Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #31
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: British boxing magazine, your thoughts?

It looks good,Sean.Must admit Im like Michael 300 and prefer paper but although a bit busy at the mo will look into it in a coupla weeks.Guess youll have your own agenda and plans for format but what about a "where are they now" feature.Dont think youd have far to go to interview some really interesting ex boxers,eg Harry Scott,Robbie Davies etc.Good luck with it, mate.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #32
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

Features look good, cover looks naff.

Anyone remember Undisputed Fightmag? They tried this exact thing (monthly), went for it but dried up after a bit, dunno if they're around or what now. I don't get BN anymore as I prefer features and I get my news online, quicker and (maybe not as good as BN) decent quality of you ignore the dross.

I occasionaly get BM on my tablet as it features I want to read and they are always good and a few of them as well.

Only British Boxing magazine? You mean, covering british boxing exclusively?

Good luck but to get your numbers you'll need to get people to know about it - that'll be your biggest hurdle IMO
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #33
Seanplfc
@BritBoxMag
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1081

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail View Post
I'll be buying. Just been on your website. Is the 99p online available now or do we have to wait until October? I live abroad and have big roaming charges so I can't iPhone it, so I'll have to get the online version. Please advise...

Regards
That will be available on October 1st mate, cheers for the buy! After every month has passed, so in November for this issue, there'll be a .pdf download of the issue available for everyone who has bought the issue, so they can keep it on their device/PC for future reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TED 822 View Post
It looks good,Sean.Must admit Im like Michael 300 and prefer paper but although a bit busy at the mo will look into it in a coupla weeks.Guess youll have your own agenda and plans for format but what about a "where are they now" feature.Dont think youd have far to go to interview some really interesting ex boxers,eg Harry Scott,Robbie Davies etc.Good luck with it, mate.
Thanks for that mate, I have a feature like that! Issue one has a terrific piece with Johnny Cooke a 60s British champion, telling his superb story. But I like the idea of looking at what people are doing now too!
Seanplfc is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #34
Seanplfc
@BritBoxMag
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyvid View Post
Features look good, cover looks naff.

Only British Boxing magazine? You mean, covering british boxing exclusively?

Good luck but to get your numbers you'll need to get people to know about it - that'll be your biggest hurdle IMO
Don't like the cover? Fair enough, thanks for the feedback, i'll pass it on.

Yeah, British boxing only... and getting people to know about it is the hardest thing, that's why I'm on here and trying to get some feedback off you guys.

I've got a lot of social network word of mouth going on and posters etc around and banners at small hall shows soon. Just relying on everyone to tell their mates! ... HINT HINT
Seanplfc is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #35
Seanplfc
@BritBoxMag
ESB Jr Member

Here's another sneak peak double page spread, DRAFT

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Features with Pricey, Bellew, Mathews, Farrag, Smith, Satchell & more.
Seanplfc is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #36
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

In fact mate, it was you that was involved with Undisputed Fight Mag, can you shed any light on its demise?

And can you shed any light on why I was charged for a 2nd years subscription automatically...? I've cancelled it now, tbh I only read the first 3 issues from year 1.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #37
Chinny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
In fact mate, it was you that was involved with Undisputed Fight Mag, can you shed any light on its demise?

And can you shed any light on why I was charged for a 2nd years subscription automatically...? I've cancelled it now, tbh I only read the first 3 issues from year 1.
Well that kind of ruined the thread!
Chinny is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #38
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinny View Post
Well that kind of ruined the thread!
Just to make it clear - that was 2 years for Undisputed Fight Mag and I don't know Sean's full involvement with them but I'd love to know what happened there.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #39
Seanplfc
@BritBoxMag
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Just to make it clear - that was 2 years for Undisputed Fight Mag and I don't know Sean's full involvement with them but I'd love to know what happened there.
Yeah that's right mate, I was designing the first 2 issues and doing interviews for them - Joe Frazier, George Foreman and Lennox Lewis. It was a good thing they had going until the AMERICAN Publisher failed to deliver his end and started working with 'Leave it In the ring radio' and David Dunez. I left after Issue Two. I didn't want to be associated with them people involved.

I won't say too much, but the running of it, ownership and consequent problems had nothing to do with me. I hate the bastards if i'm honest haha. I was as baffled by them as probably anyone who bought it.

BritBox is in no way related or will follow the fame failure or problems-- that was all the American Publisher side. I just wrote and did some designing mate with another well respected UK writer.

Hope you don't hold that against me CheekyVid
Seanplfc is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #40
Seanplfc
@BritBoxMag
ESB Jr Member

Just to add to that, in our sales policy, anyone who pays a year subscription will hold 100% legal right to claim a refund if the six issues don't happen. Which will 100% NOT happen anyway, as we have a dedicated UK team, and plan on being around for ten years-- let alone one!
Seanplfc is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #41
OBD

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanplfc View Post
Just to add to that, in our sales policy, anyone who pays a year subscription will hold 100% legal right to claim a refund if the six issues don't happen. Which will 100% NOT happen anyway, as we have a dedicated UK team, and plan on being around for ten years-- let alone one!
If we pay 99p for the first issue (on a trial basis) and then pay £8.99 for a years subscription, I assume that would entitle us to the next 6 issues as opposed to the remaining 5 for the year?
OBD is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #42
Seanplfc
@BritBoxMag
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBD View Post
If we pay 99p for the first issue (on a trial basis) and then pay £8.99 for a years subscription, I assume that would entitle us to the next 6 issues as opposed to the remaining 5 for the year?
No mate, you cannot subscribe online unfortunately-- only Android and Apple App users may subscribe to their devices, iPad etc. Which is 1.99 an issue for all issues-- blame Apple for this! They don't allow offer prices

And for that reason, that's why we've offered the issue one for 99p for online readers, to even up the pricing best we can. So both get the best of it.

(And anyone who subscribes on a device gets the download for their PC as a back issue, each month after the release... so it's better to subscribe off the Apple News Stand or Android Market)
Seanplfc is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #43
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

haha no hard feelings mate, I know that Shaun Brown, who is a good writer was involved at first but I think got out as well.

All the best
Old 09-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #44
Seanplfc
@BritBoxMag
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
haha no hard feelings mate, I know that Shaun Brown, who is a good writer was involved at first but I think got out as well.

All the best
Yeah Shaun was involved until issue two too.

App is out next week fellers, will let you all know so you can have a look.
Seanplfc is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #45
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanplfc View Post
Sure I can leach a quote from him as good as, "'If we had the defence we should have had we would be the best fighter in the world. That’s the downfall of me and Manny Pacquiao – we’re both offensively the best fighters in the world, but defensively we’re not the best.''
Remember when he claimed Mayweather was ducking him!
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum