Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-07-2007, 06:57 PM   #46
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Now nobody can ever say....

Should be pretty funny to read through the posts of the last week. I remember some guy claiming Brewster got Klitschkos number based on the first fight.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 07:00 PM   #47
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervousxtian
Brewster isn't shot, he just was never really that good.

He got lucky in the first fight, anyone who thinks differently is just a Klitschko hater.

He's a B-/C+ level fighter, who's overacheived at times. He's seems like a decent guy, and he's made a good career out of boxing, hopefully he hangs them up after this and takes care of his family before he get's hurt.
Nervous, you nailed it. Nice job. The mistakes Wlad made in the first fight he wasn't going to make tonight. Once that was clear, it was only a matter of time.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 07:00 PM   #48
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2007, 07:03 PM   #49
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Go get Sanders. Purity's retired, so there's only one more bit of business for Wlad to take care of and then he can concentrate on solidifying his legacy. There's only one HW he won't fight - big bro.

That K Bros dream of being champs at the same time? It's looking a lot healthier now, provided Vitali can hold his body together long enough to climb through the ropes to batter either Peter or Maskaev.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 07:07 PM   #50
dasbas327

I predicted Vlad would KO Lamon in eight after a tremendous beating, and that is essentially what we saw; Brewster would have been knocked out in the next round if it hadn't been stopped by the corner. It is true that Brewster said ok to the stoppage, and it was clear to me from the beginning he wasn't there to fight. Prior to the fight, and immediately afterward he kept talking about providing for his wife and four kids which showed me he was there for a paycheck only. I think it was much the same with Castillo in his fight with Hatton, although the commentators said prior to that that Castillo's money from the fight was already gone in advance which I believe contributed to his not getting up after the knockdown.

Essentially, Brewster didn't appear to be there to fight. He has always taken a lot of punishment in order to land his own shots, but to me it didn't look like he was even trying in this one. He was there for a payday, and I don't think we'll hear from him again.
dasbas327 is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 07:09 PM   #51
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
Should be pretty funny to read through the posts of the last week. I remember some guy claiming Brewster got Klitschkos number based on the first fight.
The only way Brewster would've found Klitschko's number today is if it was written on the ceiling. Fortunately, Mcgirt didn't let it get that far.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 07:09 PM   #52
Brand
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I was really impressed with Wlad's stamina and workrate. he didn't look tired after 6 rounds unlike the first fight
Brand is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 07:14 PM   #53
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 07:19 PM   #54
Rudolph
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
i said that but it was simply nervous before the fight
Rudolph is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 07:20 PM   #55
Shamrock
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Does this vindicate the Klitschko's camps claim of drugs last time?
Shamrock is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 07:20 PM   #56
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Wladimir did what he had to do, he looked great tonight with very little holding. I predicted an easy night for Wlad and that is what happened.

Can't see how anyone can discredit the win, everyone already knew what Brewster was anyways, a B level fighter with a horrible defence and a punch, that isn't going to work.

This was a good fight to clear some things up, not that knowledgable fans didn't already know these exact things, notice the many predictions that were on or near target.

I agree with WiddowMaker on this one this time around.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 07:22 PM   #57
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiDDoW_MaKeR
Wladimir didn't win any rematches. I bet the haters are pissed.

Now let's hear about how Brewster is shot now... even though this fight was a mirror image of their last fight outside of Wladimir not falling apart from within. Wladimir hit Brewster at will in their first fight too. He was so damn relaxed that he could have beat on Lamon for 12 full rounds and then did a lap around the arena. Unfortunately Lamon couldn't take it for more than 6.

Buddy is a good hearted trainer, and there needs to be more trainers willing to protect their fighters. Also, Brewster wanted the fight to be stopped, you could tell. He was agreeing with Buddy.
Vald Tried to re-match Sanders too. Maybe he'll knock him out later.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2007, 07:30 PM   #58
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Wlad definitely took another step forward towards his goal of becoming the unquestioned champion.

Did/does Brewster look shot?? Yes, he does but I don't hold that against Wladimir in any way. I stated all a long that this being Brewster's first fight back from a detached retina was a bad/suspicious idea. I think mcgirts comments, and the decision to switch trainers from Jesse Reid(who would likely have not stopped the fight at that point) pretty much solidifys the idea that Brewster in essence took this payday but has lost the will to continue fighting the way he does. Honestly, I don't blame Brewster either. His style and ability lends towards punishment and every human has or hits the limit. I'd rather see it end this way, than in blindness or tragedy. Brewster can hold his head up and live on to be the man and father his family needs. I certainly hope that he uses this purse wisely and I wish him well.

I've never questioned Wlad's skill or power, but did question his heart after the first Brewster fight. I must say he has the HEART to try and overcome his mistakes and that is VERY COMMENDABLE I truly believed that Peter would beat Wlad before they fought because Peter has real power and figured Wlad would fold in the face of adversity, and he DIDNT!! Instead he learned how to tie up and persevere. He has now shown the heart to face a man that KO'd him and was successful in proving he is the better fighter and has championship desire and will.

What wlad needs from here is unification!! Facing either the Chagaev vs Ibragimov winner or the Maskaev vs Peter winner is the next step,that would get him even closer to his goal of unification/undisputed CHAMPION. Fighting BOTH winners is necessary to achieve that status. All in all?? Hats off to him, and I hope he's willing to face and overcome the obstacles(political/financial) that will come in pursuit of that goal. Given the path he's walked the since brewster, there's no reason to doubt the sincerity of his intent IMO, unification is always good for boxing.
C Money is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum