Phonetic Phill Fury is "vur graytest"
biglads is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #18
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81
Default Re: Degale signs with Hennessy

Degale's face when told his first fight will be at the Kidderminster Community Centre.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #19
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Good move for both involved, Building a nice stable is Mick as Cut Me Mick rightly says we thought a few years back he was on way out.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #20
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

I just hope Mick matches him quite hard like Eubank Jr and not soft like he is with Fury?
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #21
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

TBH Bill Fury's has two soft touches recently after a tough 2011 physically and mentally. I think Mick's done the right thing with him, allowed him time to develop in the ring and also put him in with guys he'd look good against. The lad has faced tough tests early on in career. Compare him to other HW's who are facing abject guys who been out the ring for 3 years etc etc. Fury and Mick get a rough ride because of the Price stuff..

Mick's matched his fighters well over the years, maybe takes a little to long to get them to title shots like others but for all the flack he gets he's a good guy and decent promoter who i feel lost his way after losing his mother. Took it hard.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #22
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
TBH Bill Fury's has two soft touches recently after a tough 2011 physically and mentally. I think Mick's done the right thing with him, allowed him time to develop in the ring and also put him in with guys he'd look good against.

Mick's matched his fighters well over the years, maybe takes a little to long to get them to title shots like others but for all the flack he gets he's a good guy and decent promoter who i feel lost his way after losing his mother. Took it hard.
I never knew about him losing his mother, its understandable if he lost his way a bit because of that. I suppose Im a bit impatient with Fury because I do actually quite rate him, I thought after Chisora he would push on a bit quicker.

Saying that, his child was ill so I'm probably being a bit harsh, he was no doubt having a tough time himself, lets see how he's matched in the near future, hopefully its a test of sorts.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #23
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Good signing for Hennessy, hopefully this means more boxing on Channel 5.

So we've got Hennessy on Channel 5, Frank W and Maloney on BN, Hearn on Sky, Goodwins free shows on Crimetime, all we need now is Coldwell to get a TV deal.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #24
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
I never knew about him losing his mother, its understandable if he lost his way a bit because of that. I suppose Im a bit impatient with Fury because I do actually quite rate him, I thought after Chisora he would push on a bit quicker.

Saying that, his child was ill so I'm probably being a bit harsh, he was no doubt having a tough time himself, lets see how he's matched in the near future, hopefully its a test of sorts.
Agreed Bill , No excuses for Tyson if he has another soft touch next time out he needs a Chagaev type. A ex world champion who still has the ability to take him rounds and want to win.

With Mick i was told that by someone i know well, I didn't know he knew about Mick and that much about pro game as he's more into AM's but he's over in Bermondsey and that's Mick's area and he said about him losing his mother. See his mum set him up, she gave him money to go into the boxing and take it on. It's all for her, and if you notice there was a period where he looked rough, unshaven. I think that was around the time she passed away.

May be wrong, but this is what i was told. I like Mick personally..
Old 09-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #25
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Agreed Bill , No excuses for Tyson if he has another soft touch next time out he needs a Chagaev type. A ex world champion who still has the ability to take him rounds and want to win.

With Mick i was told that by someone i know well, I didn't know he knew about Mick and that much about pro game as he's more into AM's but he's over in Bermondsey and that's Mick's area and he said about him losing his mother. See his mum set him up, she gave him money to go into the boxing and take it on. It's all for her, and if you notice there was a period where he looked rough, unshaven. I think that was around the time she passed away.

May be wrong, but this is what i was told. I like Mick personally..
He's doing his Mum proud, fair play to him, I wish I knew all this before, I wouldn't have give him the stick that I have done, I feel a bit bad now.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #26
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Good news for DeGale in terms of exposure, but I'm not sure Mick & C5's pockets are that deep so he might not be facing decent opposition for a while, he'll probably have to take a considerable paycut compared to what he was on with *****.

Does anyone have a clue who Kid Galahad will be facing? (currently says TBA on boxrec)
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #27
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
Good news for DeGale in terms of exposure, but I'm not sure Mick & C5's pockets are that deep so he might not be facing decent opposition for a while, he'll probably have to take a considerable paycut compared to what he was on with *****.

Does anyone have a clue who Kid Galahad will be facing? (currently says TBA on boxrec)
Plus 25% of what he earns has to go to Frank anyway.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #28
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
Plus 25% of what he earns has to go to Frank anyway.
Perhaps his brain is not too clever then, dyanamasayin.

I miss DeGale & Jimmy Mac, British boxings finest comedy double act.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #29
I Shot JR
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
Good signing for Hennessy, hopefully this means more boxing on Channel 5.

So we've got Hennessy on Channel 5, Frank W and Maloney on BN, Hearn on Sky, Goodwins free shows on Crimetime, all we need now is Coldwell to get a TV deal.
Coldwell may be getting TV soon so I've heard. As for DeGale, this is entirely the right move. Being on Channel 5 means he will get greater exposure which can only be a good thing. Hennessy is building a decent stable of fighters now, I can see him picking up a few more if Channel 5 gives him more dates.
I Shot JR is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #30
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

At least this gives us a bit more variety on Channel 5. Otherwise it'd have just been Fury and Galahad headlining cards with Eubank Jr on the undercard.
ishy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum