Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
Saccowalace
GOAT
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 390
Default Macklin vs GGG

Cracks me up to see GGG nut huggers on this board say that Macklin would be a good fight for him. But when Martinez fought him everyone said he is just fighting another euro bum

Macklin actually proved to me in his last 3 fights he is pretty decent. He beat sturm in many eyes, gave sergio some problems and won by first round KO on saturday. Just want to point out the hypocritical ***y haters on here that's all lol
Saccowalace is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #2
haworths623
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 931
Default Re: Macklin vs GGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccowalace View Post
Cracks me up to see GGG nut huggers on this board say that Macklin would be a good fight for him. But when Martinez fought him everyone said he is just fighting another euro bum

Macklin actually proved to me in his last 3 fights he is pretty decent. He beat sturm in many eyes, gave sergio some problems and won by first round KO on saturday. Just want to point out the hypocritical ***y haters on here that's all lol
Good fight and the kind that HBO would probably go for. Also a good test to see how he compares to Martinez
haworths623 is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 12:20 AM   #3
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 79

Quote:

People were just hating on The ***y One and really didn't give a **** about Macklin.

I didn't have a problem with Serg fighting Macklin. Dude was and is a legit contender and a respectable defense.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2012, 12:25 AM   #4
Saccowalace
GOAT
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 390

Macklin is a good fighter and legit top 10 MW. Better than anyone GGG or Chavez have ever fought for sure (for jr obviously before this past sat lol)

But if Martinez fights him he is a bum of course lol
Saccowalace is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 01:03 AM   #5
Jaaames
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 983

I'd wanna see Macklin/Lee... In March.... NYC...
Jaaames is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 01:22 AM   #6
Forza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

the white boy
Forza is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 01:29 AM   #7
rayhogan
Dont worry Pac, you wont
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Also besides by tko, Macklin did better vs Martinez then Chavez Jr did.
rayhogan is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 01:45 AM   #8
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Macklin is a respectable contender. Props to Martinez for fighting him and giving him an opportunity at the title even after the official loss to Sturm.
JMP is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 04:38 AM   #9
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

People are saying Macklin would be a good stay busy fight if Golovkin can't get Martinez, Geale, Pirog and it would be as Macklin is a decent contender. Now Martinez being considered the MW Champion fighting Macklin who wasn't even a top 5 MW and was coming off a loss is a completely different matter. I'm not surpised you can't see that though with Sergio's ***** blinding your vision.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 04:41 AM   #10
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 7693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaames View Post
I'd wanna see Macklin/Lee... In March.... NYC...
Hell ya, Id rather have that fight too.

HBO make these fights!!!

GGG vs Pirog
Macklin vs Lee
Chavez vs Geale

would be pretty awesome I think.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 04:42 AM   #11
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 7693

I think it would be an ok fight mainly because it would be somewhat of a measuring stick to where he is relative to martinez, sturm, ect. Doesnt always work like that obviously but that would be the gist of it.

Much rather see him fight Pirog, Chavez, or Geale.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 04:49 AM   #12
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

Quote:

The "GGG nuthuggers" actually know Macklin's quality, just like everyone else who saw him beating the no2 MW (Sturm). "GGG nuthuggers", well the core actually, is the same hardcore base that heard of Rigondeaux and Gamboa before appearing on big TV and obviously argued that Macklin is a top and dangerous opponent for Sergio.

But whatever, if Geale ducks out of the WBA belt I wouldn't mind GGG taking on Mack.
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 04:51 AM   #13
Jordan_Davies
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 18783

Actually when Sergio Martinez fought Mathew Macklin I thought it was a good fight, in fact Macklin in my eyes should have been going into this fight as the WBA Middleweight champion having beat Felix Sturm 8 rounds to 4 on my card

That being said now though Macklin was given a terribly easy fight on the Martinez/Chavez undercard and it showed in the performance. Seeing as it was Mexican independence day Macklin should have fought Gilberto Ramirez Sanchez (23-0 19 ko) if he wanted to get his hands on a Martinez rematch

GGG might walk through Macklin given his power at the weight and that Macklin might still be shaken up from the Martines knockout but it still proves to be a good fight as Macklin's best chance would be to out box GGG as he can be hit and stay away from his power. Would be a good way to see if all the Hype behind the former olympian is true and would gauge him at Middleweight compared to Martinez and Sturm
Jordan_Davies is online now  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 05:58 AM   #14
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Hell ya, Id rather have that fight too.

HBO make these fights!!!

GGG vs Pirog
Macklin vs Lee
Chavez vs Geale

would be pretty awesome I think.
Golovkin vs Geale WBA unification
Pirog vs Njikam/Quillin WBO
Macklin vs Murray/Lee

Chavez got his face broken and has multiple facial fractures. He won't be fighting anytime soon and not being able to train he'll probably get up to 220lbs or something.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 06:14 AM   #15
DanishFightfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4021

I just want to see Golovkin vs a belt holder
DanishFightfan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum