Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Martha's Vineyard
Posts: 13,062
vCash: 1000
Default Andre Ward vs Bob Fitzsimmons

I like Ward by dominating late round TKO
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada!!!!
Posts: 2,215
vCash: 500
Default Re: Andre Ward vs Bob Fitzsimmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
I like Ward by dominating late round TKO
suzie, you right bastard you realize what's gonna happen when luf and the others see this thread...
Nightcrawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,545
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Andre Ward vs Bob Fitzsimmons

Ward would dominate Fitz, the sport's moved on, Fitz is an technically inferior lesser conditioned version of Froch
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada!!!!
Posts: 2,215
vCash: 500
Default Re: Andre Ward vs Bob Fitzsimmons

i'll say this: ward is probably the best true inside fighter i've seen in some time. When dawson held his arms (or tried) he was masterful at ensuring one hand was free and dominating him there. it was incredible the amount of leverage he got and power he showed on those short, inside uppercuts
Nightcrawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yoknapatawpha
Posts: 3,090
vCash: 475
Default Re: Andre Ward vs Bob Fitzsimmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Ward would dominate Fitz, the sport's moved on, Fitz is an technically inferior lesser conditioned version of Froch
But harder hitting.

I'll hedge my bet. 75% chance Ward dominates and completely outfoxed Fitz, 24% Ward thinks there no way this stumblebum can hit me and gets clocked, 1% one of Fitz's cornermen jumps into the ring and gets him dqed.
LittleRed is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:47 AM   #6
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 773
Default Re: Andre Ward vs Bob Fitzsimmons

Even though Fits didn't have the best chin his punching power compared to Ward is immensly better.Fits is rated as one of the best if not the best middleweights ever and has said to be almost ''unbeatable'' at middleweight. He was a pinpoint puncher who knew the human body as well as a surgeon and would hit pressure points( Jim Corbett in the solar plexus) I have Fitszimmons winning this by knockout,knockout is the only way Fits could win i believe if it went to decision Ward would take it out.
Theron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #7
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
Posts: 14,262
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Andre Ward vs Bob Fitzsimmons

Hard to tell because of the limited footage + quality of footage there is of Fitz, there is only so much a fighters record can tell you about a H2H fight between 2 fighters, I prefer to judge the styles as well as taking their quality of opposition on board.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #8
apollack
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,501
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Andre Ward vs Bob Fitzsimmons

No doubt Ward is the superior technical boxer, so he wins a decision, IF it goes the distance. However, there is also no doubt that he has yet to face a killer puncher like Fitz, who had condition and could take a licking and keep on ticking, and knew how to set up and time and well place ferocious devastating blows. Right now, there is no Tommy Hearns type middle/super middle, that guy with fearsome cracking power, for Ward to face. Certainly though, Ward has shown that he can beat strong men. Oddsmakers would have Ward the favorite, but it would be a nail biter as long as Fitz was firing back.
apollack is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #9
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bronx ny
Posts: 4,954
vCash: 495
Default Re: Andre Ward vs Bob Fitzsimmons

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5clfV1gZV0A[/ame]

Ward takes it. would look something like this but worse
brnxhands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #10
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bronx ny
Posts: 4,954
vCash: 495
Default Re: Andre Ward vs Bob Fitzsimmons

Bob is no doubt one of the best punchers ever though. don't care how long ago it was
brnxhands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #11
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bronx ny
Posts: 4,954
vCash: 495
Default Re: Andre Ward vs Bob Fitzsimmons

I'm not one of these guys that goes crazy with the "modern is always better mentality", but Bob was learning his craft in the 1800's. Gotta expect things to change. Bob is in my top 15 ever
brnxhands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #12
JimmyShimmy
1050 psi
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 167lbs - P4P Baddest
Posts: 323
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Andre Ward vs Bob Fitzsimmons

I'm not sold.

Sure, Ward gives him problems, but there was a huge gulf between giving Fitzsimmons problems and beating him.

Dooley was very early (plus he was a HW) and Hall was a dive. After that who actually beat Fitz? Jeffries and then O' Brien when Bob was 40.

Fitz could beat every style - the slickster, the ruffian and the all-rounder. Accurate and a murderous puncher, often on the counter.

Nothing is certain for the comparatively inexperienced Ward.
JimmyShimmy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #13
apollack
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,501
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Andre Ward vs Bob Fitzsimmons

Brnxhands, you are not being fair. In 1909, Fitz was totally shot. Had been for years. He was 46 years old when he fought Lang, a big strong heavy, and yet, Bob still lasted into the 12th round. But not a fair comparison for a fantasy matchup.
apollack is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #14
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bronx ny
Posts: 4,954
vCash: 495
Default Re: Andre Ward vs Bob Fitzsimmons

Yeah I know he was shot. It was more using it to show his general stance. He would have his hands full with somebody like andre. Bob could spark anyone though if he were to land
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollack View Post
Brnxhands, you are not being fair. In 1909, Fitz was totally shot. Had been for years. He was 46 years old when he fought Lang, a big strong heavy, and yet, Bob still lasted into the 12th round. But not a fair comparison for a fantasy matchup.
brnxhands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #15
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 11,584
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Andre Ward vs Bob Fitzsimmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Ward would dominate Fitz, the sport's moved on, Fitz is an technically inferior lesser conditioned version of Froch
I don't think any objective observer would declare Fitz to be a "lesser conditioned" version of Froch. I think some of Fitz's workouts would make even Froch, who I have great respect for, blanch. Nor is he necessarily technically inferior. I would like to see what Froch's technique would look like if he were fighting with the gloves Fitz wore, or over the round limits and rulesets that Fitz endured.

If Ward makes one mistake or falls for one of Fitz's traps, the fight is very likely over.
Seamus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013