Old 09-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #16
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I have a hunch that Scotty wont be on the Burns-Mitchell undercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
Simpson is fighting Dai Davies is he not Dunky?
supposedly BA, what an awful opponent though with all due respect to Dai, would love to hear they had given Davis a wee backhander to step aside, & let Scotty & Simmy slug it out
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #17
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
supposedly BA, what an awful opponent though with all due respect to Dai, would love to hear they had given Davis a wee backhander to step aside, & let Scotty & Simmy slug it out
That would be all out warfare, Simmo at this stage of his career deserves better then frigging Dai Davies
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #18
JabHookJab

Harrison would rip Simpson to shreads.
JabHookJab is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #19
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabHookJab View Post
Harrison would rip Simpson to shreads.
You base that on Harrison knocking lumps out of a 13 year old anorexic Hungarian kid...Harrison would probably be too big for Simpson, but we don't know what Harrison has left.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #20
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
That would be all out warfare, Simmo at this stage of his career deserves better then frigging Dai Davies
agreed, its a shocker of a fight! I dont usually want to see us jocks fighting each other, we have too small a pool of capable fighters & its a big world out there, so no need to duke it out with each other for domestic baubles.

However, simmy & Scotty are special cases, neither have time on their side & both need big fights as soon as, so it makes sense for these guys to take each other on, prime for prime Scotty would have wore Simmy down, cos Scotty had iron strength, & an iron will to match. The bodyshots would have told on Simmy & Scotty would have had him out of there in 7 but Scotty aint in his prime no more, & now that Simmy has moved up? Hes looking back to his hard as nails best.

I know this trash guy appears to be on the wind up, but it would be a helluva fight!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #21
trash

Quote:
agreed, its a shocker of a fight! I dont usually want to see us jocks fighting each other, we have too small a pool of capable fighters & its a big world out there, so no need to duke it out with each other for domestic baubles.

However, simmy & Scotty are special cases, neither have time on their side & both need big fights as soon as, so it makes sense for these guys to take each other on, prime for prime Scotty would have wore Simmy down, cos Scotty had iron strength, & an iron will to match. The bodyshots would have told on Simmy & Scotty would have had him out of there in 7 but Scotty aint in his prime no more, & now that Simmy has moved up? Hes looking back to his hard as nails best.

I know this trash guy appears to be on the wind up, but it would be a helluva fight!
got no reason to wind up anybody m8 .just wait and see
trash is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #22
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by trash View Post
got no reason to wind up anybody m8 .just wait and see
Mr T, its nothing personal & I hope you prove me wrong! Just knowing scotty is fighting will cheer me up, but if hes fighting Simmy? Damn thats big!
Its just that when something appears to good be true? Thats usually cos it is!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #23
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

Sadly I agree
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #24
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMSTempleGarden View Post
Dick Dung is about a bright as black out, if he says Harrison is fighting then he probably isn't.
You serious HMS? I listen to sportsound most times when it is on, & I find chic a good listen, he knows his football. Trouble for him is that thanks to the godawful played out only an excuse show people actually think hes the comic version of himself! Mix that in with horrible west of Scotland bigotry about him being a closet Rangers fan in the comic version too, & what you find is that hes hated by most, I heard him say a while back that he hated that show for how it tarred him, but heyho welcome to Scotland and its football, we are truly mental when it comes to al things football.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #25
HeavyT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

its too close now, either its a joruneyman or no one I'd say.
HeavyT is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #26
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyT View Post
its too close now, either its a joruneyman or no one I'd say.
My thoughts exactly
Old 09-13-2012, 03:15 AM   #27
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2522

Quote:
You serious HMS? I listen to sportsound most times when it is on, & I find chic a good listen, he knows his football. Trouble for him is that thanks to the godawful played out only an excuse show people actually think hes the comic version of himself! Mix that in with horrible west of Scotland bigotry about him being a closet Rangers fan in the comic version too, & what you find is that hes hated by most, I heard him say a while back that he hated that show for how it tarred him, but heyho welcome to Scotland and its football, we are truly mental when it comes to al things football.
yeah am serious he is bumbling, stuttering fool of a man who should have been chopped long ago.

well known for non-exclusives.
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 03:38 AM   #28
sgtcecil
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 480

Quote:
I despise Chick Young and Sportsound. The likes of Billy Dodds, Derek Ferguson, Allan Preston talking about what happened in their midweek game of 5's when there is 20 games happening on open all mics pisses me off - open all mics is bad enough without them and their 'in jokes'.

Only decent folk on it are Richard Gordon and Jim Spence (i.e. not the ex-pro freeloaders!!

As much as it pains me to say, i much prefer Hugh Keevins to Chick Young! Think it was him that was doing the radio ad on clyde for the fight
sgtcecil is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 03:40 AM   #29
sgtcecil
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 480

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMSTempleGarden View Post
yeah am serious he is bumbling, stuttering fool of a man who should have been chopped long ago.

well known for non-exclusives.
Walter Smith shredding him on youtube is classic! Showed how utterly spineless he is!
sgtcecil is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #30
rossco666
Contender
ESB Senior Member

be great to see scott on the card! great fighter in his day. i remember wayne mcCulloch saying scotts strengh was phenominal after their fight years back. like carl froch he gets underrated because he looks slow and clumbsy but its a different story facing him in the ring. its just a pitty he didnt fight any of the top dogs when he was in his prime! toe to toe you didnt want to go there with scott. i think he would have given barrera and morales hard fights on the way to points losses but JMM would have destroyed scott harrison imo.
if he can stay out of bother and get a few wins against good domestic fighters then i see him (prob undeservedly) getting a crack at the winner of burns mitchell somewhere down the line, thats if they can keep the belt. knowing FW opponent choice's they probably will for a while.
rossco666 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum