Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-16-2012, 06:46 AM   #391
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Hernandez/Ross, Alvarez/Lopez & Martinez/Chavez RbR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
How is it a 'great' performance when you nearly get knocked out in the first round against a guy who is apparently levels below you that you've dominated for 11 rounds?
Oh come on...
dftaylor is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #392
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

If Chavez wasn't holding an extra 20-30 pounds Martinez would have tore him to shreads.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 09-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #393
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

I only watched it this morning but seems a lot of you had a fear of it being a draw...I guess thats how us boxing fans are these days. Was it the crimetime commentary that led to this belief? It was so clearly a wide wide UD that there was no it was going to be a draw at all, 0 chance, zip yet many fans are still cynical. I did watch the HBO though, so dunno what benny et al were spouting on crimetime
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 09-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #394
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835

Completely dominant from Sergio until that last round. Didn't let he size become a factor at all. Fair play to Jr he kept going and it almost paid off was a cracking shot to start it off just put everything into that hayemaker. I don't think he realised how much he had hurt him until he got him on the ropes.

Great night of fights as well.

Also just watched Macklin, good win but that was the strangest start to a fight I've seen. Alcine looked like he didn't know he was in a fight until the ref called it off. Slowly walking round the ring waiting for a beating
LHL is offline  Top
Old 09-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #395
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

How did Rigondeaux look last night, I missed it? Heard he got wobbled a few times.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #396
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
How did Rigondeaux look last night, I missed it? Heard he got wobbled a few times.
From what i saw he looked to be just doing what he had to, nothing special. Never saw him wobbled but heard about it. Doesn't bode well at all..

Maybe there's a reason why he's fighting such NABF title level operators..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 09-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #397
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

With regards to Sergio, I think he was very good last night. He stopped Chavez Jnr using his physicality. He caused that last round to happen, silly of him he didn't need to trade i think he treated Chavez Jnr with contempt in that last round.

Jnr just isn't that good, He's ok not saying he's crap but i never saw anything in him and his style that made this fight close. It was as one sided as i felt until Sergio give him a chance to save himself and he couldn't even do that. Throwing the guy to the ground when you need a stoppage. Kid is a div...

But Sergio just likes to fight, a real entertainer and love the way he fired back under pressure. He's leaky defensively and has his flaws but he's a fantastic fighter when in full flow. Considering he's late arrival into the sport it does make me beg the question how good could he of been if he took up the sport earlier?.

I would like to see more variation off the right hand, A lead and counter hook was there last night.

No rematch for me, entertaining fight yes, whilst being one sided and had it's drama yes but Chavez Jnr had his chance and flopped like a pair of saggy tits.

Time for Sergio to get the big fight he deserves or face the threat of GGG.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #398
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
With regards to Sergio, I think he was very good last night. He stopped Chavez Jnr using his physicality. He caused that last round to happen, silly of him he didn't need to trade i think he treated Chavez Jnr with contempt in that last round.

Jnr just isn't that good, He's ok not saying he's crap but i never saw anything in him and his style that made this fight close. It was as one sided as i felt until Sergio give him a chance to save himself and he couldn't even do that. Throwing the guy to the ground when you need a stoppage. Kid is a div...

But Sergio just likes to fight, a real entertainer and love the way he fired back under pressure. He's leaky defensively and has his flaws but he's a fantastic fighter when in full flow. Considering he's late arrival into the sport it does make me beg the question how good could he of been if he took up the sport earlier?.

I would like to see more variation off the right hand, A lead and counter hook was there last night.

No rematch for me, entertaining fight yes, whilst being one sided and had it's drama yes but Chavez Jnr had his chance and flopped like a pair of saggy tits.

Time for Sergio to get the big fight he deserves or face the threat of GGG.
Spot on.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #399
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Thanks BA .

Can i also add people who are moaning at Chavez Jnr effort and why the last round. The guy throws punches like he's from that old playstation game Victory Boxing. He winds his hooks back and lets go. He can't punch on the move, he's not good enough and needs his man trapped by ropes.

The only time he became effective was when Sergio slowed and stood there and allowed him to throw shots. I mean this guy was being outboxed by Andy Lee. It's not that he didn't try he just isn't that good enough and Martinez was smart enough to not let it become a maul and brawl.

Martinez does however need to learn to get the job done before showboating .

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum