Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #76
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

vCash: 571251
Default Re: THE RING P4P LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED. Congrats to Andre Ward & Anselmo Moreno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobotnaman View Post
can you please explain how these guys are over manny?
yep none of them just lost and or have a controversial decision in the fight before they lost..all of them have dominated top competition in their last fights
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #77
Hattons Hook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: THE RING P4P LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED. Congrats to Andre Ward & Anselmo Moreno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy brown View Post
why, cause no one agrees with you? 1-2 are money and ward. no doubt about that. can't wait for broner to join the fray. pee pee mouth and dapidroid should be irrelevant. there are new sherrifs in town but floys the king until he retires. deal wit it.

No it's more children using words like pee pee mouth and dapidroid. Absolutely pathetic on a boxing forum
Hattons Hook is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #78
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
A long assed time ago.
So how in the hell is he still ranked highly??cause he has alot of fans??cause he is not dominating or impressing..hell he just lost,and looked like shit against jmm..you cant justify him being ranked in the top 5...these posters bring up fights from over a decade ago
Old 09-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #79
benebox
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Good list. Although I don't know why they changed the rules for Pacquiao. In that case JMM should be higher.
benebox is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #80
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx2012 View Post
So how in the hell is he still ranked highly??cause he has alot of fans??cause he is not dominating or impressing..hell he just lost,and looked like shit against jmm..you cant justify him being ranked in the top 5...these posters bring up fights from over a decade ago
Cause he has fans. Manny is an ATG but his time at the top is coming to an end. Hell We all eventually had to take Whitaker, Jones, Oscar, etc. off the list because they weren't performing as well anymore.

It happens, some people just can't deal.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #81
Collie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 15100

Quote:
shane-he domianted
ortiz-he ko'd
cotto-snatched his title

when was the last time manny even fought a champion in his division?or even the #2 guy?
I'm demonstrating how one can view things with rose-tinted glasses, I actually give Mayweather some credit for his wins. But if I wanted to, I could retort that Pacquaio faced 2 top 10 P4P guys in his last fights, one an HOF/ATG, another an undefeated prime champ. I was trying to illustrate how biased you were but obviously it won't work, you see and believe what you want to. For example, you give Floyd credit for beating Mosely, but criticise Pacquaio for beating him in a hugely lopsided decision knocking him down along the way? There's just no reasoning with that sort of 'logic'
Collie is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #82
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebox View Post
Good list. Although I don't know why they changed the rules for Pacquiao. In that case JMM should be higher.
no they didn't. they actually penalized pac after the jmm fight by pulling him down to #2 from the top spot. jmm retained his ranking at #5. bradley was never penalized also by retaining his #8 ranking even though it was a real bad decision.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #83
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collie View Post
I'm demonstrating how one can view things with rose-tinted glasses, I actually give Mayweather some credit for his wins. But if I wanted to, I could retort that Pacquaio faced 2 top 10 P4P guys in his last fights, one an HOF/ATG, another an undefeated prime champ. I was trying to illustrate how biased you were but obviously it won't work, you see and believe what you want to. For example, you give Floyd credit for beating Mosely, but criticise Pacquaio for beating him in a hugely lopsided decision knocking him down along the way? There's just no reasoning with that sort of 'logic'
yea he faced 2 top 10 p4p guys and lost to 1-pick one...when did Floyd EVER lose??

and Mosley was the #1 ww p4p#3 wba champ when floyd beat him

he was nothing and coming off of a lose and a damn draw when manny beat him

keep that shit real
Old 09-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #84
weegriffin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collie View Post
Agree with the Bradley and Marquez part, but I think Floyd deserves more credit for beating Mosley, I mean before the Mayweather vs Mosley fight Mosley stopped Margarito and before the Pacquaio vs Mosley fight he lost to Mayweather and had a draw against Mora just before fighting Pacquaio.

Obviously you can't act like the version of Mosley, Pacquaio fought is much worse than the one Mayweather fought but Floyd deserve more credit for beating Mosley coming of a big win.
weegriffin is online now  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #85
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
yea he faced 2 top 10 p4p guys and lost to 1-pick one...when did Floyd EVER lose??

if you have pac losing to bradley, then you can say that a past his prime cotto won over floyd. even cotto did better than a prime, p4p fighter in bradley did. pac-jmm was a close fight between two top p4p fighters.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #86
Nay_Sayer
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobotnaman View Post
can you please explain how these guys are over manny?
Easy.

Pacquiao is 1-1 in his last two fights. That's how...
Nay_Sayer is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #87
Collie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

keep that shit real
Castillo? Sorry, couldn't resist.

I rate Mayweather, he's #1 or joint #1 at the min on my list, but I don't think everything he touches turn to gold, I have some perspective, some logic.
Collie is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #88
Nay_Sayer
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

keep that shit real
Old 09-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #89
Nay_Sayer
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
if you have pac losing to bradley, then you can say that a past his prime cotto won over floyd.
Lol...

I think this should be the Pactard quote of the day.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #90
Collie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegriffin View Post
Obviously you can't act like the version of Mosley, Pacquaio fought is much worse than the one Mayweather fought but Floyd deserve more credit for beating Mosley coming of a big win.
I agree but some people would give Pacquaio no credit at all for beating Mosely.
Collie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum