boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
primus
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 34
vCash: 1000
Default Erislandy Lara

When do you think he's ready for a world title fight or would you rather see him fight a few well known LMWs like Verno Phillips or Winky and how long would you wait to put him competitively in with Pwill, Angulo or Spinx?
primus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
CharlieGarbs
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Croydon
Posts: 927
vCash: 75
Default Re: Erislandy Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by primus View Post
When do you think he's ready for a world title fight or would you rather see him fight a few well known LMWs like Verno Phillips or Winky and how long would you wait to put him competitively in with Pwill, Angulo or Spinx?
I don't think he's ready for a world title just yet. Give him a little more time. He still needs to fight a few more varied style of fighters, as I believe a pressure fighter with a good chin will cause him all sorts of problems.
CharlieGarbs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico
Posts: 15,035
vCash: 75
Default Re: Erislandy Lara

duno. he bashed ricky hatton in sparring for the manny fight. then floyd snr sacked him
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


Old 10-19-2009, 03:17 AM   #4
No10Point
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,103
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Erislandy Lara

He needs a bit more time.

He does have a good amateur background. I like his style.
No10Point is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:35 AM   #5
Thatman
No respond troll pactards
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,872
vCash: 500
Default Re: Erislandy Lara

bump
Thatman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:39 AM   #6
haworths623
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,378
vCash: 931
Default Re: Erislandy Lara

He's ready.

He definatly beat Trout and Bundrage. Probably Canelo too. Not Mayweather but he'd give him hell.
haworths623 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:50 AM   #7
TheRat
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,815
vCash: 75
Default Re: Erislandy Lara

Love Lara, but he comes off lazy to me.
TheRat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:00 AM   #8
Jordan_Davies
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,162
vCash: 18000
Default Re: Erislandy Lara

He's ready now

He fought a difficult fight with Carlos Molina and came out with a draw
He learned why you shouldn't leave the fight in the judges hands
and he proved he can finish someone when he has them hurt

People have been bagging on him for the Hernandez fight but sometimes you just need to be able to keep busy and go rounds.

There's a reason why Canelo kept avoiding him

Alvarez was scheduled to fight Paul Williams who robbed Lara of a win in a WBC Final eliminator so when Paul Williams was injured in the motor cycle accident and had to pull out (hopefully he makes a full recovery) then Erislandy Lara should have been first choice to take on Canelo however Victor Ortiz was somehow chosen to be Canelo's next choice of opponent should he get past Josesito Lopez down at Welterweight . . . . but of course we all know how that ended.

So with Josesito Lopez upsetting Victor Ortiz coming up from junior welterweight (which was an ironic twist of fate considering how Victor Ortiz made his Welterweight debut by upsetting Berto by coming up in weight) somehow Lopez has now been chosen to replace Ortiz despite now having to come up in weight again being a career 140 lb'er whilst Lara is looked over once again and thrown into another Final eliminator against a guy who doesnt want to fight him either.

The champions at Junior Middleweight are :

Saul Alvarez (fighting Josesito Lopez) - WBC
Austin Trout (fighting Miguel Cotto) - WBA
Zaurbek Baysangurov (fighting Lukas Konecny) - WBO
Cornelius Bundrage (fighting Andre Berto) IBF
James Kirkland - WBC Continental Americas title (Also fought in a WBC Final Elim)

From what ive seen Lara could handle any of the champions and their opponents outside of Miguel Cotto and he should be champion now if not for Boxing politics.
Jordan_Davies is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:03 AM   #9
haworths623
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,378
vCash: 931
Default Re: Erislandy Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_Davies View Post
He's ready now

He fought a difficult fight with Carlos Molina and came out with a draw
He learned why you shouldn't leave the fight in the judges hands
and he proved he can finish someone when he has them hurt

People have been bagging on him for the Hernandez fight but sometimes you just need to be able to keep busy and go rounds.

There's a reason why Canelo kept avoiding him

Alvarez was scheduled to fight Paul Williams who robbed Lara of a win in a WBC Final eliminator so when Paul Williams was injured in the motor cycle accident and had to pull out (hopefully he makes a full recovery) then Erislandy Lara should have been first choice to take on Canelo however Victor Ortiz was somehow chosen to be Canelo's next choice of opponent should he get past Josesito Lopez down at Welterweight . . . . but of course we all know how that ended.

So with Josesito Lopez upsetting Victor Ortiz coming up from junior welterweight (which was an ironic twist of fate considering how Victor Ortiz made his Welterweight debut by upsetting Berto by coming up in weight) somehow Lopez has now been chosen to replace Ortiz despite now having to come up in weight again being a career 140 lb'er whilst Lara is looked over once again and thrown into another Final eliminator against a guy who doesnt want to fight him either.

The champions at Junior Middleweight are :

Saul Alvarez (fighting Josesito Lopez) - WBC
Austin Trout (fighting Miguel Cotto) - WBA
Zaurbek Baysangurov (fighting Lukas Konecny) - WBO
Cornelius Bundrage (fighting Andre Berto) IBF
James Kirkland - WBC Continental Americas title (Also fought in a WBC Final Elim)

From what ive seen Lara could handle any of the champions and their opponents outside of Miguel Cotto and he should be champion now if not for Boxing politics.
I think Lara's main problem is if he doesn't hurt someone early, he stops trying and tries to box it out.
haworths623 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:05 AM   #10
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London
Posts: 6,488
vCash: 412
Default Re: Erislandy Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_Davies View Post
He's ready now

He fought a difficult fight with Carlos Molina and came out with a draw
He learned why you shouldn't leave the fight in the judges hands
and he proved he can finish someone when he has them hurt

People have been bagging on him for the Hernandez fight but sometimes you just need to be able to keep busy and go rounds.

There's a reason why Canelo kept avoiding him

Alvarez was scheduled to fight Paul Williams who robbed Lara of a win in a WBC Final eliminator so when Paul Williams was injured in the motor cycle accident and had to pull out (hopefully he makes a full recovery) then Erislandy Lara should have been first choice to take on Canelo however Victor Ortiz was somehow chosen to be Canelo's next choice of opponent should he get past Josesito Lopez down at Welterweight . . . . but of course we all know how that ended.

So with Josesito Lopez upsetting Victor Ortiz coming up from junior welterweight (which was an ironic twist of fate considering how Victor Ortiz made his Welterweight debut by upsetting Berto by coming up in weight) somehow Lopez has now been chosen to replace Ortiz despite now having to come up in weight again being a career 140 lb'er whilst Lara is looked over once again and thrown into another Final eliminator against a guy who doesnt want to fight him either.

The champions at Junior Middleweight are :

Saul Alvarez (fighting Josesito Lopez) - WBC
Austin Trout (fighting Miguel Cotto) - WBA
Zaurbek Baysangurov (fighting Lukas Konecny) - WBO
Cornelius Bundrage (fighting Andre Berto) IBF
James Kirkland - WBC Continental Americas title (Also fought in a WBC Final Elim)

From what ive seen Lara could handle any of the champions and their opponents outside of Miguel Cotto and he should be champion now if not for Boxing politics.
i think he could just about decision Cotto, hes too fresh
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:16 AM   #11
Skilletscuz
mma champ Ronda Rousey
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fighting emo retards with logic
Posts: 2,781
vCash: 75
Default Re: Erislandy Lara

He's ready now....

I dont think he's going to get much better technically. He can step up his workrate and that would round him off good as an A caliber fighter....

The only way he will lose if someone outworks him....
Skilletscuz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:17 AM   #12
Jordan_Davies
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,162
vCash: 18000
Default Re: Erislandy Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by haworths623 View Post
I think Lara's main problem is if he doesn't hurt someone early, he stops trying and tries to box it out.
Maybe a small problem yes, but that shouldnt effect him getting a title shot

Fact is the entire boxing world knows Paul Williams did not win the fight hence why instead of going straight into a fight with Canelo he fought Nobuhiro Ishida instead to look better and sell the fight easier whilst Alvarez made money from Mosley cashing out.

But then again it is the WBC were talking about here and the entire history of the belt at 154 in the last few years :

First Sergio Martinez got screwed out of a knockout win against Kermit Cintron

Then Manny Pacquiao somehow gets a shot at the vacant belt at a catchweight of 150 against Margarito who wasnt ranked due to his suspension and his last fight being at 147

And now we have Canelo Alvarez

The fighter who won the belt because he is a mexican with ginger hair

Won the belt against a fighter not ranked even at welterweight where he campaigned

Defended it against a 35 year old british fighter

A guy who's last big name win was against a former lightweight

another guy who was 3-2-1 in his last 6 fights (3-3 unofficially)

and then a 40 year old who was 2-3-1 in his last 6 fights

Now hes defending it against a ****ing junior welterweight . . . . .
Jordan_Davies is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:22 AM   #13
haworths623
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,378
vCash: 931
Default Re: Erislandy Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_Davies View Post
Maybe a small problem yes, but that shouldnt effect him getting a title shot

Fact is the entire boxing world knows Paul Williams did not win the fight hence why instead of going straight into a fight with Canelo he fought Nobuhiro Ishida instead to look better and sell the fight easier whilst Alvarez made money from Mosley cashing out.

But then again it is the WBC were talking about here and the entire history of the belt at 154 in the last few years :

First Sergio Martinez got screwed out of a knockout win against Kermit Cintron

Then Manny Pacquiao somehow gets a shot at the vacant belt at a catchweight of 150 against Margarito who wasnt ranked due to his suspension and his last fight being at 147

And now we have Canelo Alvarez

The fighter who won the belt because he is a mexican with ginger hair

Won the belt against a fighter not ranked even at welterweight where he campaigned

Defended it against a 35 year old british fighter

A guy who's last big name win was against a former lightweight

another guy who was 3-2-1 in his last 6 fights (3-3 unofficially)

and then a 40 year old who was 2-3-1 in his last 6 fights

Now hes defending it against a ****ing junior welterweight . . . . .

I'm not as unimpressed by what Canelo did as you are (for the reckon I thought he'd wiin but have a much harder time with Rhodes, Cintron and Mosley and beat them all easily), but I get the message0 the belt is a joke.
haworths623 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:21 AM   #14
Jordan_Davies
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,162
vCash: 18000
Default Re: Erislandy Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by haworths623 View Post
I'm not as unimpressed by what Canelo did as you are (for the reckon I thought he'd wiin but have a much harder time with Rhodes, Cintron and Mosley and beat them all easily), but I get the message0 the belt is a joke.
Well until he fights one of these fighters then i refuse to believe any of the hype surrounding him because hes a ****ing ginger

Erislandy Lara
James Kirkland
Alfredo Angulo
Miguel Cotto
Austin Trout
Cornelius Bundrage

Instead were going to get the usual garbage of tomato cans and bums from lower weight classes who dont have a chance. obviously they know Josesito cant win from sparring him
Jordan_Davies is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:35 AM   #15
Nopporn
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,717
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Erislandy Lara

He should fight Golovkin.
Nopporn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015