Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 03:14 AM   #1
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default The IBO - The Champion of Integrity

Can somebody please explain how Danny Green and Shane Cameron are eligible for a title shot according to the fool proof computer ranking system they use?

They were a disgrace in the wake of Mundine's historic Brisbane win. One has to think that their tagline is surely sarcasm, Danny Green is seemingly buying IBO belts like we buy regular belts.
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:27 AM   #2
realtyson
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
Default Re: The IBO - The Champion of Integrity

$$$$$$$$$$$
realtyson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:31 AM   #3
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale was weight drained
Posts: 9,962
vCash: 75
Default Re: The IBO - The Champion of Integrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Can somebody please explain how Danny Green and Shane Cameron are eligible for a title shot according to the fool proof computer ranking system they use?

They were a disgrace in the wake of Mundine's historic Brisbane win. One has to think that their tagline is surely sarcasm, Danny Green is seemingly buying IBO belts like we buy regular belts.
It's like this Kayode who is ranked 6 was wronged because he fought a guy on PED's with whom he drew with. The guy was the champion and was rightfully stripped of the title. But he's not rich so the guys ranked 8 and 10 fight for the vacant title because the 10th ranked guy is rich and generates more money and bigger purses. Here this breakdown of what they receive from fights and the money generated makes it clearer.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Green-Cameron generates more money than Kayode-Cameron,Green.
Hope that clears it up.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2012, 05:33 AM   #4
Phill-Mitchell
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,108
vCash: 500
Default Re: The IBO - The Champion of Integrity

If they had any integrity they would push for a fight between two legitimate top 10 guys.

At the very least, make green fight someone like Afolabi for it.

But I don't think the IBO are crooks, I honestly think they don't have a clue what they are doing, or how to run their organisation.

They know Green, so give him yet another shot. Nice and simple like.
Phill-Mitchell is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:34 AM   #5
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,497
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The IBO - The Champion of Integrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Can somebody please explain how Danny Green and Shane Cameron are eligible for a title shot according to the fool proof computer ranking system they use?

They were a disgrace in the wake of Mundine's historic Brisbane win. One has to think that their tagline is surely sarcasm, Danny Green is seemingly buying IBO belts like we buy regular belts.
I'm sure Phillip Austin will find a way to justify it. He always does. Absolutely shameful, ruining the sport.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #6
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 892
vCash: 500
Default Re: The IBO - The Champion of Integrity

They are a ****ing joke. A step up from the WBF, but not much of a step.
fighta29 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #7
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 1275
Default Re: The IBO - The Champion of Integrity

WBF might as well get involved so they bill it as a dual world title bout.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #8
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: The IBO - The Champion of Integrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
It's like this Kayode who is ranked 6 was wronged because he fought a guy on PED's with whom he drew with. The guy was the champion and was rightfully stripped of the title. But he's not rich so the guys ranked 8 and 10 fight for the vacant title because the 10th ranked guy is rich and generates more money and bigger purses. Here this breakdown of what they receive from fights and the money generated makes it clearer.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Green-Cameron generates more money than Kayode-Cameron,Green.
Hope that clears it up.
That was quite interesting, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
I'm sure Phillip Austin will find a way to justify it. He always does. Absolutely shameful, ruining the sport.
What was his justification for the Green Vs Briggs barnburner?
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #9
leftrip
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Auckland
Posts: 305
vCash: 500
Default Re: The IBO - The Champion of Integrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill-Mitchell View Post
If they had any integrity they would push for a fight between two legitimate top 10 guys.

At the very least, make green fight someone like Afolabi for it.

But I don't think the IBO are crooks, I honestly think they don't have a clue what they are doing, or how to run their organisation.

They know Green, so give him yet another shot. Nice and simple like.
IBO is a Claytons title a title when not really a title lol

A title of convenience when a promoter needs a title on a hurry the wBF and IBO especially in Australia is very convenient, just look at the aussie 'world' title holders they won't even stack up against the 'real' world champs ...i think the current IBF Featherweight champ falls into that category too. Interested in your feedback guys?
leftrip is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #10
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,116
vCash: 346
Default Re: The IBO - The Champion of Integrity

told u guys a long time ago the IBO is corrupt. Its all about money to them, ratings dont mean sht, even if they are computer generated, just a word used to try and pull the wool over everyones eyes and make you think there is transparency when its really nothing more than a belt for sale to the highest bidder. Cant win a real WT then go win an IBO one.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:51 PM   #11
leftrip
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Auckland
Posts: 305
vCash: 500
Default Re: The IBO - The Champion of Integrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
told u guys a long time ago the IBO is corrupt. Its all about money to them, ratings dont mean sht, even if they are computer generated, just a word used to try and pull the wool over everyones eyes and make you think there is transparency when its really nothing more than a belt for sale to the highest bidder. Cant win a real WT then go win an IBO one.
Thought so! you are so correct TC it is all about money
leftrip is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #12
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale was weight drained
Posts: 9,962
vCash: 75
Default Re: The IBO - The Champion of Integrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Can somebody please explain how Danny Green and Shane Cameron are eligible for a title shot according to the fool proof computer ranking system they use?

They were a disgrace in the wake of Mundine's historic Brisbane win. One has to think that their tagline is surely sarcasm, Danny Green is seemingly buying IBO belts like we buy regular belts.
To be fair it's not just Danny Green though. He's the worst now the IBO were going to let Mundine-Medley fight for the vacant IBO JMW belt. Mundine had a high MW ranking so retained that when going down fair enough but Medley wasn't even in their top 50. This thread from another forum.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[quote][[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][-][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Posts: 12
(12/06/0902:21 PM)
  • [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  • [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  • More
    • [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Fancy that, the only person here defending the IBO turns out to be someone who works for the IBO, I wondered why this guy (Phil) jumped down my throat, sorry mate but it still doesnt alter the fact that this Mundine at 154 is rubbish.

You are very forthright is stating your case but it seems you are unwilling to answer the main question that posters seem to keep asking. I will make it clear as mud for you and maybe you can answer this.

*** If Mundine has never fought at 154, how can he then be eligable to fight for the WORLD TITLE at 154 and if Rob Medley is not even ranked in the IBO top 50 how can he be a legitimate WORLD TITLE contender. How can this possibly happen, one never ranked at 154, the other lowly ranked??????

Mr Phil this is not a personal attack on you just a coupe of easy questions that I dont feel you have answered in any shape or form, so please can you help this uneducated git to make sense of this all, thanks in advance


/QUOTE]
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:55 AM   #13
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,497
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The IBO - The Champion of Integrity

What was his justification for the Green Vs Briggs barnburner?[/quote]

I believe Austin mentioned that Briggs had carry over points from years and years before he had brain damage at a lower weight. Yeah a real legit title contender for a vacant belt at a higher weight who hasn't fought for 3 or 4 years. Could it be any more laughable ?
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:10 AM   #14
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale was weight drained
Posts: 9,962
vCash: 75
Default Re: The IBO - The Champion of Integrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
That was quite interesting, thanks.



What was his justification for the Green Vs Briggs barnburner?
That Briggs was so highly ranked at the time of his 3 year ''lay off''' that he still made the IBO TOP 30 in CW.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #15
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: The IBO - The Champion of Integrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
What was his justification for the Green Vs Briggs barnburner?
I believe Austin mentioned that Briggs had carry over points from years and years before he had brain damage at a lower weight. Yeah a real legit title contender for a vacant belt at a higher weight who hasn't fought for 3 or 4 years. Could it be any more laughable ?[/quote]



Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
That Briggs was so highly ranked at the time of his 3 year ''lay off''' that he still made the IBO TOP 30 in CW.
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013