Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 09-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
jimeyboi

vCash: 500
Default Thinking of starting boxing AGAIN!

Hi guys, im new to the forum. I have always been a fan of boxing since a young again and did go to my local gym to box for a year or so when I was younger, I never had a fight though:(

However life got in the way and I stopped going to be honest. Also I had just got new crowns in my two front teeth and to be honest i think I was abit unsure of maybe having them knocked out. But with the gumshields nowadays they are pretty good.

But now Im considering going again although now I am 27, will they look at me in the gym kinda saying "hes abit over the hill" lol to be here?

I would really love to give it ago again, do you think its too late to get back into it and maybe do some fights?

let me know

thanks again
jimeyboi is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
hardright

Default Re: Thinking of starting boxing AGAIN!

I`m 33..ive been in and out of the boxing gym since i was 22. never been in a fight though. now i would like to get a couple fights under my belt. and the gyms i go to now have nothing but young kids. but they are very respectful. just cause your 27 dosent mean you cant knock no one out. most people in the gym will respect that. especially if you good at what you do
hardright is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
Brand NOOBian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I'm 28 and started boxing for the first time just this past January. My gym has a mix of middle school/high school kids all the way up to people in their 40s. I was only one of a few beginners when I started, and I was so intimidated I wanted to quit after the first month. No one really looked down on me though and most of the more experienced guys helped me out a lot if I did some drills with them. I'm real glad I stuck with it. I have my first fight next month. Nothing serious, doing it mainly just for the experience and to see how I do. Since you already trained for a year when you were younger, I'm sure you'll get back into it pretty quickly. Good luck to you.
Brand NOOBian is offline  Top
Old 09-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

You wouldn't believe how often this question comes up. I started at 35, and competing at 36. So you know what my answer will be.
Speechless is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 04:16 AM   #5
NVSemin
Sugar Boxing
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimeyboi View Post
But now Im considering going again although now I am 27, will they look at me in the gym kinda saying "hes abit over the hill" lol to be here?
Haters are everywhere. Just get used to that. Actually without haters most of champs won't be motivated to train really hard.
NVSemin is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 06:59 AM   #6
Tar Baby
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 430

It's never too late.
Tar Baby is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #7
markiepoop
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechless View Post
You wouldn't believe how often this question comes up. I started at 35, and competing at 36. So you know what my answer will be.
this lol, it's never too late. sure you missed out a bit, but you can always still box and improve your skills!!!
markiepoop is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing