Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2012, 02:53 AM   #61
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: Green vs Tarver 2....on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighta29 View Post
Dude, aside form the steroids part, supplementation with vitamins etc is VITAL to your general well being and nutrition, let alone being an athlete. Foods are not as packed full of goodness in modern times due to the accelaeration of growth and production. You also would have to eat half your body weight in fruit and veg to get what you need. A top up with vitamins and occasional protein shakes should not be frowned upon.

I am guessing you are not an athlete or just lack experience.
Complete and utter bollocks.

Most people don't get their required nutrition because they eat too much processed junk food.
Get back to basics and there is more than plenty goodness in natural unprocessed food.

I'm guessing you have shares in a supplement company, or just lacking experience.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2012, 03:44 AM   #62
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 892
vCash: 500
Default Re: Green vs Tarver 2....on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Complete and utter bollocks.

Most people don't get their required nutrition because they eat too much processed junk food.
Get back to basics and there is more than plenty goodness in natural unprocessed food.

I'm guessing you have shares in a supplement company, or just lacking experience.
Neither. Do your research MoFo
fighta29 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:26 AM   #63
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,015
vCash: 346
Default Re: Green vs Tarver 2....on twitter

Fat ass sox acting like he knows sht about nutrition
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:46 AM   #64
kas117
Undisputed Shit-Stirrer
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 842
vCash: 500
Default Re: Green vs Tarver 2....on twitter

Quote:
Fat ass sox acting like he knows sht about nutrition
Kind of like short ass Ty acting like he knows sht about boxing
kas117 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:13 AM   #65
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: Green vs Tarver 2....on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighta29 View Post
Neither. Do your research MoFo
Mofo?....
Get ****ed.

There's never been any independent proof that supplements provide any benefit over and above proper diet.

The only people who claim supplements work are the supplement companies and sportspeople who get paid to use them.

Now if you think you can come back with something solid instead of insults, then we can continue.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #66
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: Green vs Tarver 2....on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Fat ass sox acting like he knows sht about nutrition
Pretty rich coming from the forum ****wit who knows nothing about everything, and is owned on a daily basis.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #67
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: Green vs Tarver 2....on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Mofo?....
Get ****ed.

There's never been any independent proof that supplements provide any benefit over and above proper diet.

The only people who claim supplements work are the supplement companies and sportspeople who get paid to use them.

Now if you think you can come back with something solid instead of insults, then we can continue.
Supplements and vitamins are an excellent way to control calories while getting additional nutrients etc to the body. This is excellent for boxing as the intense nature of training runs the immune system very low and the fighter has to control calories to make weight.

While I agree organic and natural foods > supplements, I think there is a definite need for them in sports as they are an easy way to aid recovery etc
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #68
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 892
vCash: 500
Default Re: Green vs Tarver 2....on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Mofo?....
Get ****ed.

There's never been any independent proof that supplements provide any benefit over and above proper diet.

The only people who claim supplements work are the supplement companies and sportspeople who get paid to use them.

Now if you think you can come back with something solid instead of insults, then we can continue.
Not over and above, in addition to. We simply are not able to absorb sufficient micro-nutrients to adequately perform at optimum or maintain appropriate oxidant levels. Proper nutrition is paramount. Vitamin intake is simply to top up, not replace.

I guess chinese hebalists, that have been extracting and concentrating vitamins from plants, fruits and vegetables for the past thousand years have been wrong all along to aye?
fighta29 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #69
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Green vs Tarver 2....on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas117 View Post
Kind of like short ass Ty acting like he knows sht about boxing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Pretty rich coming from the forum ****wit who knows nothing about everything, and is owned on a daily basis.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:36 AM   #70
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: Green vs Tarver 2....on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Supplements and vitamins are an excellent way to control calories while getting additional nutrients etc to the body. This is excellent for boxing as the intense nature of training runs the immune system very low and the fighter has to control calories to make weight.
It's excellent only in the sense that it's a quicker easier way out for the boxer. In a nutshell, most are lazy.
Nothing beats good nutrition. Nothing.
Quote:
While I agree organic and natural foods > supplements, I think there is a definite need for them in sports as they are an easy way to aid recovery etc
With the emphasis on easy. See above.

Most aren't interested in eating properly, even professional athletes, so the supplements provide some of what's needed.
They don't consider the side effects, and the supplement companies won't tell you, much of the time because they don't know themselves.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #71
donkeyking
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 942
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Green vs Tarver 2....on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Mofo?....
Get ****ed.

There's never been any independent proof that supplements provide any benefit over and above proper diet.

The only people who claim supplements work are the supplement companies and sportspeople who get paid to use them.

Now if you think you can come back with something solid instead of insults, then we can continue.
Sox you got it wrong this time. For a normal lifestyle that statement would be correct. For high performance atheletes supplements do aid the athelete. Supplements pack a bigger punch in terms of nutrition.
donkeyking is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #72
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: Green vs Tarver 2....on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighta29 View Post
Not over and above, in addition to. We simply are not able to absorb sufficient micro-nutrients to adequately perform at optimum or maintain appropriate oxidant levels. Proper nutrition is paramount. Vitamin intake is simply to top up, not replace.
Not true, it's all a big myth perpetuated by the big companies.
All nutrients needed (and then some) are provided by proper diet, what's not needed is shot out the rear end.

Sure, supplements can provide the goodies if diet isn't spot on, however they also provide many side effects.
Quote:
I guess chinese hebalists, that have been extracting and concentrating vitamins from plants, fruits and vegetables for the past thousand years have been wrong all along to aye?
That's a very different thing to what supplement companies are doing.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:45 AM   #73
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: Green vs Tarver 2....on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyking View Post
Sox you got it wrong this time. For a normal lifestyle that statement would be correct. For high performance atheletes supplements do aid the athelete. Supplements pack a bigger punch in terms of nutrition.
Nope, see my post just before and after yours.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #74
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 892
vCash: 500
Default Re: Green vs Tarver 2....on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
It's excellent only in the sense that it's a quicker easier way out for the boxer. In a nutshell, most are lazy.
Nothing beats good nutrition. Nothing.

With the emphasis on easy. See above.

Most aren't interested in eating properly, even professional athletes, so the supplements provide some of what's needed.
They don't consider the side effects, and the supplement companies won't tell you, much of the time because they don't know themselves.
Im sorry mate, but you are wrong.

For instance, to consume adequate vitamin c (the daily dose between 1000mg for an active male, more for an athlete) to assist in maintaining a good immune system, you would have to consume minimum 1 kg of oranges. Not going to happen. So, the obvious answer would be, to extract the required nutrient and consume it in addition to consuming a daily amount of fruit. Not replacing, supplementing.

It has been happening in this way for thousands of years, through the process of drying, grinding and concentrating natural substances, into a digestible form that allowed us to comsume it to recieve that best potential benefits. This is and was a natural part of development in the evolution of food consumption. The only difference now is that the production method has changed, and "pharmecutecal" companies are now involved, introducing synthetic products etc. Therefore the choice needs to be made by the consumer to choose the natural product.

It is a medical fact that we do not consume enough natural food to have adequate nutrients to function at optimum level, without consuming massive calories. Its a fault in our evolution. And as i said, IN ADDITION TO, not replacment.
fighta29 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #75
donkeyking
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 942
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Green vs Tarver 2....on twitter

Sox. Answer this for me. When was the last Mr Universe who only ate at red meat as part of his diet?

Every top class athlete takes them. So you say they are all wrong or lazy or both?
donkeyking is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013