Old 09-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #61
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather Testing Procedure is not Olympic Standard testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Floyd doesn't have to do anything. He chose to clean up the sport, and it's made waves with what he's done.
Yes, he does dude. Cut the bull**** and try to be serious. He has not cleaned up the sport, nor has he tried. If all your going to do is repeat the same **** the fanboys post, then there's no reason to even continue. Floyd had the star power, the right co-promoter on his side, and a network backing him to make some real changes. He did nothing. And had he NOT done the testing after insisting Pac take the test, he'd be asked "Why insist test for Pac, and not Blah blah" putting him in a massive stutter seizure.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #62
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Yes, he does dude. Cut the bull**** and try to be serious. He has not cleaned up the sport, nor has he tried. If all your going to do is repeat the same **** the fanboys post, then there's no reason to even continue. Floyd had the star power, the right co-promoter on his side, and a network backing him to make some real changes. He did nothing. And had he NOT done the testing after insisting Pac take the test, he'd be asked "Why insist test for Pac, and not Blah blah" putting him in a massive stutter seizure.
Everyone in the sport has acknowledged floyd as being the pioneer who has led the way for stricter drug testing. It's been a great wake up cool for the sport. Don't hate on floyd just because he stepped up and gave his arm to be tested.
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #63
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Well if Floyd had dropped his testing demands for other fights and didn't make Mosley or anyone else test after then I'd assume Floyd was full of it. But he's stuck to his guns, had everyone and himself tested, and other fighters have followed suit. it's great for boxing.

You're letting "the perfect" become the enemy of "the good"- Floyd is doing good, and the mere fact that it's Mayweather doing it, rubs you the wrong way.
C'mon man.....Do you honestly think Floyd would have "come off" his claim that he wanted to impose these new testing requirements to "clean up boxing"?

He couldn't just drop it like it's hot....he had to ride with it other wise he would have really took on a lot of heat from the media and fans.

He rode with it because it made sense.....and it was a lot easier to pay whatever it costs for him to test than to deal with the fall out of going back on his word again with more contradictory actions.

Better testing is good for the sport but I'm not going to say I buy that Floyd's intentions were what he claims.....it just so happens that his excuse turned out to be something that actually benefited boxing....go figure, right?

Floyd doing good doesn't rub me the wrong way....Floyd trying avoid facing PAC rubs me the wrong way...it always has.

Floyd's had many excuses....but this one was actually produced something positive for the sport...but it wasn't by design...it just so happened that this whole thing snowballed and Floyd ran with it.

Had Floyd never said he was all about the money and had Floyd never said he really didnt' care about boxing or his legacy...and had Floyd not waited until he was supposed to fight Manny to decide it would be a good time to create this "movement"....I wouldn't be rubbed the wrong way.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #64
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
Everyone in the sport has acknowledged floyd as being the pioneer who has led the way for stricter drug testing. It's been a great wake up cool for the sport. Don't hate on floyd just because he stepped up and gave his arm to be tested.
**** off cheerleader....go play with your pom poms.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #65
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
C'mon man.....Do you honestly think Floyd would have "come off" his claim that he wanted to impose these new testing requirements to "clean up boxing"?

He couldn't just drop it like it's hot....he had to ride with it other wise he would have really took on a lot of heat from the media and fans.

He rode with it because it made sense.....and it was a lot easier to pay whatever it costs for him to test than to deal with the fall out of going back on his word again with more contradictory actions.

Better testing is good for the sport but I'm not going to say I buy that Floyd's intentions were what he claims.....it just so happens that his excuse turned out to be something that actually benefited boxing....go figure, right?

Floyd doing good doesn't rub me the wrong way....Floyd trying avoid facing PAC rubs me the wrong way...it always has.

Floyd's had many excuses....but this one was actually produced something positive for the sport...but it wasn't by design...it just so happened that this whole thing snowballed and Floyd ran with it.

Had Floyd never said he was all about the money and had Floyd never said he really didnt' care about boxing or his legacy...and had Floyd not waited until he was supposed to fight Manny to decide it would be a good time to create this "movement"....I wouldn't be rubbed the wrong way.
pac and his camp had more excuses than Mayweather did for not fighting when the fight was close to being a done deal. That is absolute fact, and was caught in a lie on 24/7 with Hatton so he had to go back on his stance.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 06:42 PM   #66
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
pac and his camp had more excuses than Mayweather did for not fighting when the fight was close to being a done deal. That is absolute fact, and was caught in a lie on 24/7 with Hatton so he had to go back on his stance.
The only excuse from Pac was the cut off for drug testing....people said Pac was afraid of needles but that was simply not true....just look at his tats.....Pac just didn't want to have blood taken from him on the day of the fight....which they would never do anyway.

Floyds list of excuses by far exceeds the one by Manny.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #67
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

Quote:
The only excuse from Pac was the cut off for drug testing....people said Pac was afraid of needles but that was simply not true....just look at his tats.....Pac just didn't want to have blood taken from him on the day of the fight....which they would never do anyway.

Floyds list of excuses by far exceeds the one by Manny.
Not when the fight was going to get made it wasn't.

Floyd wanted no cut off testing.

Then:

- Pac lied and said he can only do a 30 day cut off (then got exposed when he and hatton gave blood 2 weeks before their bout) and had to go back and change the story.

- koncz and Arum both said Pacquiao was weary of needles and that they
would cause bruising in his arms because veins are hard to find

- Pac said taking the blood would effect him negatively because he is the smaller man (whatever that means)

- Roach said it was just because they didn't want to let Floyd have any stipulations (even though pac gets his own)
Old 09-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #68
platnumpapi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

floyd way is the best way in boxing, who gone pay for all boxers to be tested randomly 365 24 7 ? how long does that **** last in your system ? im thinking after 30 days its gone. if its out your system then how could it help you ? so stopping for 60 days to me would be like you was clean. i mean will the **** last that damn long. like i can take roids in june and still kick ass come august.
platnumpapi is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #69
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Not when the fight was going to get made it wasn't.

Floyd wanted no cut off testing.

Then:

- Pac lied and said he can only do a 30 day cut off (then got exposed when he and hatton gave blood 2 weeks before their bout) and had to go back and change the story.

- koncz and Arum both said Pacquiao was weary of needles and that they
would cause bruising in his arms because veins are hard to find

- Pac said taking the blood would effect him negatively because he is the smaller man (whatever that means)

- Roach said it was just because they didn't want to let Floyd have any stipulations (even though pac gets his own)
Look....how willing would you be to "give in" to demands from a person who came out publicly throwing out false and baseless accusations...Damaging claims....and with out backing them up with any facts or evidence?

I'm not sure how you think "negotiations" should go but that sir is going against all logic and common sense if you are looking to secure a fight or make any kind of business arrangement for that matter.

Pac most likely would have been a lot easier to work with had Floyd acted in a more professional and respectful manner. if he had of shown a little class and told PAC he would request blood testing rather than DEMAND it.....And if Floyd had of refrained from spreading rumors...insults and lies I think we would have already seen this fight.

Koncz and Arum saying things is a lot different than PAC saying it for himself.

PAC is like millions of other people who just don't like giving blood...some folks have adverse effects when having blood drawn...they feel weak, woozy, sick and sluggish. PAC has said for a long time he feels like giving blood weakens him...LONG before the Floyd fight was talked about.

Roach has a point....I don't think they wanted to give into EVERYTHING Floyd wanted based on how he conducted himself before, during and after negotiations. But Floyd is like one of those kids who has the only basketball at the court.....if things don't go his way...he simply won't play.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #70
Knickerbocker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

365 is the ONLY way to go nowadays.

no cut offs, or non-testing during non-training periods, thats basically still the same as not taking a test at all.

Knickerbocker is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #71
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by platnumpapi View Post
floyd way is the best way in boxing, who gone pay for all boxers to be tested randomly 365 24 7 ? how long does that **** last in your system ? im thinking after 30 days its gone. if its out your system then how could it help you ? so stopping for 60 days to me would be like you was clean. i mean will the **** last that damn long. like i can take roids in june and still kick ass come august.
It help, I can bench 120kg now I can take roids for 6 months and boost that to 150 kg then come of them and still reap the benifits of the roids, after you come off them your body does not go back to where it was before.
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #72
ajackman1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Look....how willing would you be to "give in" to demands from a person who came out publicly throwing out false and baseless accusations...Damaging claims....and with out backing them up with any facts or evidence?

I'm not sure how you think "negotiations" should go but that sir is going against all logic and common sense if you are looking to secure a fight or make any kind of business arrangement for that matter.

Pac most likely would have been a lot easier to work with had Floyd acted in a more professional and respectful manner. if he had of shown a little class and told PAC he would request blood testing rather than DEMAND it.....And if Floyd had of refrained from spreading rumors...insults and lies I think we would have already seen this fight.

PAC is like millions of other people who just don't like giving blood...some folks have adverse effects when having blood drawn...they feel weak, woozy, sick and sluggish. PAC has said for a long time he feels like giving blood weakens him...LONG before the Floyd fight was talked about.

Roach has a point....I don't think they wanted to give into EVERYTHING Floyd wanted based on how he conducted himself before, during and after negotiations. But Floyd is like one of those kids who has the only basketball at the court.....if things don't go his way...he simply won't play.
Quit making excuses for Manny. If Floyd done what Manny did by refusing the tests, He would get much more heavily criticised.
ajackman1 is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #73
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

Quote:

Um, if some fighter's dad was bad mouthing me on youtube I'd sign the fight, whip his ass, take the tests and prove I'm clean because I'm not a *****

Pac doesn't say anything for himself, so who else are we supposed to listen to? Hell his excuse made the LEAST sense out of all of them. Even Bob arum said he wasn't really interested in having Pac fight Floyd so close to Pac's election

Fight was never going to happen, Top Rank made sure of it.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #74
haworths623
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 931

Let ask this why was Mayweather, in his fights with Mosley, Cotto and Ortiz given his final drug test 3 days before they had it?

He's using folks.
haworths623 is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #75
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajackman1 View Post
Quit making excuses for Manny. If Floyd done what Manny did by refusing the tests, He would get much more heavily criticised.
If Pac did what Floyd did and the roles were reversed......The US fans wouldn't be Fans of Pac and everyone would have said he ducked Floyd.....and if you think Floyd would've negotiated with Pac after making baseless accusations about Floyd being a cheat you're dead wrong....Floyd would have told Pac he could go **** himself and killed the fight on the spot.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum