Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 09-13-2012, 06:08 AM   #31
CrimsonBeast
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anderson Silva vs Stephan Bonnar to headline UFC 153

what the **** is going on!!?? That's a shit main event. bring back pride of MMA will go underground
CrimsonBeast is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2012, 06:25 AM   #32
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

Reminds me of some of the lesser Pride main events. Still it gives one of the sport's superstars another chance to shine and that's always a good thing. What if the unthinkable occurred and Stephan Bonnar of all people pulled off the upset?

I for one think there is an untapped market for MMA freakshow fights in the States. If I had the capital I would start an org myself. Anyone independently wealthy out there want to play Fertita to my Dana White?
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #33
afterglow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

People need to STFU with this mma is dead garbage.

Eat shit and die.

Someone had to fight to save the show, and the best MMA fighter on the planet stepped up to the plate and took a fight 20 pounds up from his own weight class on short notice. And we don't even know if he's in shape.

Bow down bitches.

Also, adding Big Nog to any card = goodness.
afterglow is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #34
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

were either of silva and bonner training for a fight?

dana is clutching at straws here and i suppose its better than nothing but its pretty ****ing desperate on their part

i guess his run of bad luck is karma for all his boxing is dead, we are bigger than soccer and we will be bigger than the NFL bullshit
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #35
outtieDrake
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

this has a Rocky underdog feel to it , i'm a drama queen for these kinda fights .

for once i'm gonna go for Silva's opposition.
outtieDrake is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #36
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

I think the UFC have made a master stroke here.

Spider. Well, he's a bigger name than Aldo to casuals. He's a bigger name in Brazil.

Bonnar. Easy to make a highlight reel. He's huge as tough so a blank canvas for Spider to paint a masterpiece on. He's known to casuals for the Griffin fight and it'll be easy to make a highlight reel for him.

Big Nog. Loved. Loved in Brazil. Pee Wee is always fun but easy to hit and easy to read. If he does somehow decide to utilise his wrestling he gets subbed. If he stands, he probably gets beat up. He is not Schaub in the chin department though IMO, but not unbreakable either. But he's game. The Brazilian fans will love this I'm sure and it'll be entertaining enough on TV.

Maldonado Vs Glover is a very goodnight IMO. Maldonado is nails, his ground game is a work in progress but his boxing is excellent, he's a great body puncher, and I felt he beat Kingsbury and...who was it, Phillipou? Well, he had an argument there. Glover likes to bang with the right hand, well here he's got another Brazilian happy to indulge him.

Okay it's not the short notice 'super fight' we were gonna' get but it will work for the UFC in terms of $$$'s.

Oh, and Silva fighting at 205 again might just MIGHT remind him how good he is there and convince him to aim for the super fight we really wanna' see. Highly unlikely mind you.

Shogun doesn't want to fight Glover. Let him rest up in time for Gustaffson, better fight for both men.

Essentially short notice exhibitions of two of the UFC's most loved fighters in their home country. Still WAY more intriguing than Wandy-Silva card. So I'm happy.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #37
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBeast View Post
what the **** is going on!!?? That's a shit main event. bring back pride of MMA will go underground
You're right I wanna' see PRIDE FC guys in random squash matches. Give me Anderson Silva and Big Nog...oh, wait.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #38
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawSlayer View Post
were either of silva and bonner training for a fight?

dana is clutching at straws here and i suppose its better than nothing but its pretty ****ing desperate on their part

i guess his run of bad luck is karma for all his boxing is dead, we are bigger than soccer and we will be bigger than the NFL bullshit
Bonnar has been training, tweeted a pic' of he and Bautista the other day, so probably doesn't have long to cycle now
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #39
CrimsonBeast
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
You're right I wanna' see PRIDE FC guys in random squash matches. Give me Anderson Silva and Big Nog...oh, wait.
Silva wasn't even on my radar while he was in pride (I only knew of him because of that sub from chonan) and big nog is ready to retire. Sure there was squash matches but, they had so many healthy superstars it never went this long without a good fight
Old 09-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #40
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Hey, I was only jesting. Everyone moans when Bones doesn't step in or a top heavy card falls to pieces but we're getting the P4P no.1, a decent test for Glover (you'd think) and they had tried to bring Edgar-Aldo, a genuine 'super fight' to us.

They've done well considering there's only a few weeks left IMO. What feasible matchup would you have preferred?
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #41
CrimsonBeast
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Hey, I was only jesting. Everyone moans when Bones doesn't step in or a top heavy card falls to pieces but we're getting the P4P no.1, a decent test for Glover (you'd think) and they had tried to bring Edgar-Aldo, a genuine 'super fight' to us.

They've done well considering there's only a few weeks left IMO. What feasible matchup would you have preferred?
I don't see one and that's the scary part maybe the medical coverage or roids busts do have something to do with the sudden rise in card destroying injuries.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #42
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

Quote:
Bonnar has been training, tweeted a pic' of he and Bautista the other day, so probably doesn't have long to cycle now
was he due to fight anyone?? if he didnt have anything in the pipeline and was training hard he could very well piss dirty
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #43
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawSlayer View Post
was he due to fight anyone?? if he didnt have anything in the pipeline and was training hard he could very well piss dirty
Not that I know of. Last I heard, he was thinking about retiring. I think he wanted to fight Forrest one more time and then call it a day.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 09:40 PM   #44
globeman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1300

Stephan Bonnar by KO within first minute.
globeman is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #45
Rattler
R.I.P. - George Jones
ESB Addict

They want to feed Silva a nice win in Brazil.

Bonnar has no business fighting a champion, even a guy moving up from his weight.

I'd rather see Weidman vs. the Spider.
Rattler is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum