Old 07-07-2007, 06:44 PM   #31
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Now nobody can ever say....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiDDoW_MaKeR
It was very refreshing. I can now move forward with my life.

Im so happy for you Widdow! *Tear*.

Okay maybe not the tear but yes us as Wlad fans have dealt with so many retards its incredible to finally shut them up.
eze is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 06:46 PM   #32
EpsilonAxis
HNIC
ESB Addict

vCash: 2296

Quote:
Wladimir didn't win any rematches. I bet the haters are pissed.

Now let's hear about how Brewster is shot now... even though this fight was a mirror image of their last fight outside of Wladimir not falling apart from within. Wladimir hit Brewster at will in their first fight too. He was so damn relaxed that he could have beat on Lamon for 12 full rounds and then did a lap around the arena. Unfortunately Lamon couldn't take it for more than 6.

Buddy is a good hearted trainer, and there needs to be more trainers willing to protect their fighters. Also, Brewster wanted the fight to be stopped, you could tell. He was agreeing with Buddy.

I think it was good of Brewster to accept the stoppage. I fighter needs to know when he's beat. There's no reason to take more damage just for the sake of going the full 12.
EpsilonAxis is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 06:46 PM   #33
Sundance
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Yea...

Sanders turned down Wladimir until he retired after getting beat by Vitali... now he wants some money so he wants to come back and fight Wladimir? Wlad just completely dominated an in shape, and motivated Brewster who was just considered one of the best heavyweights in the world up until last year.... and is getting no credit for it. So, what sort of credit does he get for beating the shit out of a Sanders who is over 40 years old?
Wait till they wheel out Holyfield or McCall for Wlad. Sanders is a few years younger than them.
Sundance is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 06:47 PM   #34
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
Too late.
Damnit, I thought I was reading my own response to myself.

Looking for a good Wlad avatar?

Check these out, I have a good stash...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 06:47 PM   #35
Mundo
****s the wives of every
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2658

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
Im so happy for you Widdow! *Tear*.

Okay maybe not the tear but yes us as Wlad fans have dealt with so many retards its incredible to finally shut them up.
Mundo is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 06:50 PM   #36
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpsilonAxis

I think it was good of Brewster to accept the stoppage. I fighter needs to know when he's beat. There's no reason to take more damage just for the sake of going the full 12.
I agree... also better for Brewster's image to go out like that. No need to see him stretched out on the canvas like Brock. Brewster can walk away knowing that he didn't go down.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:51 PM   #37
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Damnit, I thought I was reading my own response to myself.

Looking for a good Wlad avatar?

Check these out, I have a good stash...

Thanks. Im gonna use the red one if you dont mind?
eze is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 06:53 PM   #38
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
Thanks. Im gonna use the red one if you dont mind?
I don't mind, it was made to order for me. I have kept it for quite some time. You are worthy to carry it on.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:53 PM   #39
Shotgun
Who Nex?
ESB Senior Member

Wlad looked like a machine tonight. He was toying with Brewster, showing good lateral movement, absolutely couldn't miss with the jab, high workrate without showing any signs of tiring, and didn't show even a brief moment of doubt. It seems like Wlad's confidence and the mental aspect of his game have finally caught up to his physical tools. Big credit to both Wladimir and Manny Steward

The haters can't even complain about him clinching either. Great night for Wlad, his team, and his fans
Shotgun is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 06:53 PM   #40
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
I don't mind, it was made to order for me. I have kept it for quite some time. You are worthy to carry it on.
Haha Thanks
eze is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 06:55 PM   #41
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Brewster isn't shot, he just was never really that good.

He got lucky in the first fight, anyone who thinks differently is just a Klitschko hater.

He's a B-/C+ level fighter, who's overacheived at times. He's seems like a decent guy, and he's made a good career out of boxing, hopefully he hangs them up after this and takes care of his family before he get's hurt.
nervousxtian is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 06:55 PM   #42
BOGART
Belt holder
ESB Addict

This will go down as a good win for Wlad. He really put a beating on Brewster and would have most likely stopped him on his own within the next two rounds.

I get the feeling this wasn't the same Brewster that was in the ring with Wlad 3 years ago. The same desire didn't seem to be there. Probably didn't matter because Wlad was going to win this fight. The fight looked very simialr to the first one but this time Wlad was more relaxed, controlled, and confidant. Therefor avoiding another meltdown.

If Brewster continues than that would also shed light on Wlad's win. For now it looks like a good win for Wlad but against a Brewster who doesn't have quite the fire that he use to.

As for Brewster being damaged pyshcologically. Its very possible he's not the same fighter mentally after coming off an injury and a loss. I don't know but let's not forget that Wlad most likely had some pyschological issues to deal of his own with getting back in the ring with a guy who owns a k.o over him. So who really knows what was going through both fighter's minds. But if we speculate one guy was dealing with mental issues in this fight lets not forget it could have been both guys had their own demons coming in.
BOGART is online now  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 06:55 PM   #43
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
If Brewster would have landed one of those left hook haymakers and dropped Wladimir, people would be saying that "Brewster is the best in the division, he's back!!!"... but since Wladimir was able to avoid all of Brewster attempts, and keep that sustained pounding that he gave him in the first fight, Lamon is shot. It never ceases to amaze me.

Funny how some of these guys can twist any situation to promote their view.

Brewster fighting in his usual style and tactics today, just as much as he ever was. He even said the eye didn't give him any trouble.

Brewster's problem was not being shot, eye trouble, or being beaten up too many times.

Brewster's only problem was Wladimir Klit being such a dominant fighter.
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 06:55 PM   #44
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Quote:
Wladimir didn't win any rematches. I bet the haters are pissed.

Now let's hear about how Brewster is shot now... even though this fight was a mirror image of their last fight outside of Wladimir not falling apart from within. Wladimir hit Brewster at will in their first fight too. .
You are absolutely right about all of this and I kept telling them in boxing you don't come off a year layoff, injury, and several wars and then blow away a fighter who had IMPROVED in the meantime!!!

They weren't listenining
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 06:55 PM   #45
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun
Wlad looked like a machine tonight. He was toying with Brewster, showing good lateral movement, absolutely couldn't miss with the jab, high workrate without showing any signs of tiring, and didn't show even a brief moment of doubt. It seems like Wlad's confidence and the mental aspect of his game have finally caught up to his physical tools. Big credit to both Wladimir and Manny Steward

The haters can't even complain about him clinching either. Great night for Wlad, his team, and his fans
Great post.

Also, this win will only make him that much better. Finally getting one of the men who beat him to accept a rematch, and getting his revenge. That has to put him at ease.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum