Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I have a hunch that Scotty wont be on the Burns-Mitchell undercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMSTempleGarden View Post
You will have to turn the volume up

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
there another version of that vid on YT HMS my good man, with better sound so you can enjoy it more!
Funny as **** that clip, although I think walter looked like he had a wee drink in him, Smiths speech was a bit funny & eyes a bit stary

Poor chic must have thought his number was up when Archie Knox appeared
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #47
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtcecil View Post
I despise Chick Young and Sportsound. The likes of Billy Dodds, Derek Ferguson, Allan Preston talking about what happened in their midweek game of 5's when there is 20 games happening on open all mics ****es me off - open all mics is bad enough without them and their 'in jokes'.

Only decent folk on it are Richard Gordon and Jim Spence (i.e. not the ex-pro freeloaders!!

As much as it pains me to say, i much prefer Hugh Keevins to Chick Young! Think it was him that was doing the radio ad on clyde for the fight
aye Hugh Keevins is the best football journo, hes brutally honest & sees right through the old firm fans & their pathetic squabbling and agendas, the very odd time I listen to Radio Clyde I wonder how he tolerates the numpties that phone in day after day week after week...

Keevins is a disaster when he talks boxing though

Open all mics is pish, but their normal show before the matches start is a good listen, & Richard Gordon is a cracking anchor man for the show.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #48
JabHookJab

vCash: 500

Graham Speirs does my head in as a football writer.
JabHookJab is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #49
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabHookJab View Post
Graham Speirs does my head in as a football writer.
I can never forget the night Scotsport was on & it was a new format back in 2004, i.e show was on for about 2 hours with next to no football highlights, Cameron Stout of big brother 'fames' wee less famous brother talking with his chirpy wee teuchter accent & to top it off, Speirs starts playing the piano at the end when all we wanted to see was FOOTBALL HIGHLIGHTS

Car crash TV at its finest!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjK3Sf_yCoA[/ame]
Old 09-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #50
JabHookJab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
I can never forget the night Scotsport was on & it was a new format back in 2004, i.e show was on for about 2 hours with next to no football highlights, Cameron Stout of big brother 'fames' wee less famous brother talking with his chirpy wee teuchter accent & to top it off, Speirs starts playing the piano at the end when all we wanted to see was FOOTBALL HIGHLIGHTS

I remember that program.

Graham Speirs has to be a porsche driver.
JabHookJab is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #51
somebody
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trash View Post
got no reason to wind up anybody m8 .just wait and see
I've been informed it wont be Simpson, but I guess we will have to wait and see.
somebody is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #52
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Scott told losing isn't an option in bout with Owen

Bert Mitchell
Sports Writer

SCOTT HARRISON has been set a "win at all costs" ultimatum by manager Alex Morrison.

EXCLUSIVE By BERT MITCHELL

The former WBO featherweight king will make the second appearance of his come- back against Englishman Tony Owen, as the chief supporting bout to the Ricky Burns versus Kevin Mitchell WBO lightweight title battle, at the SECC on Saturday week.

And Morrison has also confirmed that a convincing victory will earn the former champ a tilt at a major title, probably just before Christmas, and possibly against the winner of the Burns versus Mitchell all-Brit bust-up.
He said: "Scott will face Tony Owen and the ultimatum I have set him is to win at all costs and re-produce the same quality of performance he did in his first fight back against Gyorgy Mizsei back in June.

"If he can do that then Scott will land a major title fight in his next fight. So the ball is in his court and he knows what he has to deliver and I am 100% sure he will."

Owen replaces former world lightweight title challenger John Murray whose representatives pulled him out of a slated s**** with the Scot which has been a source of frustration to all in Harrison's camp.
The Londoner has only lost once in 14 fights and that was on a cuts stoppage and has stopped one of his 13 victims.

Owen has landed the opportunity to meet Harrison, over 8x3 rounds, because the former nine stone ruler's fearsome reputation has meant that even top level opposition like Murray have been running scared at the prospect of cutting the mus**** with the man known as "The Real McCoy".
For his part, Morrison has no doubt that Owen will be a step up in class from Hungarian novice Mizsei.

He said: "Owen is a decent quality of fighter whose only defeat came by way of cuts in a challenge for the Southern Area lightweight title.
"But he has put that one to bed by winning again back in April and like any boxer who meets Scott he will know that a victory would make his career.
"So he is a good boxer, who is durable and very much on the up and I am looking forward to seeing how Scott handles him."
Tickets are available on 0141 554 7777 from 50 upwards with no booking fee char
Old 09-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #53
sgtcecil
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 480

Quote:

God that was horrendous that programme! Who the **** was Sarah O? What happened to Julyan Sinclair?

Jim 'Kilmarnock Supporter' Delahunt. Coming from the same town as him and being a killie supporter, I know he sides to the green half of Glasgow!
sgtcecil is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #54
sgtcecil
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Harrison Should walk through Owen.
sgtcecil is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #55
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtcecil View Post
Harrison Should walk through Owen.
It aint a bad wee fight sergeant, the lad is young, hungry & capable & I remember watching his only loss, & the cut stoppage was a joke, & the boy was raging. A tidy wee boxer and an englander to boot, you can be sure hes going to give it his all against Scotty.

It could have been a helluva lot worse, thats for sure! It has the potential to be really interesting... shame John Murray saw Scotty as too big a risk, but this fight is no walk in the park for an older comebacking Scotty, thats for sure.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #56
scotchpieirnbru
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Glad to finally hear an opponent announced. I take it this fella is fit and ready to go then?

I honestly was beginning to think that it was off as i heard off a relative the other day when i came up the road for the Scotland v Serbia and Macedonia games that he saw photies on facebook, apparently taken a week after his comeback fight, ****ed out his head in Glasgow city centre. How true that is i don't know. I just hope he can stay focused this time around.
scotchpieirnbru is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #57
scotchpieirnbru
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Just looked on Boxrec, the guys wins have pretty much all been by points, so obviously not a big hitter, but probably durable.
scotchpieirnbru is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #58
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

OK, so now the Sun newspaper is reporting today that Scotty will fight against an as yet unnamed fighter on the undercard, wtf
Old 09-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #59
sgtcecil
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
OK, so now the Sun newspaper is reporting today that Scotty will fight against an as yet unnamed fighter on the undercard, wtf
Saw that myself. Really hope he gets someone that has enough notice to make it at least competitive!
sgtcecil is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum