Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #1
BoxerGaz
East Side Boxing VIP
ESB Addict

vCash: 350
Default Do you think boxing is expensive?

Just wondering what you all think about this subject?

I have been to many fights all over England Europe and America.

I have just paid 448 pounds for 2x outter ringside tickets for Carl Froch 200 per ticket plus a 48 pound service charge! ;/

I paid 250 to go ringside for Haye/Ruiz and Haye/Harrison literally ringside i was in the front row you could not get any closer to the ring apart from the family seating and judges.

I paid 170 quid for Haye/Wlad and that was row A of the tierd seating still had a good view. but i like to be close.

Ricky Hatton comeback tickets are so expensive too. 215 quid to get front/middle floor seating and 315 quid to get row D in block H

is it me or are ticket prices crazy? what is the reasoning behind this?

Dont get me wrong I may seem like i spend alot on tickets and the truth is yes I do. however i dont drink or smoke I dont go clubbing or anything. All i really do is go out for meals cinema and boxing. other than that im at work or at home with my son.

so im entitled to spend lots on boxing! its the only sport i follow and you only live once!

by going ringside you are so much closer to the action on occasions you sit near/next to famous people. Me and my mate got pictures with adam booth chisora groves and other fighters on undercards. these are really the good reasons to go ringside.

Id recommend it to anyone who can afford it. I just cant get over how expensive it is?

your thoughts please!

G
BoxerGaz is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2012, 06:43 AM   #2
jdempsey85
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1032
Default Re: Do you think boxing is expensive?

if u have the bread no problem, i wont miss a fight when i win the lotto.

That service charge is ridiculous though
jdempsey85 is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 06:55 AM   #3
BoxerGaz
East Side Boxing VIP
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdempsey85 View Post
if u have the bread no problem, i wont miss a fight when i win the lotto.

That service charge is ridiculous though
exactly what i was saying mate the service charge is 24 quid per ticket wtf lol
BoxerGaz is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
Dennison
Guru
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

In general ticket prices are cheap but when you start paying for ringside it can be expensive like you have found. I have tickets for the Froch and Brook cards and have bought seats 'tactically', if you can pick your own seat it is possible to get a really good seat at a decent price.
Dennison is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #5
avo
I Got Milk Baby!!!
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerGaz View Post
Just wondering what you all think about this subject?

I have been to many fights all over England Europe and America.

I have just paid 448 pounds for 2x outter ringside tickets for Carl Froch 200 per ticket plus a 48 pound service charge! ;/

I paid 250 to go ringside for Haye/Ruiz and Haye/Harrison literally ringside i was in the front row you could not get any closer to the ring apart from the family seating and judges.

I paid 170 quid for Haye/Wlad and that was row A of the tierd seating still had a good view. but i like to be close.

Ricky Hatton comeback tickets are so expensive too. 215 quid to get front/middle floor seating and 315 quid to get row D in block H

is it me or are ticket prices crazy? what is the reasoning behind this?

Dont get me wrong I may seem like i spend alot on tickets and the truth is yes I do. however i dont drink or smoke I dont go clubbing or anything. All i really do is go out for meals cinema and boxing. other than that im at work or at home with my son.

so im entitled to spend lots on boxing! its the only sport i follow and you only live once!

by going ringside you are so much closer to the action on occasions you sit near/next to famous people. Me and my mate got pictures with adam booth chisora groves and other fighters on undercards. these are really the good reasons to go ringside.

Id recommend it to anyone who can afford it. I just cant get over how expensive it is?

your thoughts please!

G

not to mention the 250 we paid for the mayweather tickets where we were miles away....

gimme a text when your up for the froch fight we'll go for a beer (coke in your case )
avo is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:13 AM   #6
BoxerGaz
East Side Boxing VIP
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by avo View Post
not to mention the 250 we paid for the mayweather tickets where we were miles away....

gimme a text when your up for the froch fight we'll go for a beer (coke in your case )
haha i was just about to text you mate! dont suppose you got the pics have you bro to send me of the fight?

Yeah although i did not really care just to be in the MGM watching a brilliant fight i could not moan! i mean we may have been a bit of distance away but you could still see the impact of the punch and the spit coming from the mouth!

it was brilliant going back next year! for same weekend! got to be done bro!

defy ill give you a shout we will catch up mate! cant wait!

what you think about hatton fight bro?

G
BoxerGaz is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #7
BoxerGaz
East Side Boxing VIP
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennison View Post
In general ticket prices are cheap but when you start paying for ringside it can be expensive like you have found. I have tickets for the Froch and Brook cards and have bought seats 'tactically', if you can pick your own seat it is possible to get a really good seat at a decent price.
yeah I did look to pick my own and luckily i could with the froch fight. however on most sites i found that you cant you just get allocated the best available for your budget.

still find them pricey. like some of the vegas fights you could buy a motor with the ringside ticket price!
BoxerGaz is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #8
avo
I Got Milk Baby!!!
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerGaz View Post
haha i was just about to text you mate! dont suppose you got the pics have you bro to send me of the fight?

Yeah although i did not really care just to be in the MGM watching a brilliant fight i could not moan! i mean we may have been a bit of distance away but you could still see the impact of the punch and the spit coming from the mouth!

it was brilliant going back next year! for same weekend! got to be done bro!

defy ill give you a shout we will catch up mate! cant wait!

what you think about hatton fight bro?

G
dont think ican afford the hatton fight ive got a lot of trips coming up. fair play im thinking of canada for froch bute 2 as ive never been canada before.

yeah give me your email address again and ill send them over.
avo is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #9
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

A mate just rung me asking me if i wanted tickets or knew anyone who wanted tickets for the Chelsea games against Juve, Stoke and Wolves. 200 for 2 tickets...

Now that's 90 minute games with differing quality but all for 90 mins entertainment. When i look at Boxing you get on a good card say 3 hours solid entertainment. When i compare normal top level football prices to top level boxing i think it's on a even level..

In this current climate i think boxing is Ok. Some shows i see are a tad to expensive for the quality there offering. But then again these shows need to survive..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:32 AM   #10
Jack Dempsey
Legend
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

That Service Charge is a ****ing joke
Jack Dempsey is online now  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #11
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

May i just add i will not be buying those 200 tickets either ..
Old 09-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #12
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

I think it depends on the cards. 200 for those seats is pretty steep but if you were getting a great undercard, I think at the end of the night, you might say it was value for money. If I'd bought tickets to to the Canelo show the other night, I'd have been happy because there was the non-televised bouts, a good undercard and then a fun main event. The issue is when you are paying extortionate amounts for poor cards.

As a fan, I want more than just one good fight. Each televised card should have three interesting bouts on it. I was pissed off when I went to watch Froch in Helsinki and there was **** all on the undercard that I was interested in. It's wrong.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #13
avo
I Got Milk Baby!!!
ESB Full Member

im happy with my 60quid ones for froch good seats as well
avo is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #14
Lionel Richie
Ladies Man

Know it sounds funny But I just can't stand the pain Girl I'm leaving you tomorrow
Lionel Richie is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #15
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

I'm starting to dislike you Lionel.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum