Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #76
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pavlik: Who is without a dance partner that he could face? UPDATED:WARD says pos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
If Pavlik is 80% of what he once was then he'll KO Chavez...
Before the Chavez fight Martinez credited Pavlik as giving him his toughest fight. I don't think Jr. bumped Pavlik with his performance. 12 round and all. I think Bigbone was right on at least one point. The knockdown sequence started with a pretty head jarring head butt. That probably dazed Martinez enough to allow Jr. to connect.
Hermit is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #77
One Round
Hertfordshire's Finest
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Goosen says Ward/Pavlik "in talks"

Ward's a terrible choice of opponent for Pavlik at this stage of his career. Ward would utterly school him.
One Round is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #78
Nay_Sayer
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Pavlik: Who is without a dance partner that he could face? UPDATED:WARD says pos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Before the Chavez fight Martinez credited Pavlik as giving him his toughest fight. I don't think Jr. bumped Pavlik with his performance. 12 round and all. I think Bigbone was right on at least one point. The knockdown sequence started with a pretty head jarring head butt. That probably dazed Martinez enough to allow Jr. to connect.
IMO, the KD in the 12th was the result of two things. First, I think Martinez was fatigued as was evidenced by how he began to trade punches with Jr in the 11th and I saw Chavez land some CLEAN punches in that round. Second, in the 12th, Martinez elects to trade with Jr and gets clipped by a huge left hook while against the ropes. Sorry, but I didn't see a headbutt...
Nay_Sayer is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #79
Unbreakable1
Journeyman

vCash: 267

Unfortunately for Ward, the only fighter still with a name in the division (other than Bute who's got 2 fights already in place) is Pavlik. After that, who else realistically will there be to fight thats not seen as 'cherrypicking'
Unbreakable1 is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #80
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
IMO, the KD in the 12th was the result of two things. First, I think Martinez was fatigued as was evidenced by how he began to trade punches with Jr in the 11th and I saw Chavez land some CLEAN punches in that round. Second, in the 12th, Martinez elects to trade with Jr and gets clipped by a huge left hook while against the ropes. Sorry, but I didn't see a headbutt...
Bigbone has a thread with the video. It is pretty clear. Sergio's head is moved more by that than any subsequent punch.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Now that I look at that it looks like it may have been a punch cuz one was coming and Jr's head doesn't seem to move much. I guess I finally fell for one of BigBone's St. Sergio rants.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #81
dbouziane
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhogan View Post
At this point Pavlik will have no choice but to fight Ward in oakland if he wants to fight Ward. Pavlik is no longer in position to make demands of where the fight should take place. If the fight does happen? Ward would easily embarrass Pavlik very badly. Pavlik is just not the same fighter its that simple.
I'm not disputing how a fight would go. i'm also not saying kelly would be "making demands" but he stands a better chance against anyone else in the division. ward is eying him because he's a name. i'm sure pavlik can get a fight w/ other guys for the same reason.

if you read my earlier post in this thread...i don't think the in ring product kelly has put forth his last three fights is good enough to beat any of the top guys. but ward is probably the worst matchup for him.
dbouziane is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #82
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbouziane View Post
but ward is probably the worst matchup for him.
If Dirrell comes in mentally tough, THAT would be the worst match up for him.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #83
dbouziane
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
If Dirrell comes in mentally tough, THAT would be the worst match up for him.
yeah maybe. i liked dirrell at the beginning of the S6. always thought the kid has a lot of talent. i also think that was a legit knockdown aa put on him. no disrespect to abraham but anyone he can find, kelly can find.
dbouziane is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum