Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
TOMMY36

vCash: 500
Default sis gels

im about to have my first amature fight on friday night and iv been looking at what foods to eat on the day and the best way to have the most energy for the fight and stil make weight , i dont no if any one has ever used SIS gels but a few people from my gym said about them and one of the pro's says he drinks a red bull before a fight !!! lol if any one has used them would be much appretiated to give me your feed back or just helpful tips on what to eat and how to have maximum energy for the fight iv trained very hard for it so sould be fine but as they say every little helps ......
TOMMY36 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: sis gels

I dunno if my opinion counts cuz i've never tried one before (store bought anyway).
My only advice is to give one a try in the days BEFORE your fight. You never know how you'll react to something. I hear mixed reviews (yes, I've started a thread on the same topic a few months ago - you might find it if you search for key words "energy gels"). the last thing you want to do is find out ON FIGHT day, that you react negatively to it.
Some people react well, and some people get no benefit. A small handful even report increased heart rate/anxiety which affect them negatively.
People with very sensitive stomachs might even get indigestion.
In all likelihood, bad reactions are rare - but still, common sense says don't try anything new/untested on fight day.
If it doesn't irritate you - why not? If it works....great - if it's merely a placebo effect - that also can't be a bad thing. Like you said, every little bit counts.
Best of luck in your fight - have fun and keep us posted on the outcome!
Speechless is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: sis gels

BTW - i made a homemade version out of blackstrap molasses, honey and salt.
Can't say I can actually feel a difference, but in my last fight when I used it, I had a much better performance. I am usually a slow starter, but this time I started fast and hard and didn't blow myself out.
Speechless is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing