Celtic Alliance to understand that PBF would school Hatton and put his lights out. Unfortunately as happens many times the English or Sassenach were blinded by patriotism to believe Hatton could win.

As for the contest between Ajose Olusegun versus Nigel Wright remember what Azumah Nelson did to Pat Cowdell.

I respect Wright for taking the fight and I will respect him more if he turns up on the night and take his beating as a man and then tells the world how special Ajose is.

Very true. I put off blind patriotism for ages in the build up to the Hatton vs PBF fight and we all know how that ended. I'm seriously looking forward to watching Ajose fighting this weekend. Hope all's going well in the camp and that Ajose puts on a real display. What are realistic predictions for the fight. I have it late stoppage for your guy but I'll buy into the theory of Ajose blowing him away. That would be some amazing statement of intent. Wright has it in him to make it very interesting but not quite enough to grab a win.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:40 PM   #74
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Wright has made his 1st mistake by taking the fight. We are very up for it especially as it is in his hometown. Those of you who think Ajose can't punch are in for a shock. Take it to the bank.
Good luck mate
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2008, 12:53 PM   #75
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Looking forward to the Olusegun v Wright contest.

Will be watching with interest to see if Olusegun can back up all of Mr Olu's claims on here.
elle is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum