KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather Testing Procedure is not Olympic Standard testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
It is styled after the olympics, yes.
No it's not.....It's random blood and urine testing which are practices that OTHER professional athletic organizations have been using for years. The whole 365/24/7 was what made WADA's protocol the "GOLD STANDARD".
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #47
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I've never heard anyone say Floyd does full olympic testing. He's not in the Olympics so.....
I thought Floyd only ****ed with the "BEST OF THE BEST"...the "Creme de la Creme"? Why not do what the "GOLD STANDARD" is since that's the motto he supposedly lives by..."NOTHING BUT THE BEST"?
Old 09-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #48
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomwalk View Post
Olympic style testing doesn't require blood tests ... at least for boxers.
This is true...the invasive measures like drawing blood samples for athletes like Boxers or wrestlers don't have their blood drawn ...at least not too close to the event. There are health risks that WADA and other testing organizations want to avoid to protect themselves from litigation and to protect the athletes.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #49
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
First off, who are his FUTURE opponents? And how do you guarntee Floyd even faces all these 'future' opponnets floyd makes take and pay for the tests? Your proposal isn't realistic. I mean, it's not a bad idea, but too many things can happen. If Floyd was the leader in the testing brigade, he's do what Doniare has started.
If Floyd was serious about cleaning the sport, which we all know was a bunch of crap, he would have used his star power and pull to do something about it. BUT....at least from this bullshit excuse to duck Pac, he's brought some awareness to something that boxing should address. However, any new testing implementations MUST go through the state commisions. As it stands, USADA only has to release their results to their client, and that's GBP or Floyd (depending on how it's written up). And by doing that, they are in accordance with the law. I think ALL test results need to be given to the state commissions, as well as any contract GBP or Mayweather has w/ USADA for a review. We want transparency.
I'm glad you think it's a stupid idea, because that was my goal. It's stupid to expect Floyd to go through year round testing unless his opponents were too and we both know why that's impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
If he it is true, then he is a bigger idiot than I thought because he must have been skipping meals in jail.

And your body likes to go to your natural weight, so what is he taking on the outside to keep him up that high.
he did say he barely ate anything in there. It's very irresponsible on his aprt
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #50
borj
the Pacific Storm
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1588

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
He caught his daddy with drugs a few times.
borj is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #51
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
I'm glad you think it's a stupid idea, because that was my goal. It's stupid to expect Floyd to go through year round testing unless his opponents were too and we both know why that's impractical

Agreed. At least we both know Floyd had no intention of cleaning the sport. Which begs the questions, why even say something untrue like that unless it's to cover for a real excuse? Byt my point about Floyd using his pull stands. He (and GBP) could easily have lead the charge on updating the testing methods in the sport. But like politicians, they instead say what SOUNDS good, and what might fool the general public. Floyd andGBP should give the state athletic commisions access to not only their contract w/ USADA, but the results. ALL results. Transparancy is the only key.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #52
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 233

Quote:
Agreed. At least we both know Floyd had no intention of cleaning the sport. Which begs the questions, why even say something untrue like that unless it's to cover for a real excuse? Byt my point about Floyd using his pull stands. He (and GBP) could easily have lead the charge on updating the testing methods in the sport. But like politicians, they instead say what SOUNDS good, and what might fool the general public. Floyd andGBP should give the state athletic commisions access to not only their contract w/ USADA, but the results. ALL results. Transparancy is the only key.
I heard rumors that fighters fighting under TMT would have to go through the testing before their fights, but idk how true that is and I don't even know the status of TMT anymore
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #53
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
I heard rumors that fighters fighting under TMT would have to go through the testing before their fights, but idk how true that is and I don't even know the status of TMT anymore
I still hope TMT can do something. My feelings towards Floyd don't transfer to TMT. The two party system doesn't work in politics, and doesn't work in boxing (TR & GBP).
Old 09-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #54
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyusernames View Post
What drug cheats has Mayweather caught?

Name one.

He hasn't caught anyone.

because the fighters he fought werent on anything numbnuts.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #55
boxingfanneato
what would MORALES do!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

If floyd asked manny to test all year around because it was "olympic" standard, manny would say **** you. As would just about any boxer clean or not. There would aslo be millions of threads, one im sure the op would start, about how floyd is a coward for asking him to test all year around. Some people are never satisfied. Atleast he does do random blood tests. More than i can say about some fighters....
boxingfanneato is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #56
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
I thought Floyd only ****ed with the "BEST OF THE BEST"...the "Creme de la Creme"? Why not do what the "GOLD STANDARD" is since that's the motto he supposedly lives by..."NOTHING BUT THE BEST"?
He uses the finest analysts the USADA have to offer, single handedly starting th movement. Mad?
Old 09-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #57
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
He uses the finest analysts the USADA have to offer, single handedly starting th movement. Mad?
Mad? Nah...never that. I'm just "passionate" . Any way...Floyd uses a very watered down version of what the "GOLD STANDARD" of testing really is.

It's true Floyd started the movement.....but his platform to launch this "movement" was PAC.

Floyd's claim is that the "Movement" had nothing at all to do with Manny.....Floyd said he simply wanted to "clean up boxing".

Do you honestly believe that? I sure as hell don't...I'm not that stupid. Floyd could have set the standard by testing all year round....but he didn't...

Nonito is the only fighter who said he's willing to test all year round and if he does.....that would be a bigger "feather in his cap" than the one Floyd is rockin'.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #58
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
Mad? Nah...never that. I'm just "passionate" . Any way...Floyd uses a very watered down version of what the "GOLD STANDARD" of testing really is.

It's true Floyd started the movement.....but his platform to launch this "movement" was PAC.

Floyd's claim is that the "Movement" had nothing at all to do with Manny.....Floyd said he simply wanted to "clean up boxing".

Do you honestly believe that? I sure as hell don't...I'm not that stupid. Floyd could have set the standard by testing all year round....but he didn't...

Nonito is the only fighter who said he's willing to test all year round and if he does.....that would be a bigger "feather in his cap" than the one Floyd is rockin'.
Well if Floyd had dropped his testing demands for other fights and didn't make Mosley or anyone else test after then I'd assume Floyd was full of it. But he's stuck to his guns, had everyone and himself tested, and other fighters have followed suit. it's great for boxing.

You're letting "the perfect" become the enemy of "the good"- Floyd is doing good, and the mere fact that it's Mayweather doing it, rubs you the wrong way.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #59
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Well if Floyd had dropped his testing demands for other fights and didn't make Mosley or anyone else test after then I'd assume Floyd was full of it. But he's stuck to his guns, had everyone and himself tested, and other fighters have followed suit. it's great for boxing.

You're letting "the perfect" become the enemy of "the good"- Floyd is doing good, and the mere fact that it's Mayweather doing it, rubs you the wrong way.
Floyd may be an idiot, but not all the people around him are stupid. After the fuss he made about testing vs. Pac, Floyd HAS to do that test for all future fights, otherwise it would be too obvious the test was his way to 'price himself out' of the Pac fight. Not rocket science.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #60
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

Quote:
Floyd may be an idiot, but not all the people around him are stupid. After the fuss he made about testing vs. Pac, Floyd HAS to do that test for all future fights, otherwise it would be too obvious the test was his way to 'price himself out' of the Pac fight. Not rocket science.
Floyd doesn't have to do anything. He chose to clean up the sport, and it's made waves with what he's done.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum