Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Was this an impressive performance by Povetkin?
It was impressive 10 52.63%
I was unimpressed 8 42.11%
I can't tell 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2008, 06:23 PM   #16
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Povetkin - Chambers - YOUR SCORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxeo#1
Chambers even stunned povetkin slightly a few times
Say what? Are you sure we are talking about the same fight?

The fight I've seen on my big screen and perfect quality live TV broadcast the only man who was close of being stunned was Chambers in the 11th. He caught Sacha with a big one a few times early but Povetkin was never stunned.
BigBone is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2008, 06:28 PM   #17
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

Povetkin looked a bit banged up at the end though, right?
DamonD is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2008, 06:31 PM   #18
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict

vCash: 4511

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBone
Say what? Are you sure we are talking about the same fight?

The fight I've seen on my big screen and perfect quality live TV broadcast the only man who was close of being stunned was Chambers in the 11th. He caught Sacha with a big one a few times early but Povetkin was never stunned.
Why you have to talk like I am against you or something, jeez. I am happy for Povetkin and he deserved the win.

I said stunned SLIGHTLY. It was in like round 9 or something, he hit povetkin a few times and because povetkin was so tired he kind of was a little of balance.
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2008, 06:40 PM   #19
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict

Quote:
Any veteran boxing fans would've said that it's gonna be a tricky match and a hard-fought victory, myself included, and I've said that before the fight. But it was hard-fought until the 6th and that was that. Povetkin stepped up the pace like a great boxer and it was over for Fast Eddie.

Povetkin got caught because he met a VERY FAST boxer in Chambers who picked his shot very well. Maybe he has some issues with his defense but if you saw the fight, as it progressed, he really started to read Chambers style as he's a quite intelligent boxer so Eddies efficiency dropped terribly. In the 2nd half of the fight I didn't see any defensive problems. He out-landed Chambers clearly.

Yeah, he got caught a few times in the 3 clear Chambers rounds but Hopkins’ got caught by Taylor in their fight so WTF with that? Getting caught by a fast, undefeated fighter, the best prospect the USA can offer is forbidden or what?

Russian-schooled fighters are rarely impressive unless they perform a KO but they are VERY EFFECTIVE at the same time. As I see most of the public will NEVER understand that. It was a dominant victory except 3 rounds. And it was impressive.
Well apparently you are a very big fan of sasha as it appears and that is no problem as I also like him.
However you say that you are a veteran boxing fan, but you only mention things that Povetkin did do to win the fight but no things about what chambers didn't do.

If chambers did the whole fight what he did in rounds 1-3 then it would've been a f**king close and exciting fight. Chambers just fell asleep from round three on.
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #20
BigBone
ESB Addict

Sorry man, didn't want to insult you. Just was shocked that someone saw Povetkin stunned and didn't see (or didn't mention) Chambers in the same situation.

I see these topics coming referring to Povetkin how he's gonna get raped, butcherd, buried, dig out and reraped by Wlad on the same night (but name one fighter who wouldn't). It was an impressive victory against a speedy, tricky, undefeated fighter, the best prospect the USA can offer.

No offense.
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2008, 06:47 PM   #21
BigBone
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxeo#1
If chambers did the whole fight what he did in rounds 1-3 then it would've been a f**king close and exciting fight. Chambers just fell asleep from round three on.
If Oscar would've thrown more jabs... If...

I disagree because Povetkin DIDN'T LET Chambers fight his fight. It's that simple.

(and I'm far from beeing a Sacha fan)
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2008, 06:48 PM   #22
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
117-113 povetkin
sounds good.
unitas is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2008, 06:52 PM   #23
BigBone
ESB Addict

For those who'll watch the HBO telecast...

Can you copy the punch stats here after the fight?

Thank you very much!
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2008, 06:53 PM   #24
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict

Quote:
Sorry man, didn't want to insult you. Just was shocked that someone saw Povetkin stunned and didn't see (or didn't mention) Chambers in the same situation.

I see these topics coming referring to Povetkin how he's gonna get raped, butcherd, buried, dig out and reraped by Wlad on the same night (but name one fighter who wouldn't). It was an impressive victory against a speedy, tricky, undefeated fighter, the best prospect the USA can offer.

No offense.
Ok, peace, no problem. Yes it was a nice performance.

No stunned wasn't the right word, he was just (very) tired and a bit shaky when chambers' punches landed on him.
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2008, 06:56 PM   #25
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict

Quote:
If Oscar would've thrown more jabs... If...

I disagree because Povetkin DIDN'T LET Chambers fight his fight. It's that simple.

(and I'm far from beeing a Sacha fan)
Is maybe true for a part. But if Chambers wanted to throw more punches he could'ved.
That's why I say it's not only about what povetkin did, but also about what chambers did not do.
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2008, 07:01 PM   #26
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

Quote:
Povetkin got caught because he met a VERY FAST boxer in Chambers who picked his shot very well. Maybe he has some issues with his defense but if you saw the fight, as it progressed, he really started to read Chambers style as he's a quite intelligent boxer so Eddies efficiency dropped terribly. In the 2nd half of the fight I didn't see any defensive problems. He out-landed Chambers clearly.
I have to disagree with that part. Povetkin didn't adapt at all. Chambers got tired and dramatically downed his workrate, which caused Povetkin to bank rounds purely on workrate. His pressure got him the win; it was a good win because Chambers is hard to fight. But i don't think he had him figured out, technically. I think if they were to rematch, he'd have the same problems during the first half.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2008, 07:03 PM   #27
Jens S
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Povetkin 117-111.

Jens
Jens S is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2008, 07:08 PM   #28
jaffay
New Orleans Hornets
ESB Addict

vCash: 215

Not bad fight, many clean shots and no clinching. Povetkin was more agressive and Chambers was only counterpunching. Afer the fight Povetkin looked very tired, he also looked more hurt, he gave more from himself than Chambers who wasn't so active. In the last round Chambers corner told him that he has to KO Povetkin but he didn't do nothing, just kept his hands high
jaffay is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2008, 07:24 PM   #29
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPontius
I have to disagree with that part. Povetkin didn't adapt at all. Chambers got tired and dramatically downed his workrate, which caused Povetkin to bank rounds purely on workrate. His pressure got him the win; it was a good win because Chambers is hard to fight. But i don't think he had him figured out, technically. I think if they were to rematch, he'd have the same problems during the first half.
But the strange thing is from what??!!

So I think he was not tired at all but he just doesn't have any fighting spirit Even in the last rounds he didn't do anything. Embarassing.
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2008, 07:29 PM   #30
probert

Lock this thread. The "YOUR SCORE" in the title gives it away that there was no KO.
probert is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum