Old 09-13-2012, 07:22 AM   #17
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765
Default Re: Geale wouldn't draw ten people in USA - Freddie Roach

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
Earl has a good 10000 posts between all his accounts in under a few years, he wouldn't have time for the pub. He just sits at home rubbing over topless pics of his hero Joe calzaghe...

His he sadest cunt on these boards. Hovering between the general, aussie and British forums like a lost dog ranting and raving. No kiwi forum to contain him and his alter egos.
yeah, but still I think a fair few people in the States knew who Joe was, as he'd exposed one of their most Hyped in Lacy and had also been on (HBO) against an arguable crossover star in Manfredo (i know he sucks but he was very well known at that stage), and also the Kessler unification (HBO), both in front of 70,000 people in the Millenium

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

He was also P4P #2 at that stage

you can't really compare him to Geale who SD'd a WAY past prime Sturm who people stopped caring about 10 years ago, in germany, has not been on American TV, lost to a past prime Anthony Mundine, and outside of that has not been seen outside of Australia, and is not even the #1 in his own division

sorry about that, i wish i could tell you Geale is comparible to Joe Calzaghe, i really do.

I so want you to like me
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 07:58 AM   #18
swilson120
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Yeah I'd say u r the most hated pathetic cunt in the Aussie forum
Madmancnt !!
swilson120 is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #19
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilson120 View Post
Yeah I'd say u r the most hated pathetic cunt in the Aussie forum
Madmancnt !!
Good!
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #20
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Personally I don't see Geale fighting either of Chavez Jr or Martinez because even though he has 2 belts no one really knows him yet on a large scale and the Martinez-Chavez winner will want a bigger money fight which Geale isn't.

But people will say "Geale has 2 belts and it can be a unification fight". Sorry but the average sports fan now understand boxing as a joke where there are a million different belt holders per division, what they know is the main names of boxing and Geale isn't one of them.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #21
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 210

Chavez going to the hospital once Maravilla finishes with him so Geale dont need to worry about fighting him.
Rise Above is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #22
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1640

Sorry,but as a North American boxing fan,I don't know of Geale either,except for his recent win over Sturm.Don't get upset with Freddie,he's just telling the truth,Geale wouldn't draw flies.Your other "star" fighter Mundine barely sold 200 tickets in his Vegas fight recently and they were giving away free tickets that only a few picked up to make it look good for tv purposes.Geale is going to have to make it the hard way-by fighting "name" American fighters in the US on the undercard of bigger attractions.He must introduce himself to the American public to get noticed.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #23
JSA

vCash: 500

As an Aussie boxing fan I am just simply very happy with the fact that we have a genuine champion fighting under our flag who has already been prepared to go overseas twice to win titles. He has done it with class. Good on him. And the fact he is going to the big fight this weekend and showing his presence is great- see what comes of it!!. No doubt so many will jump on the bandwagon and slag him off as nothing.Fark em.I mean making an appearance implicating strongly that he is more than prepared to make a unifiaction stoush happen- what mores the bloke gotta do. I just figure him to be a slow burn type media wise-keeps winning he will get the exposure and think he is managed well enough to ensure he wont retire poor.
Is he Calzaghe- no. But then he has been to the lions den twice for titles and big fights in that country(=European exposure and yes there are countries other than America) and won.In their comparative stage in careers ,Geale, in terms of results is far ahead.Would you suggest Joe C. was "known" in America at the point Geale currently finds himself at fights wise?
The fact that Roach has mentioned I think is good even if it wasnt flattering!! At the end of the day its publicity. Do you honestly think without the springboard Choc had with his league career that he would have gotten to where he did in boxing as fast(ie big fights, big money)?
JSA is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #24
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcity View Post
Sorry,but as a North American boxing fan,I don't know of Geale either,except for his recent win over Sturm.Don't get upset with Freddie,he's just telling the truth,Geale wouldn't draw flies.Your other "star" fighter Mundine barely sold 200 tickets in his Vegas fight recently and they were giving away free tickets that only a few picked up to make it look good for tv purposes.Geale is going to have to make it the hard way-by fighting "name" American fighters in the US on the undercard of bigger attractions.He must introduce himself to the American public to get noticed.
Agree 100 % mate sadly that's why Calzaghe had to smash up poor old Manfreado despite taking the IBF title and Lacys lips two fights before , truth is Peter was more well known than Lacy despite Jeff holding a trinket that was beyond Manfreado . It's the yank way .

Last edited by JOSEY WALES; 09-13-2012 at 02:01 PM.
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #25
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSA View Post
As an Aussie boxing fan I am just simply very happy with the fact that we have a genuine champion fighting under our flag who has already been prepared to go overseas twice to win titles. He has done it with class. Good on him. And the fact he is going to the big fight this weekend and showing his presence is great- see what comes of it!!. No doubt so many will jump on the bandwagon and slag him off as nothing.Fark em.I mean making an appearance implicating strongly that he is more than prepared to make a unifiaction stoush happen- what mores the bloke gotta do. I just figure him to be a slow burn type media wise-keeps winning he will get the exposure and think he is managed well enough to ensure he wont retire poor.
Is he Calzaghe- no. But then he has been to the lions den twice for titles and big fights in that country(=European exposure and yes there are countries other than America) and won.In their comparative stage in careers ,Geale, in terms of results is far ahead.Would you suggest Joe C. was "known" in America at the point Geale currently finds himself at fights wise?
The fact that Roach has mentioned I think is good even if it wasnt flattering!! At the end of the day its publicity. Do you honestly think without the springboard Choc had with his league career that he would have gotten to where he did in boxing as fast(ie big fights, big money)?
Mundine got the money fights because he suffered [and still does] from "Delusions of granduer" He was never as good a footballer as he believed he was...and rather than respect the judgement of his peers and the selectors ...he continually played the "Race Card"

The same applied to his Boxing. He was not as good as he believed he was (I say "was" because he is well and truly past it and on the downward slide) and still he played/plays the "Race" card.

The fact of the matter is that if Mundine wasn't such a big mouthed racist cunt ...nobody would be the least bit interested.

Mundine is slipping down the slippery slide towards total anonymity and his fragile ego can't handle it. He has no "LEGACY" and never will have.

Watch for even more outrageous statements from Mundine as he struggles to come to terms with the fact that nobody cares any more...and few ever did.

The majority who watched Mundine fights watched them to see him beaten...but his preponderance to search Retirement Villages for ex boxers... and the internet... for Argie Cab Drivers who were absolute shite...resulted in less and less interest in him...his antics and his fights.

The fact is that Mundine was never as good at either Rugby League or Boxing as he believed he was.

He leaves no real Legacy in either sport because he was never one of the greats.

Mundine will leave the sport with a pocket full of dollars... a few hangers on (some of whom will drift away when the money and attention dries up) and precious little else.

One thing that Mundine craves is respect. It has eluded him and it always will.

Last edited by oztriker; 09-13-2012 at 03:00 PM.
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #26
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
yeah, but still I think a fair few people in the States knew who Joe was, as he'd exposed one of their most Hyped in Lacy and had also been on (HBO) against an arguable crossover star in Manfredo (i know he sucks but he was very well known at that stage), and also the Kessler unification (HBO), both in front of 70,000 people in the Millenium

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

He was also P4P #2 at that stage

you can't really compare him to Geale who SD'd a WAY past prime Sturm who people stopped caring about 10 years ago, in germany, has not been on American TV, lost to a past prime Anthony Mundine, and outside of that has not been seen outside of Australia, and is not even the #1 in his own division

sorry about that, i wish i could tell you Geale is comparible to Joe Calzaghe, i really do.

I so want you to like me
I dont think 1% of the yank population knew who Joe was. That way past his prime Sturm took it two your boys Baker and Murry and your still butthut about it, your post on the pommy forum made that clear.

That pic of Joe you posted is the one you bat off to every night you tripper. Your the laughing stock of these boards. Nobody takes you seriously and that should be enough of a reason to start another account to make a fresh start but you would be found out pretty fast anyway.

There is no poster of the same ilk as you. It's clear as day your delusional and a real life loser. How many posts under all your accounts combined? would be over 10,000 in under 2 years easily. You need a life
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #27
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
This is news? For an 'ex' Mundine fan you're on a bit of a crusade against his rivals
TC is back in mundines nutsack. hence the hate campaign against geale.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #28
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

Ty must of got felt up and tickled...
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #29
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

morons, i dont hate Geale.. i bet u think Froach hates him also? fcking paranoyed bches stop smoking the crack and get back to reality.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #30
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

do you sell drugs ty?
swingin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum