Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #61
tpuz
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1355
Default Re: Pavlik: Who is without a dance partner that he could face?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Gaul View Post
His lifestyle won't alow him to make 160 anymore. I agree that he'd hold decisive physical advantages against most MW's but if you can't make the weight, you can't make the weight. I'd rather see him make 168 healthily and do his best than try to drain down to 160 and be a shadow of himself.
It's not his "lifestyle" that won't allow him to make 160, it's the fact that he's 6'3" and 30 years old. He was fighting at 160 when he was 18 years old, there's not too many people that weigh the same at 30 years old as they did when they were 18 years old.
tpuz is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #62
kragz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 4708
Default Re: Pavlik: Who is without a dance partner that he could face? UPDATED:WARD says pos

I can see Pavlik/Chavez Jr happening soon. Safe fight for Jr against slow-footed Pavlik and I imagine it could generate decent money for the risk/reward.
kragz is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #63
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pavlik: Who is without a dance partner that he could face? UPDATED:WARD says pos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box84 View Post
From what I remember reading at the time. Pavlik was calling out Froch. When Froch began looking for an opponent we started hearing Pavilik needed a few more fights, didn't want to come to the UK etc.
Negotiations never took off. From the looks of it Froch didn't want a challenge or have to pay anyone. There was never any official word on why the fight didn't happen but just seeing what happened with some of the other fights Froch was looking to make and didn't happen it isn't too hard to read between the lines. I didn't hear ANYONE say it was because Pavlik needed a few more fights. You just make that up yourself?
Hermit is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #64
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kragz View Post
I can see Pavlik/Chavez Jr happening soon. Safe fight for Jr against slow-footed Pavlik and I imagine it could generate decent money for the risk/reward.
Safe fight for JR? He won't be fighting anybody for a while and is now saying he will stay at 160 anyhow. Look for him to take a soft touch while he is still eating through a straw.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #65
dbouziane
East Side Guru

ive seen garcia's touch in his recent fights. problem is he seems to have abandoned what he used to do well. havent seen him combine what he's always been good at with what garcia has had him working on. until that happens he won't be able to hang with any of the top guys, especially ward.

that and the fact that its been rumored that he was recently hitting the bottle...

let's be real its good to have him back but the type of product put forth in his last three fights won't win him anything against the best.
dbouziane is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #66
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Default Re: Goosen says Ward/Pavlik "in talks"

"Seen" that Goosen is making the case for this fight and dismissing the media writing Kelly off after losses to 'only' Martinez and Hopkins. They are in talks but nothing close according to Goosen
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #67
dbouziane
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
"Seen" that Goosen is making the case for this fight and dismissing the media writing Kelly off after losses to 'only' Martinez and Hopkins. They are in talks but nothing close according to Goosen
i doubt kelly will go to oakland. he's at enough of a disadvantage as it is.
dbouziane is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #68
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

What a ****ing hiding this would be.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #69
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbouziane View Post
If one Youngstown boy, Darnell Boone, can put Ward on his axe, another can put him on his back.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #70
theflyest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Pavlik should definitely take this fight. Sometimes you just gotta say **** it. It's important that fighters take fights that they can get up for. Fights that motivate them to train. If you continue fighting lower tier fighters, sometimes you fight down to their level, which could even result in an upset.
theflyest is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #71
shimmy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I'm for the fight. I don't think Pavlik has much of a chance in the fight because he will not be able to solve the quickness and movement of Ward, but Pavlik has proven himself to be a very game opponent that could at least make this one interesting. It gives Ward a chance to be in there with a big guy and if he puts a stamp on the victory it could well be his graduation fight before he steps up to LHW.
Pavlik likely has just as good of a chance as anybody at 168, so why not? It makes for interesting drama at least. If Pavlik somehow won, it would be a Cinderella story damn near, and if Ward dominates and closes the show, he would be the first to stop Pavlik, and prove that he has graduated from just out classing opponents to out classing and then stopping opponents, which is what he needs to be an absolute superstar and PPV draw.
Make the fight.
shimmy is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #72
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Pavlik: Who is without a dance partner that he could face?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathmanc1986 View Post
edwin rodriguez or that south african fighter maybe
Pavlik Ward is an INFINITELY bigger fight than this.

Say what you want about Pavlik but hes a name, and brings money and an audience.
irishny is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #73
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Pavlik is a pointless fight.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #74
rayhogan
Dont worry Pac, you wont
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbouziane View Post
At this point Pavlik will have no choice but to fight Ward in oakland if he wants to fight Ward. Pavlik is no longer in position to make demands of where the fight should take place. If the fight does happen? Ward would easily embarrass Pavlik very badly. Pavlik is just not the same fighter its that simple.
rayhogan is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #75
Nay_Sayer
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kragz View Post
If Pavlik is 80% of what he once was then he'll KO Chavez...
Nay_Sayer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum