Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Aussies invade las vegas

AUSSIES INVADE LAS VEGAS
Australia's Unified Middleweight Champion Daniel Geale
and Top Contender Joel Brunker to be Present at
Chavez Jr. vs. Martinez Showdown in Las Vegas

September 11, 2012 - Gary Shaw Productions newly crowded unified WBA and IBF middleweight champion, Daniel "Real Deal" Geale (29-1, 15 KOs), is scheduled to arrive in Las Vegas this week to be ringside at the September 15, 2012, Julio Chavez Jr. (46-0-1, 32 KOs) vs. Sergio Martinez (48-2-2, 28 KOs) showdown, taking place at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Geale, coming off his most impressive victory where he dethroned Germany's Felix Sturm (37-3-2, 16 KOs), is interested to see who comes out victorious between Chavez Jr. and Martinez, as a possible fight with the winner could be next for him.

"The winner of Chavez Jr. and Martinez could be my next opponent," said Daniel Geale. "I'm willing to fight the best out there and my promoter Gary Shaw is ready to make it happen. It's an interesting fight and the winner puts himself in a great position to challenge me. I never shy away from a great test and I'll be ready to go when Gary Shaw tells me who my next opponent will be."

Geale's fellow countryman, undefeated featherweight contender Joel Brunker (23-0, 13 KOs), who scheduled to make his U.S. debut on October 27, 2012, will join him while they both attend fight week activities.

"I'm excited to be traveling to the United States and be present for Chavez Jr. vs. Martinez," stated Brunker. "I'll remain in the States and start my training camp in preparation for my fight scheduled for October 27th. Daniel Geale and I both want to show the United States audience what we are made of."

"I'm extremely excited to be promoting the best fighters out of Australia," Shaw said. "Grange Old School Gym has been fantastic working with me and Daniel Geale, and it's been a pleasure working with Angelo DiCarlo with Joel Brunker. The future looks bright for my company being that we have a great working relationship with all the top talent from the land down under."
# # #

Mario Serrano
Publicist - Gary Shaw Production
Da Voice is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346
Default Re: Aussies invade las vegas

wont get too excited until they get Geale in the ring after the winner is announced, if they do that then ill be impressed, if they dont then it shows that Shaw hasnt seized an oppertunity. Just being at the fight isnt enough, he must show his presence, hopefully the commentators point him out but dont hold your breath as apparently only 10 people in USA know who Geale is lol
TCboxa is online now  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 07:11 AM   #3
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

tc why so passive aggresive?
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 07:11 AM   #4
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Voice View Post
AUSSIES INVADE LAS VEGAS

Australia's Unified Middleweight Champion Daniel Geale

and Top Contender Joel Brunker to be Present at

Chavez Jr. vs. Martinez Showdown in Las Vegas

September 11, 2012 - Gary Shaw Productions newly crowded unified WBA and IBF middleweight champion, Daniel "Real Deal" Geale (29-1, 15 KOs), is scheduled to arrive in Las Vegas this week to be ringside at the September 15, 2012, Julio Chavez Jr. (46-0-1, 32 KOs) vs. Sergio Martinez (48-2-2, 28 KOs) showdown, taking place at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Geale, coming off his most impressive victory where he dethroned Germany's Felix Sturm (37-3-2, 16 KOs), is interested to see who comes out victorious between Chavez Jr. and Martinez, as a possible fight with the winner could be next for him.

"The winner of Chavez Jr. and Martinez could be my next opponent," said Daniel Geale. "I'm willing to fight the best out there and my promoter Gary Shaw is ready to make it happen. It's an interesting fight and the winner puts himself in a great position to challenge me. I never shy away from a great test and I'll be ready to go when Gary Shaw tells me who my next opponent will be."

Geale's fellow countryman, undefeated featherweight contender Joel Brunker (23-0, 13 KOs), who scheduled to make his U.S. debut on October 27, 2012, will join him while they both attend fight week activities.

"I'm excited to be traveling to the United States and be present for Chavez Jr. vs. Martinez," stated Brunker. "I'll remain in the States and start my training camp in preparation for my fight scheduled for October 27th. Daniel Geale and I both want to show the United States audience what we are made of."

"I'm extremely excited to be promoting the best fighters out of Australia," Shaw said. "Grange Old School Gym has been fantastic working with me and Daniel Geale, and it's been a pleasure working with Angelo DiCarlo with Joel Brunker. The future looks bright for my company being that we have a great working relationship with all the top talent from the land down under."

# # #

Mario Serrano

Publicist - Gary Shaw Production
....Real Deal.....
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #5
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoctor View Post
tc why so passive aggresive?
Im willing to state the obvise, call it what you will
Old 09-13-2012, 08:02 AM   #6
swilson120
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Mayweather snr in ring with mundine was cringing
Hope if dan does go in it works in his favour
swilson120 is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #7
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2203

Gary Shaw,the fat ****,is probably one of the worst promoters in the US to get involved with.Good luck,Geale,your going to need it.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #8
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Gary made sure the judges in Germany gave Geale a fair shake on both occasions against Sylvester and Sturm so imo he is doing a world of good for Geale's career.

Had he entered the ring with Anglo Hyder as his promotor you can pretty much bet you house he would have been robbed.
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #9
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Not typically a big Gary Shaw fan but can't fault the way Geale has been handled so far, although that may change.

Daniel Geale deserves to be ringside regardless if he goes into the ring or not.
kel is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #10
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
Not typically a big Gary Shaw fan but can't fault the way Geale has been handled so far, although that may change.

Daniel Geale deserves to be ringside regardless if he goes into the ring or not.
He has the other 2 titles needed to unify the division, would hope they have him ringside and would hope the commentators wanna have a talk to him, would do wonders for his PR in USA.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #11
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
He has the other 2 titles needed to unify the division, would hope they have him ringside and would hope the commentators wanna have a talk to him, would do wonders for his PR in USA.
can you get reception from mundines anus TC?
swingin is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #12
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 09-14-2012, 01:08 AM   #13
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Needs to jump in the ring with the belts around his chest saying he's the real champ
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2012, 01:23 AM   #14
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP_Mauler View Post
Needs to jump in the ring with the belts around his chest saying he's the real champ
That's what i'm hopeing to see

But just scratch the real champ bizz. Sergio is the real champ, daniel is just the 2nd in line
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #15
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP_Mauler View Post

.....and that would be world wide expo$$$ure .....
boxoncottonon is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum