boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-17-2012, 11:36 PM   #31
Larryboys
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 128
Default Re: Do you think boxing is expensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenB View Post
Depends how you look at it I suppose. You can go to most shows and get decent seats for £50 or £60 quid. That's for five or six hours of boxing, depending on the size of show of course. Compare that to £60 odd quid for ninety minutes of football or £100 to be miles back at the cricket and I don't think it's too bad. Obviously £200/£300 sheets is shocking to be fair can't believe you pay it
I don't know what foot***** like, but general cricket tickets aren't close to 100 pounds. More like half that, for England games, depending on the game/day, I got day 1 vs India for about 35 quid I think it was. Your average county cricket match is alot less than that. I think boxing's pretty expensive seeing as most cards are 1 fight and a load of filler, I didn't mind 55 quid for the magnificent 7 as that had several fights worth watching.
Larryboys is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2012, 07:11 AM   #32
StevenB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryboys View Post
I don't know what foot***** like, but general cricket tickets aren't close to 100 pounds. More like half that, for England games, depending on the game/day, I got day 1 vs India for about 35 quid I think it was. Your average county cricket match is alot less than that. I think boxing's pretty expensive seeing as most cards are 1 fight and a load of filler, I didn't mind 55 quid for the magnificent 7 as that had several fights worth watching.
My ticket for Eng South Africa test matches were £75 and ODI £100. Both were at Lords and far from best seats. Obviously county cricket is much cheaper. But if we're comparing prices at big fights with decent undercards, then compared to international cricket I don't think boxing is too bad. P.s where did u get your India ticket for £35 from!!
StevenB is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 07:25 AM   #33
Dennison
Guru
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
My ticket for Eng South Africa test matches were £75 and ODI £100. Both were at Lords and far from best seats. Obviously county cricket is much cheaper. But if we're comparing prices at big fights with decent undercards, then compared to international cricket I don't think boxing is too bad. P.s where did u get your India ticket for £35 from!!
£100 for a cricket ticket
Dennison is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 07:39 AM   #34
1_Pablo_Angel
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 150

Cricket matches are an all day event. Great value.
1_Pablo_Angel is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #35
FloydWillnever
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I've paid £75 for tickets in block 113. Will they be alright do you think? Iíve never sat corner on (sort of) usually I try to get them bang on the sides of the ring but when I went to collect them the women (who was fit but not very helpful) said thatís all they had left.

Iím a bit worried by all the **** that will be around the ring obscuring my view. Iíve never actually been to a fight at the Manchester Arena.
FloydWillnever is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #36
Larryboys
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 128

Quote:
Edgbastons my local ground, I went to days 1 and 2 last year. I just got them off the website It's not the biggest ground so I was never more than a few rows back. I'm sure it was 35 quid for the first day and forty something the next, then it peaked for day 3. In Australia international cricket tickets, general admission, are 22 quid! Value for money varies greatly at boxing, the magnificent 7 was great, then again I've been to local cards for 30 quid which had nothing but novices in 4 and 6 rounders and ended in 2 and a half hours. Which is obviously awful and I'll never go to one of those again. The standard show is usually a 1 match card, the rest'll be rookies and trial horses, and for cheapest tickets being 40 quid or so I'd call it pretty expensive. I don't know how silly foot***** got, the last match I went to was a Liverpool game in 1998 and that was 22 quid I think. I know alot of people have said to me over the years they can't afford to go to the footy anymore, I guess it's shot up.
Larryboys is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #37
Dennison
Guru
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydWillnever View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I've paid £75 for tickets in block 113. Will they be alright do you think? Iíve never sat corner on (sort of) usually I try to get them bang on the sides of the ring but when I went to collect them the women (who was fit but not very helpful) said thatís all they had left.

Iím a bit worried by all the **** that will be around the ring obscuring my view. Iíve never actually been to a fight at the Manchester Arena.
I went to see Haye V Ruiz at the MEN and I was in block 108 and I was pleased with the view and your in better seating and I paid £80, depends what row you are
Dennison is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #38
FloydWillnever
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennison View Post
I went to see Haye V Ruiz at the MEN and I was in block 108 and I was pleased with the view and your in better seating and I paid £80, depends what row you are
Cheers mate.

I was trusted to buy tickets for me and 7 of my mates so didn't want them to be awful. I'm pretty sure it was row M. Haven't got the tickets to hand though at the moment.
FloydWillnever is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #39
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

The only problem with boxing is that the results are too predictable for most of the fights.

Whilst I'm not as insistent as some about undercards, I do think that two hours of 60-54 or 40-36 is pretty mindnumbing, you need a break and spend half the night in the bar.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #40
Little Tyson
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1284

I really hate when I go to to a fight and its an early knockout and someone is like "all that money you spent for 3 rounds!". So ****ing stupid, boxing tickets are alright usually I think, totalling how much I've spent on fights over the years including the nights out, accommodation and flights is a scary figure though.
Little Tyson is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #41
Bronxbull666
The Beast From The East
ESB Senior Member

I went to a Jeff Thomas fight, ringside tickets were £1.50 and included a hand job off the ring girl. Bargain!
Bronxbull666 is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #42
Dennison
Guru
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydWillnever View Post
Cheers mate.

I was trusted to buy tickets for me and 7 of my mates so didn't want them to be awful. I'm pretty sure it was row M. Haven't got the tickets to hand though at the moment.
I was a bit higher I think around Row T maybe so I'm sure your mates won't be disappointed
Dennison is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #43
Dennison
Guru
ESB Addict

Some people like to watch every single fight (out of town fans) and the people who seem to spend most the time in the bar are normally local fans as they haven't driven for 3 hours to get there
Dennison is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #44
Big Bang
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Was watching some Lower Tier tickets for 2 people on ebay for the Hatton fight that went for £211! Sod that!

However I once purchased two tickets for the Khan Prescott fight for £40 and had one of the best nights out ever! Sat behind a potty mouthed couple from Glasgow watching Alex Arthur being banged about by Nicky Cook and to top it off the sight of Khans Army accusing Prescott of hiding lead in his gloves!
Big Bang is online now  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #45
davidjay
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I can never understand anyone who spends £30 for a seven or eight fight show, spends the first half in the bar, watches his mate fight 6x2s then leaves.
davidjay is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum