Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 02:24 AM   #46
Jabber
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Boxers that have used illegal PEDs

you can add to that list all the fighters who work or ever worked with Victor Conte,Donaire,Judaj or Sven Warddke.there have never been an athlet who worked with Conte not on juice
 Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #47
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxers that have used illegal PEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormega View Post
No, he didn't. His test showed elevated testosterone levels and that's it. This andro business is nothing but speculation. I've seen the IBF letter and read the interviews from Muhammad as well as the Indiana state commissioner, who insisted that Roy "admitted to using an anabolic steroid" based solely on the fact that Roy came out and said he used Ripped Fuel.

Also, I encourage you to click on the link that I posted and read up on andro. As I said, it quite simply isn't an "anabolic steroid". It's just been loosely classified as one, probably by the same idiots who decided to classify marijuana as a "narcotic".
So you think he tested positive for elevated testosterone then?

Well testosterone is an anabolic steroid.

And if had a positive test, his T:E ratio would have been 6:1 or greater because that was the standard back then.

Now that is 6 times above the normal limit, so what was Roy taking to boost is levels by that much, because it was not Ripped Fuel.

Roy must have been roiding hard if you believe it was elevated test levels.
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #48
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxers that have used illegal PEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabber View Post
you can add to that list all the fighters who work or ever worked with Victor Conte,Donaire,Judaj or Sven Warddke.there have never been an athlet who worked with Conte not on juice
Want proof, not speculation
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #49
Cormega
Quadruple OG
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,662
vCash: 1400
Default Re: Boxers that have used illegal PEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
So you think he tested positive for elevated testosterone then?

Well testosterone is an anabolic steroid.

And if had a positive test, his T:E ratio would have been 6:1 or greater because that was the standard back then.

Now that is 6 times above the normal limit, so what was Roy taking to boost is levels by that much, because it was not Ripped Fuel.

Roy must have been roiding hard if you believe it was elevated test levels.
No, I know his test results showed elevated testosterone levels.

Testosterone is a naturally occurring hormone. Anabolic steroids are synthetic hormones that resemble testosterone in promoting muscle growth.

Roy did have a T/E ratio of 6:1, which is about six times what's considered "normal" in most healthy adult males. They assumed it was an anabolic steroid that caused this, but they didn't follow up with CIR testing to determine whether he had synthetic testosterone in his system or not.

I do believe he was probably taking an anabolic steroid. However, it is possible that the over the counter Ripped Fuel supplement containing andro, which was available at the time, could have been the cause of his high T/E ratio, but he probably would have had to have taken a whole lot of that stuff close to the time that he was tested. Andro has been shown to increase serum testosterone levels over short periods, but clinical studies have shown that it does not promote muscle growth or an increase in strength, which makes it not an anabolic steroid by definition. Based on what I've read, though, the short term increase in serum testosterone levels caused by andro could very well cause a T/E test to show a ratio of 6:1.
Cormega is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #50
Cormega
Quadruple OG
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,662
vCash: 1400
Default Re: Boxers that have used illegal PEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
Fool don't know what a stimulant is.

Go do some research and you might learn something.
I ain't got time to teach your dumb ass.
Any proof that he actually used cocaine to enhance his performance in a fight?
Cormega is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #51
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxers that have used illegal PEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormega View Post
No, I know his test results showed elevated testosterone levels.

Testosterone is a naturally occurring hormone. Anabolic steroids are synthetic hormones that resemble testosterone in promoting muscle growth.

Roy did have a T/E ratio of 6:1, which is about six times what's considered "normal" in most healthy adult males. They assumed it was an anabolic steroid that caused this, but they didn't follow up with CIR testing to determine whether he had synthetic testosterone in his system or not.

I do believe he was probably taking an anabolic steroid. However, it is possible that the over the counter Ripped Fuel supplement containing andro, which was available at the time, could have been the cause of his high T/E ratio, but he probably would have had to have taken a whole lot of that stuff close to the time that he was tested. Andro has been shown to increase serum testosterone levels over short periods, but clinical studies have shown that it does not promote muscle growth or an increase in strength, which makes it not an anabolic steroid by definition. Based on what I've read, though, the short term increase in serum testosterone levels caused by andro could very well cause a T/E test to show a ratio of 6:1.
Testosterone is an anabolic steroid, it promotes muscle growth.

But there is no way Roy or anyone would have natural test levels of 6:1 or above. He was using.

Ripped fuel would not have boosted his test levels to that much.

So Roy was Roiding hard.
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #52
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxers that have used illegal PEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormega View Post
Any proof that he actually used cocaine to enhance his performance in a fight?
Doesn't matter what he was using it for. It is banned, it is a stimulant. End of.
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #53
Hattons Hook
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,894
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxers that have used illegal PEDs

I cant see anyway that coke could help your performance.
Hattons Hook is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #54
Cormega
Quadruple OG
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,662
vCash: 1400
Default Re: Boxers that have used illegal PEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
Testosterone is an anabolic steroid, it promotes muscle growth.

But there is no way Roy or anyone would have natural test levels of 6:1 or above. He was using.

Ripped fuel would not have boosted his test levels to that much.

So Roy was Roiding hard.
No, again, testosterone is a naturally occurring hormone. Anabolic steroids are synthetic hormones.

Either he had a severe hormone imbalance or he was using something that caused his T/E test to show a ratio of 6:1.

If he took enough Ripped Fuel containing andro close enough to the test, yes, it very well could have caused a 6:1 T/E ratio.

The NSAC still considers a 6:1 T/E ratio "acceptable". Most other bodies only allow a 4:1 ratio. I wouldn't exactly say he was "roiding hard" just because his ratio was 6:1. Alistair Overeem's T/E test came back 14:1... Now that's "roiding hard".
Cormega is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #55
Cormega
Quadruple OG
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,662
vCash: 1400
Default Re: Boxers that have used illegal PEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
Doesn't matter what he was using it for. It is banned, it is a stimulant. End of.
If he used it recreationally, just to get high (which I'm quite sure he did) and not right before the fight to enhance his performance, then I don't see how he's guilty of using a performance enhancing drug to gain an unfair advantage. Yes, it's banned, and so is weed. So what it's a stimulant? If he didn't use it right before or during the fight, there's no way it could have enhanced his performance in any way whatsoever.
Cormega is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #56
Cormega
Quadruple OG
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,662
vCash: 1400
Default Re: Boxers that have used illegal PEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattons Hook View Post
I cant see anyway that coke could help your performance.
Outside of taking it just before or during an actual fight, there's no ****ing way it could possibly enhance your performance.
Cormega is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #57
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxers that have used illegal PEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormega View Post
No, again, testosterone is a naturally occurring hormone. Anabolic steroids are synthetic hormones.

Either he had a severe hormone imbalance or he was using something that caused his T/E test to show a ratio of 6:1.

If he took enough Ripped Fuel containing andro close enough to the test, yes, it very well could have caused a 6:1 T/E ratio.

The NSAC still considers a 6:1 T/E ratio "acceptable". Most other bodies only allow a 4:1 ratio. I wouldn't exactly say he was "roiding hard" just because his ratio was 6:1. Alistair Overeem's T/E test came back 14:1... Now that's "roiding hard".
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Enter 1996 and the legal availability of androstenedione (a-dione) and other
prohormones. For the first time, "steroids" were legally available over the
counter and testosterone became user-friendly. It could not only enhance
strength and muscle size, but also improve body composition, bone density,
libido, and immunocompetence. Some research even suggested T could make
you smarter! Unfortunately, as supplement sales skyrocketed, so did marketing
hyperbole. And so, too, did the bull about which company had the most potent
prohormone concoction and how effective these "legal steroids" were.


Enter 1996 and the legal availability of androstenedione (a-dione) and other
prohormones. For the first time, "steroids" were legally available over the
counter and testosterone became user-friendly. It could not only enhance
strength and muscle size, but also improve body composition, bone density,
libido, and immunocompetence. Some research even suggested T could make
you smarter! Unfortunately, as supplement sales skyrocketed, so did marketing
hyperbole. And so, too, did the bull about which company had the most potent
prohormone concoction and how effective these "legal steroids" were.


In healthy humans, the "rate-limiting" step in testosterone biosynthesis is the
conversion of cholesterol into a hormone called pregnenolone. This hormone is
then first converted to either DHEA or progesterone before being further
degraded in a stepwise fashion to testosterone. Schematically, the two possible
pathways look like this: (Enzymes have been omitted for clarity.)
Cholesterol » pregnenolone » progesterone » androstenedione» T
Cholesterol » pregnenolone » DHEA » androstenediol » T
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #58
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxers that have used illegal PEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormega View Post
Outside of taking it just before or during an actual fight, there's no ****ing way it could possibly enhance your performance.
Makes you train harder and you carry those gains into the fight.

He might have taken it on the night as well.
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #59
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxers that have used illegal PEDs

The Basics
Testosterone is a 19-carbon steroid hormone produced primarily by the Leydig
cells of the testes (in men) and the ovaries (in women). Smaller amounts are
produced in the adrenal glands of both ***es. As a "steroid", testosterone
belongs to the androgen class of hormones that also includes
dihydrotestosterone (DHT), dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), androstenedione,
and androstenediol. Six other classes of steroid hormones exist, including
estrogens (the bane of male bodybuilders), progestins (some female
contraceptives are made of these), mineralocorticoids (which help control water
balance), glucocorticoids (mainly anti-inflammatory compounds), vitamin D, and
bile acids.
In men, approximately seven mg of testosterone is produced each day, and
blood levels range between 300 and 1000 ng/dL (10-28 nmol/L). Females, on
the other hand, produce about 1/15th of this amount, leading to average blood
levels of only 25 to 90 ng/dL (1-2.5 nmol/L). All steroid hormones are derived
from the sterane ring structure, composed of three hexane (6 carbon) rings and
one pentane (5 carbon) ring.
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #60
Cormega
Quadruple OG
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,662
vCash: 1400
Default Re: Boxers that have used illegal PEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
Makes you train harder and you carry those gains into the fight.

He might have taken it on the night as well.
Maybe. Without any proof that he took it to enhance his training or his performance on the night, though, I gotta assume he was just using it to get high like everybody else who uses it.
Cormega is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013