Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
zxcvbnm
#TeamHWFuture
ESB Addict

vCash: 544
Default Eubank Jr fighting in Denmark on Sat, Channel 5 showing it on (v.late) tape delay.

Fighting a 6 rounder on the Cecelia Braekhus v Anne Sophie Mathis undercard.

Channel 5, strangely, will then be showing this fight at 00:35 on Tuesday morning, in a 25 minute programme. So no other fights being shown by them I take it.

Well, at least they are dedicated to his career I suppose, not that he's really going anywhere above British title level.
zxcvbnm is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
HeavyT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Eubank Jr fighting in Denmark on Sat, Channel 5 showing it on (v.late) tape delay

That is very strange, you'd think it would be the type of thing they'd show on Sunday afternoon, or prime time but on another channel.
HeavyT is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Eubank Jr fighting in Denmark on Sat, Channel 5 showing it on (v.late) tape delay

It's going to be hilarious when Channel 5 realise Eubank Jr isn't the superstar they think he is, they should be promoting other young talent also.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
zxcvbnm
#TeamHWFuture
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyT View Post
That is very strange, you'd think it would be the type of thing they'd show on Sunday afternoon, or prime time but on another channel.
I'm guessing that as this fight has been arranged at very short notice, Channel 5 had already made their schedule for the next few weeks and didn't want to cancel a programme that a fair number of people would be expecting to watch. Hence they shove it in a graveyard slot.

Fair play to them for picking it up, I think the most bizarre thing is that they're showing a stand-alone 6 rounder in a 25 minute slot without a big fight to support it (I suppose they could have picked up the women's fight or the 12 round Patrick Nielsen fight but didn't see either as particularly appealing or worth the money, which is fair enough).
zxcvbnm is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
zxcvbnm
#TeamHWFuture
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
It's going to be hilarious when Channel 5 realise Eubank Jr isn't the superstar they think he is.
He pulls in viewers though, I don't think anyone watches him and actually thinks he's that good. My brother who knows **** all about boxing watched a few of his fights on C5 and said that he didn't look great. It's his background that makes him an attraction.

Channel 5's strangest decision is turning down Audley as an opponent for Fury, when Audley has always pulled in very big numbers on terrestrial (even after he had been exposed as a joke, I think something like 7 million watched his first fight with Danny Williams on ITV), and with Audley coming off the back of Strictly Come Dancing as well.
zxcvbnm is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #6
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbnm View Post
He pulls in viewers though, I don't think anyone watches him and actually thinks he's that good. My brother who knows **** all about boxing watched a few of his fights on C5 and said that he didn't look great. It's his background that makes him an attraction.

Channel 5's strangest decision is turning down Audley as an opponent for Fury, when Audley has always pulled in very big numbers on terrestrial (even after he had been exposed as a joke, I think something like 7 million watched his first fight with Danny Williams on ITV), and with Audley coming off the back of Strictly Come Dancing as well.
True, but as soon as he gets found out channel 5 will pull the plug on him.

Eubank is exciting to watch and is at least being matched well by Hennessy.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #7
Bronxbull666
The Beast From The East
ESB Senior Member

People are going to tune in to watch him on the night, either because they want to see him lose or because he's a Eubank or a good prospect. Ratings win for channel 5. But not sure how many casual fans will watch this on a Tuesday.
Bronxbull666 is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
zxcvbnm
#TeamHWFuture
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxbull666 View Post
People are going to tune in to watch him on the night, either because they want to see him lose or because he's a Eubank or a good prospect. Ratings win for channel 5. But not sure how many casual fans will watch this on a Tuesday.
Not so much the day but the time it's on, after midnight.
zxcvbnm is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #9
Taylor2010
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 100

Cheers for the heads up. Have set the Sky plus
Taylor2010 is online now  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #10
MyName
Simon Adebisi
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 7331

Any idea about the opponent?
MyName is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #11
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Eubank Jr will end up surprising people in the same way JCC has done.
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #12
zxcvbnm
#TeamHWFuture
ESB Addict

Just noticed Max Maxwell is fighting a 10 rounder on this card against 25-2-1 Ahmed Kaddour. Kaddour got a fortunate win over Gary Boulden last time out and will probably rob Maxwell here too.
zxcvbnm is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #13
brickfists
The Nonpareil
ESB Addict

vCash: 542

This is what is wrong with boxing, just because the kid has a famous last name he gets preferential treatment. total bullshit
brickfists is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #14
EnglishWay
KO King 2010
ESB Addict

vCash: 1197

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickfists View Post
This is what is wrong with boxing, just because the kid has a famous last name he gets preferential treatment. total bullshit
it's not just boxing tho , it's more of the way TV is they'll jump on anything that as abit of story too it.
EnglishWay is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #15
sniffmybadger
trust me I'm a stomach
ESB Senior Member

When's Degale fighting on 5? or is that just a rumour ?
sniffmybadger is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum