boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #1
Thatman
No respond troll pactards
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Sergio having knee surgery, and Chavez Jr. having face surgery who will rise?

With Sergio having knee surgery, and Chavez Jr. having face surgery

Who will rise up to be a solid fighter for the winner of the rematch?

Thoguhts...

Both will be out for a minimum of 6 months.
Thatman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Sergio having knee surgery, and Chavez Jr. having face surgery who will rise?

Both injuries could have serious ramifications to their respective styles. If Martinez can't move, he's ****ed. If Chavez can't block punches with his face, he's ****ed. Although, Chavez's injury is just a fracture and he's young, so it might not be that bad.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 12:45 AM   #3
Thatman
ESB Addict

Default Re: Sergio having knee surgery, and Chavez Jr. having face surgery who will rise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawk888 View Post
Both injuries could have serious ramifications to their respective styles. If Martinez can't move, he's ****ed. If Chavez can't block punches with his face, he's ****ed. Although, Chavez's injury is just a fracture and he's young, so it might not be that bad.
I think it effects the rest of his career...a repaired cheek bone is NEVER as good as original.
Thatman is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 12:46 AM   #4
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 6527

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawk888 View Post
This
kirk is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 12:47 AM   #5
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
I think it effects the rest of his career...a repaired cheek bone is NEVER as good as original.
Chavez might actually have to learn........defense!
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 12:47 AM   #6
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Is it Sergio's left knee?

That would explain why he stumbled in the 12th, (which he clearly did) giving Chavez the opportunity to crack him with those 2 lefts, for the KD.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 12:48 AM   #7
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

If they are both out for as long as some suggest, a rematch becomes less likely. JR will have a hard time coming back to 160 after a long layoff I think. And too bad for martinez too because hes a guy that likes to stay in shape, and having that kind of knee injury might effect his fitness at his age as well. He usually likes to stay active and sharp in between fights.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 12:52 AM   #8
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The WBC is pleased to announce a fight for its vacant world middleweight championship belt between Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and Paulie "The Magic Man" Malignaggi for Cinco de Mayo 2013.
purephase is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 12:54 AM   #9
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
Is it Sergio's left knee?

That would explain why he stumbled in the 12th, (which he clearly did) giving Chavez the opportunity to crack him with those 2 lefts, for the KD.
You still going with that theory **** breath?

It was the left hook that made him lose control of his legs.

@1:38

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRnk2n7bxzg[/ame]
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 12:55 AM   #10
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Is there a source verifying the surgery Jr. needs?
Atritionist is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 01:00 AM   #11
Thatman
ESB Addict

I think GGG could make a statment!
Thatman is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 01:27 AM   #12
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I don't see how anybody watching that clip thinks 'round 13' favors Jr. He had plenty of time after the KD and didn't finish.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 01:52 AM   #13
The Wanderer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
I don't see how anybody watching that clip thinks 'round 13' favors Jr. He had plenty of time after the KD and didn't finish.
Yeah, he had a 1:10 to finish off a Martinez that was hurt, bleeding, and standing right in front of him. Not only couldn't he do it, he couldn't hit Martinez at point blank range.

Chavez lost, he deserved to lose, and unless this was 40 years ago in the 15 round era where he'd have had another 3 rounds and Martinez on a bad knee, he would have never gotten the job done. Hell, even if he had another 3 rounds and Martinez didn't have a bad knee, I don't think he has a prayer.
The Wanderer is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 02:00 AM   #14
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
Yeah, he had a 1:10 to finish off a Martinez that was hurt, bleeding, and standing right in front of him. Not only couldn't he do it, he couldn't hit Martinez at point blank range.

Chavez lost, he deserved to lose, and unless this was 40 years ago in the 15 round era where he'd have had another 3 rounds and Martinez on a bad knee, he would have never gotten the job done. Hell, even if he had another 3 rounds and Martinez didn't have a bad knee, I don't think he has a prayer.
Good post

But also, when someone wants to bring up the old 'if it was a 15 round fight' thing, with 15 rounds come same day weigh ins
kirk is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 02:02 AM   #15
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
The reason I think so is mainly because I think Martinez wouldnt be able to keep JR off of him with a broken left hand and dimininshing mobility because of his knee. I think a 13th round would resemble the 12th, though I doubt Chavez stops him even with an extra round. I do think he would win it though.
kirk is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum